Posts by tfridgen

And would not it be simply because there is more KPA users now and that makes it more balanced? Lately there is actually more threads about the KPA than the Axe FX II so maybe that's what changed your perception. Don't forget it is the regular users that drive the content on the forums and those are the ones that may be biased or not.

Imagine how many more there would be if a tonne of them weren't nuked :P

Have to Disagree Wil, as TGP has long been known as the most fractal BIASED forum of any out there, apart from FAS itself. I personally like Rig-talk better when it comes to gear discussions like this. AS I said, it was really amazing and interesting to see the different posts when I posted my A/B tests on a few sites, no other site resulted in the craziness that ensued on TGP, from that one clip I was labeled a Zealot because I posted something about kemper, pretty nuts. All of the other sites I posted on had intelligent conversations about the clips and gear for the most part, on TGP it turned into my test sucked etc. ha. BUT as I also said, TGP has gotten MUCH MUCH better and kemper topics are really starting to be equal to others and getting more fair discussion. But TGP has long been known for its bias, there are many threads started all over the net talking about it. IT really was an extension of the FAS forum. I mean the co-owner is really really involved with Cliff and Fractal, has long been one of the most vocal about the Axe, of course he will be biased and thats ok we all are to some extent, just some positions create conflict of interest. but things have changed and I am glad. Kemper is being more accepted and discussions are more level headed. Yes there has been uneeded punches from both sides, but honestly I think most of the kemper people stabs have been a result of FAS smear fest retaliation as well as giving some forumites a taste of their own medecine (not saying it is productive). I mean cliff has said and posted some crappy stuff all over the net and on TGP. his intensions are clear, his BS is thick and some people follow suit to defend what they are using cause they want it to be the best and no other can compare.

This^^^
    Audioholic, you have been/are the most level headed and helpful dude around there. This is in spite of the baseless attacks you have received when posting clips. Always love reading your opinion!

Recommend me a better one, I'd be happy to join and participate.

I guess my point is who cares if a post gets locked and deleted? What good becomes of it? It defuses a fire which shouldn't have started in the first place and is a standard practice at a great many forums and a right of the owner of the forum to do whatever they please. Get over it already.

Still not reading/understanding my posts. No need for further discussion.

Sigh, let me start by saying I absolutely love the Kemper...

There have been quite a few new Kemper users over at TGP behaving in the exact manner which is being lambasted here. Its disappointing to say the least. Let haters hate. When/if someone poo-poos your toy and you get upset about it, post a clip to shut them up. I will gladly stand up and defend Scott and the TGP Digital Modeling Forum anytime as in general its the most level, unbiased, on topic, and active forum dedicated to digital gear that I've found on the net. If not for that sight, I doubt I would even know what the Kemper was at this point and probably would not have bought one. Sure there are a few bad apples, but all the crying about forum bias at TGP is just stupid. There are something like 7 threads on the first page of the TGP digital forum right now with Kemper in the title, all of them positive save a few posts in one thread. If all you want is all Kemper, all the time, all hugs and kisses this forum should suffice. If your interested at all in all the different digital gear on the market, head to the TGP digital forum. If you don't like specific users, add them to your ignore list and you'll never have to read a single post from them. But otherwise, as Scott would say, put on your big boy pants as folks will voice their opposing opinions and are passionate about the gear they own. That's life...

Does anyone actually read other people's posts around here?

Summary of my posts to those who care:

Who cares if someone has an opposing view on a product? Certainly not me. The problem comes from when there is a discussion about a certain product, someeone says something about another product and in fly the moderators to lock down/delete the thread. Why not let the discussion continue? What good is deleting posts but to hide things that may implicate/show bias?
    Now, about the most level, unbiased, on-topic and active forum dedicated to digital gear, I'm afraid I can only agree with the latter. Also, this forum is anything but all hugs and kisses, issues are brought up and dealt with by the ownership without fear of reprisal. This is how a fair and unbiased forum works!

I don't think so. Everyone is responisble for themselves gear is no religion. I have bought a KPA and have some posts in this forum, so I have to agree with everything CK says ?(
    Some people here are pushing this rivalry. And this is exacty the same thing Cliff does by posting such conspiracy theories. You can be better like that.
    If you don't like the people and their attitude at the fractal forum or TGP why are you supporting these sites by visting and posting?
    Do you need approval from Axe FX users?
    Have more self confidence and enjoy your KPA :D

No, think you misunderstood. I'm saying that the leaders of the forums set the tone. Christoph doesn't act the way the leaders of the Fractal forum and TGP act so we are left to comment/discuss in any way we see fit! It's wonderful!
    I don't frequent these sites. I was registered at FAS when I had an Axe, never go there now. I was on TGP to discuss the KPA. Everytime I tried to, however, in runs the Fractal Army telling me that my opinions are only my opinions.... and more than likely wrong 8|
    Also, not pushing any rivalry, I've owned an Axe and never have said anything bad about it. I will comment when BS is spewed forth because I am free to do so! I take issue to over moderation and blatant lying in the guise of being the Fact and Truth Brigade.

In my opinion the culture of a group starts at the top. In the case of Fractal, everyone follows their leaders steps and we see what happens. In the case of TGP, the bullshit that goes on where noone can say anything remotely negative about the AxeFx in a Kemper thread without it turning into a shit show shows that the culture has been allowed to ferment and grow by the owners of the site. This isn't so bad but you when you have the Fractal Police headed by you, Scott, poking their heads in to make sure everyone knows about the aliasing in the KPA and letting everyone know that their thoughts on the KPA are only opinion on every single KPA thread, it gets a little tired.
    So believe Scott if you want, alot of us have seen what goes on and know better! I think it's great that we can talk openly about it without worry of being called trolls our getting our posts/threads deleted.

It's not what is said about you that people are judging you on, it's your own actions on TGP, HRI, the Fractal forum, Rig-Talk and now(unbelievably) here as well that people take offense to. I've been reading posts by you condescendingly telling people to put on their big boy pants and not to take forums so seriously. I suggest you heed your own advice. The ironic nature of 75% of the posts by your internet persona is why people even have an opinion of you.

So I have a w/d/w setup. I have the middle Monitor out set to just give me pre effects and I have monitor cab off. I have the mains set to stereo out but I can't seem to find the setting that allows me to turn the cabs off for the mains. I want to have the Mains post effect but cab off instead of having to creat new rigs. Possible?

MBA, this is the SECOND time in like 2 freakin days you've managed to get people riled up at you, how do you pull off a feat on such a small board? Calm the fuck down or get lost.

Wait a second, there may be something to it. I loaded the Caveman, turned off the cabs and it sounds exactly like the DI profile of my Roadster :D
    Seriously though, mba, man, take a step back and read through what you're saying, you may regret some of these comments sooner than later....

The problem is getting the new US purchased KPA across the Canadian Border and thru the Canadian Customs Agents.

Without a CSA sticker - its not likely they will allow the KPA into their country.

Have you read the rest of this thread? There are at least 3 of us in Canada who have ordered from kingguitar.com who have had our Kempers for months now. What are people waiting for?

Glad all are enjoying their Kempers, but this no update stuff is getting a little old, no reccomendations that i order from the states, i refuse to pay more money, and i don't need or want a Kemper right now anyway, but some updates on whats going on would be great

I actually paid considerably less all in :)