Posts by Heater

Hey guys,

The mic was a Beyer M160 ribbon with the built-in KPA mic pre. Nothing fancy. Celestion Blue 1-12" cabinet, mic about 12" in front of the cone, slightly off-axis. Profiled loud. That's where the magic happens. It's a very nice amp with tons of different tone possibilities. It's basically an AC30 on steroids. Beautiful cleans with smoothly overdriven stuff all the way to full on saturation. Obviously not a metal rig, but for most anything else, it's amazing. I'll do more profiles of it. It's a winner.

Chris

Perhaps a bit obscure...

I've got a couple of instruments with the Buzz Feiten tuning system installed. When I use my Peterson strobe stomp tuner, the sweetened tunings are awesome. It would be really great to have that option with the KPA tuner. It would be even more awesome to have that function easily turned on and off via MIDI CC and/or a simple front panel single button push.

YMMV...

Heater

Hello,

I would like to have 2 way MIDI communications between the KPA and my Gordius Little Giant. In addition to the tuner functionality, it would be great to have the rig/profile names in the KPA propagate via MIDI to the LG.

On a related note, I'm a little disappointed that the MIDI IN connector on the KPA is not a 7 pin connector. If 2-way MIDI communication is desired and remote powering of a MIDI footswitch, this will not be possible without some additional parts.

On the whole, I'm very pleased and impressed with the KPA. I've pretty much owned everything over the years and the KPA is the best of the digital tech that I've played.

Heater

Hi All,

Here's a profile of my Kingsley Deluxe 30 setup crunchy. It's paired with an open back 1-12 cabinet loaded with a Celestion Blue. It's a gorgeous sounding amp and is like a great AC30 with more flexibility. I'll have more profiles of it to come.

One of the things that I really like about the KPA is it's ability to reproduce the bell-like top end and clear upper harmonics - especially with single coil guitars. No digital piece of gear that I've ever played can do it. The KPA does. Very nice indeed!

Have fun! :D

http://gearmonkey.weebly.com/u…kingsley_dl30_od_brt.kipr

Heater

Got mine from Full Compass today. Loaded 1.0.4 on it and played through the onboard profiles. So far, very very nice. I've had an Axe Ultra since '08 or so and this is quite a different beast.

I also build and service tube amps as a hobby. I do have a nice collection of amps that I'll be profiling and sharing. Anyone want profiles of a Komet 60 clone, a Marshall 18 watt clone, a JTM45 clone or a Dumble ODS clone? I've got some other cool stuff that I'll profile as well. Looking forward to it!

Heater