Posts by j450n

Just to play devil's advocate, yes the Kemper D/A & A/D converters are pretty good, but that's only half the story. The other gear you're connecting to needs to have good converters, pre-amps, cables etc also. It's 2022 not the 90s though, so you should be good.

Hey shred-o-holic,

I've only used them for about an hour since installation, too busy with other commitments. Compared to the old existing Duncan Blackouts they're a lot cleaner and tighter, much more dynamic, high notes really come through. Quite ballsy also. I'm happy to be using passive pups again!!

Hopefully within the next few weeks I will get a chance to record with them and chuck a few snippets on soundcloud.

Had fun with the TSE AUDIO X40, pretty good :)

The Rig exchange currently allows illegal characters (\/:*?"<>|) to be used in profile names which can cause problems for people during downloading. Internet Explorer will simply replace an illegal character with an underscore (_) , which is a good thing, but other internet browsers can behave very differently and will likely cause headaches for some people.

If the Rig exchange automatically replaces an illegal character with an underscore in the same way that Internet Explorer does during downloading then this issue can be permanently avoided for all methods of downloading.

2 examples
    [Blocked Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/34pkl0x.jpg
    [Blocked Image: http://i44.tinypic.com/xayvzn.jpg]

Cheers

Edit: Renamed "Profile exchange" to "Rig exchange"

Hi,

thanks for chiming in :)
    How did you do t?

I'm referring to what you can set @ My Profile -> Settings -> Personal Data -> Location.
    It doesn't seem to work and, OTOH, I see (almost) no members have got the location show :/

Howdy, I 'm not sure if it can be done from the profile, so I just added my location to the avatar using a photo editing program like gimp.

Like this
    [Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/3588gop.jpg]
    Cheers

Pretty cool, I have many devices that work in this way - Modem, Router, TV Box, NAS server box, IP security cameras (live Pan Tilt Zoom controller over the network) etc... and I agree it works very well.

I read somewhere that the network port might be used for the KPA foot controller though? I have owned devices never intended to run an embedded server (original WDTV box) with no built in network adapter that were hacked to run in this way by using a 'USB to WiFi' or 'USB to Ethernet' adapter. So if the existing network port isn't an option the USB port might be.

Thinking about Per's Profile Looper Tool idea this morning, and still love it!

An option to "store refining guitar" to USB flash would be great for future profile sessions. Then when it's time to profile your next amp you don't even need to take a guitar with you.

You can just choose from a list of "refining guitar tracks" to suit the amp you're profiling. The same refining guitar tracks can be used not only for refining but during mic positioning and changing the original reference amp settings. (before the amp is profiled). If one refining guitar track doesn't get you close to the reference amp perhaps choosing another from the list and re-refining will?

If people can share these "signature" guitar tracks in much the same way that profiles and Tills Cabs are shared, that would be cool also. For people who work in sound and don't play guitar or people who plan on having a large profiling session live outside their studio or comfort zone this would be a great option to make the profiling session that bit easier.
    Just my thoughts on what is already a great idea.

Yeah, my little tribute harmonic note to Machine Head :D

Haha yeah, funny how whenever you hear a harmonic like that in a riff since 94/95 (burn my eyes) you think machine head :)
    Nice work btw ;)