Posts by t3oi

I live in the states and it wanted to add $113 for customs. I'll wait until it becomes available in the US. It's not worth the $600 and then charge an additional $113. No way.

make sure you order through the US store and not the International store.
    gs

I think I ordered through the US store - my Net checkout pricing on my receipt is only $599 USD.

Then by all means, enjoy your old gear, but don't slag a product you haven't used, much less even seen, just because you don't think it will work for you.

Shared this on another forum for someone asking about smaller rig change options. Thought I'd share here in case anyone is interested. The biggest advantage I've found is with the ability to scroll through all of the rigs while still playing.

I've used the FS-6 in place of a MIDI controller a couple of times. I have mine setup in Rig Up/Rig Down mode. My thoughts:

Pro:
    With Rig Up/Rig Down, I use the FS-6 to go through all of the Profiles on the KPA in Browser Mode. I'm happy with this at home because it gives me a way to audition Profiles without using Rig Manager or having to scroll with the Browse knob or other buttons. In this setup, the way you have Profiles sorted is the way you scroll through them...i.e. by Name, by Amp Type, by Gain, etc.

A cool way to use this I've found is in combo with a MIDI pedal, which may work well with a MIDI Mouse. (Amp names as examples)

Assuming you are in Browser mode, sort the Profiles by Amp type. Set MIDI PrgChg #1 as say a Clean Swart Profile. Hit MIDI "patch" #1. Now use the FS-6 to scroll through all of the Swart Profiles.

Set MIDI PrgChg #2 for a Marshall Plexi Profile. Hit MIDI "patch" #2. Now scroll through all of the Marshall Profiles on the FS-6.

Maybe not as practical live, but I've found the FS-6 worth it just for the quick change way of running through all of the rigs without having to stop playing to do so.

Con:

With a more full featured MIDI controller, you have a lot more flexibility. I'm using the Rocktron MIDI Mate for now in the Controller Mode. Bottom five buttons (0-4) are my rig change buttons. Buttons 5-7 are effects slots off and on, Button 8 is Tuner, Button 9 is Tempo, setup to track my playing rather than tap for Tempo.

No way to do this with the FS-6 by itself. For instance, with just the FS-6, you cannot have both the option to turn Delay off/on AND switch to a different Rig. You would have to duplicate the Rig, one with Delay and one without and switch between them.

I've bought only 1 complete Profile Pack and found that I only used 1 or 2 Profiles out of it regularly. I've also bought a number of single amp profiles of amps I'm interested in. For most of the Profiles, I know almost right away if the amp is going to work for me or if there is something there I can use.

Maybe there could be a single Profile of each amp in a Pack (ones that you feel captures the essence of that amp) available for download either for free or at minimal cost. That would allow someone to audition each amp in the pack and determine if some or all of those in the pack will work for them. An alternative or extra solution would be to offer a half-pack or smaller subset of the full pack at a lower cost.

Anyway, my thoughts.

*Edit to add* The Swart Profiles are great!

Sorry to hear about this, Andy. Guess I missed the survey altogether, but your profiles, both free and paid, are great. The Goldfinger profiles are easily worth twice what you're charging for them!

Very good! Sounds fairly close to the recorded tone. I agree on the Humbucker sound...I get a more early VH vibe from my 3 P90 setup on the Bridge pickup than I do a Humbucker equipped guitar.

Just curious if anyone has "sold" or inspired a Kemper purchase to anyone through demo or word of mouth? I know I've influenced two purchases directly by demoing the Kemper, one was at a music store I frequent and the guys flipped out after playing it. Anyone else spreading the KPA news? 8)

Nice. So if you've used an HD500 with DT50 - don't comment if the KPA is "best" in comparable tones. If you've used an 11r in a studio setup, don't comment if the KPA is "best" in comparable tones. That seems useful information, no?