Posts by jeddie

I'm not real educated in the amp world. I just know your basic name brand amps. Are there any amps here that are well known in boutiques and maybe are known to be used on popular songs? Are most of these vintage or just all over the board? Anyways, just curious about everyones personal experience.

I guess I could spend some time researching. I was curious more from a technical aspect. What makes the magnets and cones different to accommodate for this. I want to make sure these are not new marketing ploys and we are getting a new design of speaker that is specifically going to meet the need of these new devices. For example I read somewhere these have further ranges now, but my question is were we currently experiencing the full spectrim of ranges before? By ranges I meaning higher decibels to lower decibels. In essence why are the old designs not adequate. I have heard FRFR speakers before and they sounded flat and stale, but that was with an axefx. I also have read on here that the FRFR speakers are just not any good. If they are achieving the full range and response then I don't see why they wouldn't have the thump. Maybe with the axe it was stale, because of the axe. I know I'm playing my kemper through some cheap monitors now and it sounds incredible. Anyways I guess a normal speaker cabinet is actually vibrating based on the analog signal from poweramp preamp and the frfr is vibrating based on a digital interpretation of the signal to real world vibrations. Maybe this is just too far above my mind!!!!

There aren't any in there... I'm just saying the ones you originally did aren't working for me for some reason. They feel disconnected and changing pick attack doesn't correct it. Was there a different profiling method used for those?

sheguitarplayer

These are the best profiles. I ran through all of them today and they are absolutely incredible. I was even able to dial in a slashish tone.

One thing I can't figure out is why the 5150 profiles don't sound good with my guitar. I'm using the wolfgang with your earlier 5150 profiles and it feels like the pick attack is off and I can't get it adjusted to where it's on. It's delayed for some reason. I feel so disconnected. Were these created with the wolfgang guitar? Was a different profiling method used?

Anyways, thanks again for the profiles!

What confuses me is it seems like the gm50 is seperate, but will be offered with the wedge as well. It seems like you would just sell the wedge as a powered speaker and not sell the gm50 alone. Anyways, I don't know, but I hope these come out soon. So does anyone know why these will be superior to previous powered speakers? Is it the range of them or what makes them better than a guitar speaker? A lot of people have said stay clear of FRFR, because they don't push air. So I'm clueless, but I'm willing to learn if someone will enlighten me? Should I sell my cabinet and go FRFR?

Thanks!!!!

Awesome yeah my USA model plays like butter. I bought a special a while back and the nut height was way too high so I sold it. I would have to cut the nut shelf in order to get it right and I don't have the tools for that. I read somewhere specials are a hit or miss on setup. You have to actually pick one out at a store. I also have the "Les Paul" Wolfgang and it's incredible. The action is lower than the normal model, because of the cut nut. They cut it really low so it's also a great player!

Awesome I will check these out today! For a perpetual sick guy like myself I don't really get excited, but a glimmer of joy is shining through after seeing this post! Thank you!

I'm an EVH guitar guy as well! Which one do you have? I have a stealth and it's super smooth! I still like the 15" radius fretboard of the peaveys though.... I felt like I could play much better on those, but thats probably just from a psychological standpoint.

Ahh that's a shame that you're having problems with it. You may have done this previously on the other profiles, but can you use these settings. Supposedly this is what Ed uses. Thank you!

Gain, Low, Mid, High, Vol

Channel 1: 3, 10, 10.5, 2, 10
    Channel 2: 3, 12, 10.5, 2, 10
    Channel 3: 3, 12, 10.5, 1.5, 10
    Pres 1,2, & 3: All set to 2

I think they have to sell it for more than the stores otherwise the stores wouldn't carry them. I think the only reason they are selling them direct is for people that are having a hard time getting them in certain areas of the world. I may be wrong, but that's just my thoughts. Stores usually get mad if you sell direct and even more upset if you sell direct for lower price.

What's a shame is I really think the design and non rackmount may be hurting this profiler. I hope it's suceeding, because I can't imagine where they could go from here. It's been an incredible tool for me!

When I first got my unit I updated to 1.06 with no problems and immediately uploaded user profiles. One thing I had to do though was tweak a lot of them for my ears. Typically I adjust the presence and treble up... I don't know why, but some profiles sounded muffled. It takes me literally seconds though to tweak them. I have yet to go through all the profiles, because I get stuck on so many good profiles. Maybe after the update you will feel different, but like guitartone said if you don't like it return it. I was a real tube amp guy and I can't imagine returning mine. I play through some pretty crappy speakers as well.

I agree with you 100% that's why I mentioned earlier that it still doesn't sound good. Youtube was what made me purchase the kemper and I could still hear the dynamics of it. I used youtube to decide between the axefx and the kemper. Youtube is definitly a good source for sonic comparison.

What I don't understand is why if youtube clips are not a good source to match tones with that Fractal keeps posting them. I have not seen one thread on Amp Matching- only Tone Matching and supposedly this update is vey close to release. And not to Axe bash but seriously, I don't think they've raised the bar sonically at all.

I think pickups and our personal preferences play a factor as to which cabs/tweaks sound good. I think a lot has to do with the music we grew up on including sytle genre etc. This is why in my mind the kemper is awesome. You may like the open sound and I may like a tight sound!

At first I wasn't real impressed with this upload even though I am grateful for it, but then I changed the cab to tills marshall #6 and pumped the gain/treble/presence now i'm in heaven. It's a nice unique marshall sound!!! I'm not an amp expert, but sounds like it's in between a plexi and 800. Not so much a growl and not so vintage, but just right! Anyways, THANK YOU!!!!