Posts by FredtheShred

Cache is just a way to decrease loading times by keeping static data stored, thus preventing the need to reload all the data.

For example, you'll notice that a web page loads faster the second time you visit it, and that's the browser's cache at work, storing static elements such as images, backgrounds used by the .css, etc.. If the data in the cache is corrupted, it is customary for the application to acknowledge the damaged information and attempt to fetch it again - it may be this process that's still not fully tuned in with our beloved space lunchboxes. ;)

The very same thing happened to me today - it's a matter of the cache getting corrupted when power is taken out abruptly. It's easily fixed via unplugging it from the power supply for a bit. :)

It does worry me at venues where the power supply is more on the hectic side, but since this is 1.0.4 still, time will tell if it actually is a permanent thing for me to worry about.

You can use a ton of different tones on the album, but remember that objectivity is the key here - whenever you start tracking a song, have the sounds you want in your head, and use the tones that gave you the right feel, without allowing for too many "maybe rig X, Y or Z would work here.

Feel free to record DI's in tandem and reamp them through the Kemper if needed be if you're unsure at a given point, of course. ;)

Well, I do tend to shove the good old plug in there on larger venues when in-ears aren't in use, so it might be alright - they will be tested and adjusted prior to going live (heck, I'm anal enough to fiddle with my own profiles as it is, hence the long time publishing them! Haha!). :)

I'm busy setting up Rig sets (max 10 rigs) for each of my guitars, I don't use the lock function.

All what you would need to do is just set the input sense (you can save it as a preset) to the appropriate value before to press store.

Don't know you, but I rarely use more then 5 different rigs in the same evening...

I actually do. In spite of my solo stuff (takes some 4 or 5 rigs tops for live use, so a maximum total of 10 for 2 different guitar configs), I do a lot of session work, and depending on the gig, I may need as much as 20 of them (it's something that boils down to how close to each recorded song the artist is meant to get, etc.) - not my personal approach, I confess, but one that does come with certain hired gun jobs.

Simply put, it's just another way to provide control for the user's different circumstances, and I don't believe it would imply a very dramatic effort from the development team in the end. :)

Hey, Andy! I've used mine in rehearsal and it's hitting the stage next week, hopefully - I haven't had any strange "freezing" or noise related bugs at all outside of well documented immediate post-profiling things (which are hardly its activities in the middle of a gig). As it is, in simple preset mapping with the odd CC mapping here and there, no niggles whatsoever so far.

On a completely unrelated note, the Metal Machines library you did for EZ Drummer is my new best friend when writing music, so thanks for that, definitely! :)

I agree here - with the metal stuff I play, having the option to control more parameters on the gate, as well as having it set on a "per patch" basis as an additional effect if needs be, is quite important.

The internet will always be filled with a lot of trash, misinformation, and the inevitable trolling. When it comes to profiles, some will work well for people, others won't. Like amps.

Whatever an uninformed person who hasn't even tried tweaking the profile himself (because he doesn't even own a KPA, for instance) says is akin to the naysayers when the Axe FX came out, or even before that, all the people whining about how amp X was all hype and no tone, etc., etc.. As someone who does have access to a lot of amps but limited time, I found some of the profiles an absolute godsend and a monster time saver!