Posts by audioholic

There will be die hard fans who throw logic out the window for various products. But I have yet to see such a following like that then the fractal nuts. However it is a culture that resembles the mind of it's creator at times. But yeah man. Sometimes in axe heavy territor, thinking one other site in particular, it's like stepping into the twilight zone at times. Ha. Def nice when discussions are kept as that. Discussions.

Not really hearing anything weak in the EVh or out of phase really. The powerball was more scooped which will make them not sit as up front. I don't experience what you are experiencing and in fact for me the kemper recordings have sat the best in a mix bar non (digital direct). of course the more you track, the more phasing you may run into, specially if there is timing differences with the same sound.

Palm muting and all have worked great for me..

As mentioned at 22k, 11 k would be the highest frequency one should expect without running into less then ideal representation. Guitar really doesn't need a ton of high frequency info as speaker cabs often don't go that high anyway. It's possible that the guitar processing is running at lower sampling rates but the digital out is running at 44.1 I believe so 22k can't be the entire signal rate

To the op, when using frfr did you enable the cabs again? def want the cabs on. Are you distorting the input or output of the Kemper? Are you distorting the input of your jbls? Should not be fizzy or how u describe. Most likely there is distortion apart from what's meant somewhere.

What output are you sending from Kemper to the jbls? Sounds like the cabs are being bypassed to me if not signal overload

yeah, i own both so i dont really pledge allegiance either way. but, Cliff has shown himself to be quite a pompous ass more than once and i dont put any weight on what he or anyone else says. i just trust what i hear. i was just curious for an official response to that question.

cool yeah hope you get the response. Sucks that Cliff has to act how he does. I once had a Fractal and sold it off. While they do have a great product, I can pretty much say I will never go back to Fractal because of how Cliff has conducted himself and how crazy die hard some of the users are and just brutal, just such a turn off to want to support that. Cliff is a smart guy, but I believe he was lying when he went on the gear page saying how his kemper only boots up 10 percent of the time, and all the troubles he was having trying to paint it as a piece of junk. Just very unrprofessional and anyone with half a brain can see what games he is playing ya know. Ok off my soapbox.

Cliff from Fractal claims that the KPA downsamples to 22,050hz due to lack of processing power. Is this true? And if so, why would this be done since it would obviously make for lower quality?

post #8
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/…o-amps-less-quality.html#

can't say if its true or not, but Cliff is threatned by the KPA and is doing everything he can to make it not look good, so I care less what Cliff from Fractal says, Probably Fact is the kemper keeps him up at night I am sure. I will take my kemper, aliasing, and maybe downsampled any day ;0)

A Soundcloud player link is all it needs, then users can post a quick example along with any profile and it wouldn't take up any space on the Kemper servers.

This...

when I make profiles, I typically have made recordings and threads to show what it sounds like with my gear, while not all uploads and users would have that ability, I think it would be probably 50/50 which is still pretty cool. I don't download as much as I have plenty great sounds, but if I see high user stars I will try em ;)

Yup rediclous statement. What cliff is trying to do is downplay and make the Kemper seem inferior and the axe superior. I just wish he would stop talking on that site. Its a shame when the guy behind the product makes me not want to buy an otherwise good product because of their antics

knowing how Cliff is and reacts and handles things, its no wonder that attitude trickles down with thickness to the FAS cult. honestly, I probably will never support that company again with a purchase, stuff like how cliff is acting irks me. I mean it just causes friction and that is what he wanted to do, trying to make his the superior product..

I was once a fractal owner, before it was cool, and have seen cliff go in tangents and be ultra competative, and borderline nutty. He is ultra competative, and you wonder why some of the fractal cult exists, it trickles down. like I said, I have seen cliff be very very defensive, and its obvious he is on a kemper bashing rant as of late, visit TGP, and FAS and for some reason he is zeroing in to spread fear and cast doubt about Kemper. A really really low and crappy move if you ask me, and what little respect I had for him as a business owner has gone away completely. He is a genious, but I don't think he has good ethics sometimes. really kinda sad, and yet at the same time, you can probably surmise that Kemper is taking a hit out of FAS sales, in order for cliff to be a bully in this regards..

I think the test would have to be done by someone unbiased, and cliff has said his unit is faulty and only boots up 10 percent of the time. ha.

Not saying kemper can't improve on things, but even as it stands, I still have preffered most of the kemper clips to Axe FX clips, aliasing an all :)