Posts by r_u_sirius

Hi,

here are my latest profiles.

pack one is a Fender Super Reverb with and without pedals
    SUPER

pack two are some fuzz pedals in front of a Bugera Vintage 5 amp
    FUZZ

pack three are the profiles I used for a studio session, it´s a Marshall JMP Superbass with some pedal combinations. The band kindly agreed to share the profiles.
    STUDIO SESSION

I´m a bit in a hurry, you´ll find the details in the tags!

Hope you find some useful ones 8)

By the way, r_u_ sirrius , I have been using 3 of these profiles in my weekly gigs ever since you originally downloaded them. I have never rated any profiles just because I found that the rating were not allways that accurate.SO THANKS FOR THE PROFILES... Paul

you´re welcome! thanks for the great feedback :)

there have been instant one star ratings for all my uploads in the last months. I suspect there´s a hater doing his sorry business....
    as I said, I like the idea of sharing, so I will make my future contributions available only via dropbox download. No more rig exchange for me, as long as votings are anonymous!

Hi folks,

just for clarification: I deleted the profiles.
    The reason is that I´m not willing to accept the systematic one star ratings I always recieve for some random profiles of my uploads any longer.
    I´m totally open for feedback and critisism, but dealing with annonymous haters is not what I´m looking for. Spoils the fun quite a bit....

Anyway, the idea of sharing profiles is great, and I appreciate everyone´s contributions, so grab the Metallica settings profiles here

Keep in mind that these profiles are not made to sound like the original tone from the records, but to provide a platform with the original amp settings for further tweaks.

My intention was not getting the original tone perfectly right.
    All I did was using my Quad pre, tweak it to the settings in the notes and profile it.
    Different power amp (they probably used the Mark IIc head, I used my Diezel VH-4´s power amp, different speakers, different mics, different post EQ, massive multi tracking, different guitars, different player etc ;)

So take these profiles as a base for further tweaks 8)

I tweaked the Quad Pre to the settings shown in the notes, including the settings for the built in 5 band EQ and profiled it.

I guess it is not very common to find such detailed recording notes from famous bands 8)

Hi,

I uploaded some profiles of my Mesa Quad preamp with original Metallica studio settings from the "Master of Puppets" and "...and Justice for All" sessions.
    User Waraba found these settings , so big thanks to him!

Do you remember those good old Metallica riffs? Time for a revisit! 8)

the profiles are up!

first set with ".... _" and second set with "....*" at the end.

Nice tones indeed, some of them a little too dark for my taste or my guitars. But I think they will findsome friends here.

The Master of Puppets setting is included as well. Keeping in mind that there is post production and heavy multi tracking involved with what we all know from the record, this tone is a pretty good starting point for the famous Master of Puppets sound! Cool finding!!!

I also uploaded two Dual Rectifier profiles with the Seymour Duncan 805 overdrive for boost, one aggressive, the other one VERY aggressive 8)

good news indeed! Thanks a lot Paults, I wasn´t aware of this!
    :thumbup:

I did another round of profiles with my Marshall ´70 JMP Superbass, bridged and several overdirve pedals in front.
    Some classic tones in here! 8)
    Check them out at the rig exchange!

After working some days withe the Grossmann ISO cab I´m more than happy with it. Finally I´m able to dial in the sound exactly as I like it, without the guessing involved when profiling with the cab in the same room.
    Looking forward to test different mic combinations and different speakers....so many possibilities.... :D

March of the Overdrives:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.frogstar-battle-machine.de/KPA/jmp+stomps.jpg]

hm....you don´t get it, sorry. Maybe I´m not precise enough...

I´d like to be able to rename a profile which I save from out of a performance. This is not possible right now!
    You have to take the long road I described aboveto achieve this.

Perhaps you will be able to do this with the Rig Manager that enables Performance naming, sorting moving, etc. that I saw at NAMM....idk for sure.

of course I can! But what I want to avoid having several profiles with the same name in the pool, then finding out which is which and then rename it, with Rig Manager or with the Kemper in BROWSER mode.

I've never tried, but what happens when you rename the slot and then save to Pool? Does the rig keep its original name?

Yes, it does!

See, I arranged my performances like this, for example:

Performance 1:
    1. slot named CLEAN
    profile used for the first slot is called "Fender Super clean"

Performance 2:
    1. slot named CLEAN
    profile used for the first slot is called "Fender Super clean", too - but I add some effects etc, so I´d like to rename it to "Fender Super + FX"

What I have to do now is:
    -press RIG -> Store To Pool
    -switch to BROWSER mode
    -look for the latest saved profile called "Fender Super clean"
    -rename it to "Fender Super + FX"
    -switch to PERFORM mode
    -reimport this profile to slot 1 of performance 2

I think all this should easily be done with just two steps: save and rename!

If I get this right, you can do it. Go to Arrange Slots, then Rename slots.
    Is this what you're requesting?

:)

No ;)
    I´m aware that I can rename the slots.
    What I´d like to do is renaming a profile when saving it to pool (->RIG button -> Store to Pool), to avoid several profiles with the same name.