Posts by audioholic

[/quote]
    "
    ]Rig Talk = generic forum covering all gear vs the active focused discussion of digital gear on TGP Digital forum. You posted the same Kemper clip thread at both sites: at TGP 14 replies and 360 views with no negative responses (including praise from a known AxeFX owner). At Rig Talk, 4 replies (2 of them by you) and 106 views. Honestly folks, suggest me a better forum. I'm a member at many and I've not found a better forum dedicated to digital gear. I'd love to be proven wrong...[/quote]"

I have gotten more replies now on RT then before (my clips usually don't get that much response for some reason), and its not a matter of getting more replies, about music clips, I was talking about A/B clips of amp VS kemper I posted in the early release of Kemper. I think I was one of the earlier guys to scoop up a kemper and as I do all new gear, I usually post a demo showing it off to give examples of what so and so sounds like. RT discussion was very much balanced and informative, TGP went off into attack and crazy land FAST. I also received Private messages calling me things from fractal users. yup. Scott himself bitched me out in PM's about my discussion of unfairness on RT and I shared that on RT in my thread about TGP. ha. sowry but just letting peeps know of some of the crazy that happens. I know Scott said he gets bad PM"s as well, but he certainly isn't above all that either. DIgital boxes seem to bring out the ugliness. I was a fractal owner, I honestly use what I think is the best for me as I have to in order to compete, as others do. But I also do like when companies are ethical and responsive. Fractal is responsive but I won't be a fractalite ever again because of Cliff.

TGP is awesome cause its one of, if not the biggest guitar related discussion board out there. It is getting much better in nuetrality, but as many have said already, that was not always the case. I mean if so many people chime in and witness some of the craziness not only here, but on HRI, Rig-Talk, Gearslutz etc, one has to at least consider that some of what is said is true. I like gearslutz for a more well rounded gear and studio discussion board. Rig-Talk for guitar related stuff as well, though not as visited. But good info specially in regards to certain amps and guitars.. I like the vibe on RT as well personally. I like TGP for its bikini threads, ha. and I have now really grown to like the digital modelling discussion page as well, its actually enjoyable now rather then cringe worthy. That is a good thing and headed in the right direction!!

On RT, you could say, I think Kemper is better then fractal, and Vice Versa without having a 10 page duke out fest. Say something like that on TGP, and it goes nuts. on TGP, lots of fractal users used to say things negative about the kemper and how fractal is better without even having both. its all good, just when someones opinion turns into 10 pages of warfare, something is a miss. ;)

I

Funniest joke in this whole thread. :thumbup:

Have to Disagree Wil, as TGP has long been known as the most fractal BIASED forum of any out there, apart from FAS itself. I personally like Rig-talk better when it comes to gear discussions like this. AS I said, it was really amazing and interesting to see the different posts when I posted my A/B tests on a few sites, no other site resulted in the craziness that ensued on TGP, from that one clip I was labeled a Zealot because I posted something about kemper, pretty nuts. All of the other sites I posted on had intelligent conversations about the clips and gear for the most part, on TGP it turned into my test sucked etc. ha. BUT as I also said, TGP has gotten MUCH MUCH better and kemper topics are really starting to be equal to others and getting more fair discussion. But TGP has long been known for its bias, there are many threads started all over the net talking about it. IT really was an extension of the FAS forum. I mean the co-owner is really really involved with Cliff and Fractal, has long been one of the most vocal about the Axe, of course he will be biased and thats ok we all are to some extent, just some positions create conflict of interest. but things have changed and I am glad. Kemper is being more accepted and discussions are more level headed. Yes there has been uneeded punches from both sides, but honestly I think most of the kemper people stabs have been a result of FAS smear fest retaliation as well as giving some forumites a taste of their own medecine (not saying it is productive). I mean cliff has said and posted some crappy stuff all over the net and on TGP. his intensions are clear, his BS is thick and some people follow suit to defend what they are using cause they want it to be the best and no other can compare.

Guitarist must be a strange bunch. I have been on music forums for quite some time with various tools. From hardware / software synths to orchestral vi's. never have I seen such animosity built up by its users against a different product then since being on tgp / fractal at the time. Just those two mainly in regards to digital direct solutions. As someone else posted , when I first got the Kemper. As I do with most new toys I do a demo. Posted on a few sites ad what happened on tgp was pretty Cray Cray to me. I get on some level that fractal has been long considered the top dog and its owners have taken pride in that elite status. Now that new players are on the scene ad as other technology improves that elite lone status has been threatened and more then a few vocal posters have been loud mouthpieces against anything other yet denying the lunacy that pretty much everyone else sees who is not brainwashed so to speak in the cult community. Ha. I used to never post on tgp but after the shit storm lunacy that I witnessed I stayed on as I felt that the Kemper product needed some advocates in what was a super hostile environment for It at first. There have been several threads about this type of stuff on other less biased forums

As far as tgp, it's gettin better. Kemper is being more accepted an there is less knee jerk reaction about it. Fractal has worked hard to make their product better as a result so they should be thanking ck for the push. Honestly I thought fractal didn't sound as good by far when Kemper arrived but they def made strides. At times There are more Kemper threads now then others. It's great to see actually as tgp IS becoming less of just an extension of fractals forum.

As far as Scott, we have had our beef about this very same thing as I started a topic once calling out unfair bias as I saw it. Scott IMO has gotten much much better about being more impartial and keeping the peace. Of course he is a very prominent axe poster and endorser but thi gs have gotten much better and he's aight in my book now ;). Though it was strange he stalked the Kemper forums when it came out. Ha.

Cliff on the other has IMO been a child. I have pretty much made up my mind that I will never support his company by a purchase again seeing how he has handled things. Such a shame really. But I will go digitech before fractal again just purely out of principle. :).

Just my 2 cents. I am so glad there was a wait for fractal otherwise I wouldn't of been a happy Kemper owner Wahoo

I think you may have not the best cable or signal or your pickups might be extra noise.. Sounds like the noise you get from too much distortion with improper shielded cables. With gain and distortion you WILL have noise, its just the nature of extreme gain,

you know that also often with distortion, it can be not as pleasing as we think. I remember running drive pedals into a JC-120 and there was this fuzz overtone all the time, and it bothered me, but it was that the amp was not filtering the sound as much and you were hearing in fact the distortion more on the top . This also can be picked up by the mics that are too much in the center cone and picking up most of the top end rather then body.. This also happens when you add to much presence to a super saturated sound. the examples that showed it the most were more open sounding profiles, which I like. reality is that sometimes distortion DOES have that top end fizzy overtone. you can lower your presence to try and filter it out more perhaps, and maybe look into different cabling..

will as a long time modeller user, I think perhaps your ears are really accustomed to that digital modeling sound. It happens. This is why probably some of the real amps just don't sound as good to you, as you are used to hearing something, especially from certain pieces of gear. Not a bad thing, but in general every modeller profile I have tried I have ditched, including all of the best of Axe FX, as I just didn't think they were as good as others I have liked of real amps.

might have to let you ear adjust, do lots of recording, A/B comparisons, get opinions etc. In the end you will like what you like, but certainly have seen lots of people who use modellers for years snub real guitar tones as they just got used to hearing a certain something.

Conversion for analog outs is very good. Since Kemper runs at 44.2 and I mostly work at 48 I use ths main outs and run into a nice preamp. Sounds great to me. Just If your sound card or other device has crappy converters, with the digital out from Kemper you won't have further degradation