Posts by BuckeyeBrown

I put a rig up over the weekend "loosely" based on Gilmour's On An Island tone. Its dialed into my strat and is specifically for a lead tone. While working on the tweaks on this one I was trying to get a rig that could get very easy feedback right through my studio monitors - and without pushing them very hard and it does this unusually well for me. Be forewarned that with the reverb and delay that I have on this, at first try this may seem a bit wet, however if you give it a fair shake you may find the way that feedback, delay and reverb seem to dance together interesting, if nothing else. YMMV of course but I seem to get lost improvising with it for a long time and thought it worth sharing.

I don't have a FRFR rig to try it through so I don't know how well this one will translate because I know that with my strat the output LED flirts with going red but it doesn't ever clip. Obviously if your guitar does actually clip then I would recommend single coils and lowering the cab volume setting until you achieve what I've described.

Peace!

If you aren't using the rig manager software... Do! Turn on auto-preview and just arrow up and down. Its so convenient. The other suggestion is twist on the knobs and experiment. Try to take a bad profile and make it useful or interesting.

I'm cool with everything and I'm looking forward to trying the free ones for sure.

As for as price goes, we all interpret value differently. I'm not sure that I'll spring for this but for me this is a hobby. However, I've spent much more on guitar pedals that essentially only give me a couple different tones than this rig pack. The value of being able to get so many tones by buying a profiler, whether it be free or pay is off of the charts compared to the GAS I used to get from the Gear Page.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have an RME Babyface that I bought used that I used with a similar SPDIF toslink adapter and regardless if I use this or just run analog cables into the RME I get these light hiss noises coming in and out that come in and out sometimes as notes decay. I can see the Babyface's LEDs dance with the hiss but don't detect anything on the Profiler's LEDs. It happens with the noisegate off on the KPA so I don't think the issue is on the Kemper end and I don't hear it on phones on the KPA so I think it is an RME issue. Thanks to this threaf, my next move is to order a toslink mini adapter, remove the RME from the equation and test. If clean, the RME probably needs to be looked at.

I'm sure it depends on pickups and clean sense setting but with my 335 copy if I set the profiler at about 2.7 on the gain and then back the volume down to about -7.5 (so that it doesn't clip) it makes for a real nice warm break up. Just as you noted!

Since this is a little hot with the front 4 EQ's not on (default) I can see needing to drop the volume a bit if you have hotter buckers. Will have to try with my other guitars once I put the 335 down!

I just started a thread on this killer rig at the same time you posted this. Sorry about that but spent a couple minutes with it and had to give it props! I haven't even fooled with the EQ settings yet and love it!

So I just offered my 335 copy (Ibanez AS120) up for trade bait along with a few other things since I haven't been playing it much lately... not sure why the hell not!

I just happened to check out the newest entries on the Rig Exchange this morning and had that guitar in hand and low and behold... a rig called BB King's Lucille. I thought, perfect let's give it a try. Damn that rig was a perfect match for that guitar! Very sweet. It just nails the way that BB's tone just beams through when he puts anything into his attack.

Might have to pull this guitar out of my offer now! LOL

If you have a 335, or similar, you've gotta give this one a try.

Thank you WarabA!!! :thumbup:

I'm curious about how the Mission ones compare and need to check them out. Do they all have the ability to toe click between volume and wah direct to profiler?

Got on the Srtymon train years ago now. I started out buying a few that all ended up being sold off for the big brother trio. And the trio is amazing. With the profiler and some fuzz pedals I can get to just about anything. The Stryons are very inspirational. I have a clip in the clips forum of a Bassman profile on the exchange that features the Timeline and Big Sky and from my SoundCloud page you can spot some more Strymon heavy clips.

Just added a thread in the link to your sounds forum where I was using Lernould's TL BassmanOVERDR profile. As I explain in the thread, it isn't just the profile alone so it might not be that helpful to anyone but I was digging the tone I was getting into my Strymon pedals in the effects loop so I hit record... I part of my sound is a rolled back to clean fuzz face stack which gives me a pushed sparkly clean tone.

Link to thread..

I started a thread a few weeks back about Lernould's recent Bassman profiles and decided to hit record when I found myself feeling a little grooving. I'm sorry its not the pure profile but what can I say - I still have some pedals that I love and I tend to zone out with those Strymon reverbs and delays. Here's the signal chain -

MJT Strat w/ Klein Jazzy Cat p.u.'s - volume rolled down a little
    Captain Coconut -> Cornell First Fuzz NOS
    Kemper Profiler
    Strymon Timeline -> Strymon Big Sky

Rhythm track into Boomerang looper - recorded improvised lead while recording - no DAW effects.

https://soundcloud.com/patrickbrown-3/sample-6-3-14

I'm not hearing anything very special but that tone is doubled with panning left and right for each recording. You can hear it in the beginning of the solo and then it becomes mostly, actually all one side and then the other comes back in. I'm not hearing treble rolled back at all. It sounds like there is some amp breakup or a slight hint of a treble booster or fuzz rolled back to slight break up. If a treble booster or fuzz pedal is involved , which it may not be, the guitar tone certainly isn't masked at all but there is a little edge. The solo is a bunch of single note little arpegiations on the high strings so if he were playing power chords I think that little bit of fuzzy breakup would be more apparent once the lower strings are involved. Just my 2 cents.