Posts by audioholic

When profiling, you can specify IF it is a clean or distorted profile, select which one you want. If there is any amount of overdrive, I would select distorted.

Would be safe to operate at safer levels For sure, but I don't think I have heard of a blown up amp yet.... still probably best to use caution profiling at extreme levels that may damage your amp speaker.. The more power amp distortion you get anyway, I believe will not be as benificial in the profiling process..

Why that? How could there be some fuzz inside when I connect several outputs at the same time?

I noticed once or twice that when I had taken the main outs, as well as a direct out (or monitor out, not sure) I was hearing some fuzz that was not there and as soon as I unplugged the direct out, it went out. I could of been overdriving my preamp at the time and didn't notice it, or for some reason it could have messed with something level wise internally. I mentioned that a long time ago to kemper and haven't had the issues after future updates. could of been user error but I am not sure. that is just why I mentioned it had you been taking multiple outs at the same time. just to eliminate any and all culprits..

Strange, def sounds like something is being ever so slightly over driven. Make sure that no cable is plugged also from the direct out, just main outs if there is something else plugged in the back. if all internal lights are green, then something is amiss, specially if your recording levels are fine. The only time I overdrove clean profiles was with a super hot guitar and had to lower the clean sense all the way. Also, some clean profiles really weren't meant to have added gain, that alone can cause some fuzz.

I dial in my sounds with my nearfeilds. Sometimes what sounds good while I am playing, won't be the right sound for the song and mix after listening back, I have spent time auditioning different profiles and have a good handful that I know will work for my style and preference for certain stuff, though I am finding stuff that works all the time with new profiles. I often don't dial in TOO bright as I take in post processing and eq on master. and usually don't have to mess with core guitar tone too much when I find something that just fits.

all guitars will sound slightly different, so its a matter of choosing what works for your guitar, what works for the song in context. I personally have a hard time referencing with headphones.

soundcloud def has its own compression going on. I have uploaded a non compressed file, as well as an mp3, and what it did to the full Res File was pretty bad. It actually effected the small file less. I pretty much always encode at 320 or whatever the highest MP3 setting is in my DAW. It is near CD when being played back by something not adding its own compression and file reduction. The lower the bit rate, the more brittle the top end will be and the thinner the low end in my experience. Cymbals start to sound washed out and not pleasant. If you can, always encode the highest unless something specifically asks for a lower file.