Posts by r_u_sirius

thanks!
    those preamps are no dedicated guitar preamps, but studio preamps for microphone, line and HI-Z signal amplification.
    Profiling was easily done:
    KPA-direct out into the preamps
    preamp out directly back to KPA
    no microphones and no speakers envolved.

Hi!
    I just uploaded some nice studio preamp profiles.

-Universal Audio LA-610 MkII tube preamp
    -Universal Audio 4-710d trans/tube preamp
    -En-Voice Mindprint tube preamp
    -Chandler Germanium preamp/DI

all with two different gain settings.

Maybe not as useful as a nice vintage Marshall ;) , but maybe at least worth a try for the occasional direct to desk sound :whistling:

I uploaded some Fuzzbox-Profiles some weeks ago. They all begin with Stomp_....
    As far as I know that Black Keys guy uses lots of different sounds, most of them very raw and fuzzy.....at least he did in the past. I don´t know their latest songs.

Hello again,

I wasn´t completely satisfied with my profiles. They do pretty much sound like the real amp, and that is the problem ;)
    So I remembered that back in the days, when I used to play this amp with my first band, how great it felt when I finally upgraded to a 4x12" 1960 cab.
    So thanks to Tills great cab profiles, I did it again, choosing number 006 - much better, same smile on my lips like 25 years ago :D

feel free to grab the upgrade here: jcm800-upgrade

that´s interesting!

This way I could omit those damn phase issues when reamping several times from one source DI-track.
    What I usually do for my heavy rhythm tracks is blending two Diezel Herberts with different cabs together, one with Celestion G12K100 speakers, which are brutally precise and in your face, miked with a Heil PR40 mic, the other one with Vitnage30 speakers for a smoother and more musical addition, miced with a trusty SM57

I should make one profile with this setup!

Sometimes I like to add a room mic. what if I bring this into the game, too? Would it be possible?

Hi,

some weeks ago, my trusty old MArshall JCM800 50W 12" Combo, which I bought used in 1987 und sold a year later came back to me, after a 25 year long journey! 8o
    I did 4 profiles of it, with different gain settings, which you can find at the exchange.

For the first time I blended two mics together. A SM57 is the main mic, pointed straight to the edge of the cone. Additionally I used a cheapo ribbon mic called "Lollipop", which is surprisingly good for 88,- Euros. It was placed closer to the edge of the speaker.
    Both mics went to a Universal Audio 4-710-d preamp. They were blended thogether in Cubase.

The refining guitars was an Ibanez AS73 with a pair of those excellent PRS 57/08 pickups.

Hope you like it!

[Blocked Image: http://www.frogstar-battle-machine.de/marshall.jpg]

:( hm, same here with a Steinberg MR816x
    all settings are correct
    SPDIF output workes fine. SPDIF input not at all

no idea what else I could do to get this running.....

and yes, as Animus said:
    "Please allow clock slaving with SPDIF."

well, one of the first things I did with the fresh unpacked KPA was reamping. the described problems were alredy there. Since then two new firmwares came and lots of new profiles and tweaking was done. The phasing issue is still there like in the begining.
    But for the sake of trying anything possible, I´ll give a system reboot a shot.

here´s a Cubase 6.5 test project, analog recording with just my Steinberg MR816 an the radial reamper in use.

http://www.frogstar-battle-machine.de/KPA-Test_analog.zip

If you don´t own Cubase, you can grab the audio files in the audio folder and use your DAW of choice.
    you´ll will see one DI track and 5 recorded tracks with different sounds. All start at the same position
    always compare two of them, don´t pan them, listen in mono!
    some are in phase, some are not, for example listen to the Diezel and the Soldano tracks and watch how the sound changes in the middle!

I wanted to do a digital test, but the SPDIF input isn´t working. SPDIF input is checked!
    digital out is working....strange.... :wacko:

I wonder how Ola Englund is quad tracking with no problems?

Quad tracking leads to no problems! you play 4 times, you get 4 different tracks, so no phasing issues can happen!

What we are talking about is reamping ONE DI-track 2 oder more times with defferent KPA sound presets, which leads to phasing issues, because everey reamped track seems to have a slightly and even randomly diffenrent phase, something never happend to me before when using real amps.

sorry getting OT, for futher discussions the link above is recommended ;)

sure:

DI-Track playing back in Cubase 6.5 into->
    Steinberg MR816 Firewire Interface mono out ->
    Radial active Reamp box into->
    KPA Input ->
    KPA Master out left into->
    Chandler Germanium preamp into ->
    Universal Audio 4-710s direct input ->
    Universal Audio ADAT out into ->
    Steinberg MR816 Firewire Interface ADAT in ->
    back into Cubase for recording

digital devices are securely clocked with wordclock

nothing special here, this is my trusty setup for years, except the KAP instead of a real amp with miced cab

I doubt that the randomly changing phases are caused by any of those devices except the KPA.

Just to make sure we´re talking about the same scenario:
    I record a DI-Track via reamper into KPA several times with different amp presets. The results are tracks that randomly change phase to each other.