Posts by HappyKemper

That flower pattern on the body is very nice.
    Is it correct that there is a blue Jem version with that flower design?
    I don't know much about Jems but I think I've seen that some time ago.

A plus with Plek is that the guitar neck and fret data is saved in a convenient way for future events.
    This is great for expensive or rare guitars when the owner needs a refret or repair but want it to play identical like before.
    It is easy to look at the data and program the Plek machine.
    A luthier can do this also but I think it's more convenient with a Plek machine, and any Plek machine around the world can do the same job with the data. Every Luthier is unique.

If you have the money then go for it. A plek machine is like an expert luthier making the frets perfect. You will love it.
    There are several cool youtube videos showing the process. I know one luthier checked his own results in a Plek machine and they were both in the same ballpark according to the Plek machine data.
    I have many guitars and most needed fret jobs due to many years of playing wearing them down and I just couldn't afford fixing the frets on all my guitars so I started learning how to do it myself. Now I have learned the whole process, from creating a new nut to putting new stainless steel frets in and level them to a point where I'm perfectly happy with great playabillity. Is the result 100% like Plek or expert luthier, no, but still very good and they play better than many stock guitars from big brands.

quote:
    "As for Cliff's opinion about how Kemper works, I just googled the name and see that he's the creator of AxeFX. So I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that his guess is better than yours or mine, because he's smarter than you or I and knows more about simulating guitar amp than most people on Earth. "

I noticed you also read the thread "What do you guys think of this from Cliff of Axe Fx?".
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…his-from-Cliff-of-Axe-Fx/?
    There you see he frequently makes up lies to slam down on competing products, using silly FUD tactics trying to get users to doubt other gear. His claims were proven wrong and showed he wasn't so good at calculating. As consumers we can never be gullible and trust a salesman who completely ignores business ethics and frequently makes up stuff and lies about other gear so he can get advantage.

Grinch, here is a long interview with C.Kemper talking about profiling that might be helpful.
    http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949
    The Kemper patent info
    http://worldwide.espacenet.com…?CC=GB&NR=347206&KC=&FT=E
    It doesn't matter what guitar or pickups is used for refining, and sometimes results can be spot on without any refining.
    As far as I know Kemper have never fully explained how profiling works, in order to protect their technology.
    Where did you hear about any internal amp models? The first time I saw that mentioned was by Cliff Chase on his fractal forum (then others started that on TGP), saying the kemper has 9-11 or so amp models. He has a long post history of making up his own kemper "facts", lying about kemper and is proven wrong many times. He's always slinging mud at all competition gear so it's a bit funny and sad at the same time.

What a beautiful guitar!
    :)

One interesting aspect Will mentions in videos, that some other forget mentioning when testing on YT, is that each piece of wood is unique when measured even from the same wood species. Ten alder body guitars will all be a bit different (at least when measured) and no piece is identical even if cut from the same tree, and if one piece is split in two then we have two different wood pieces with different properties. That goes for both the wood body and neck. Nobody can listen to an electric guitar (plugged in) and say what wood it's body and neck are made of.

It would be very interesting to see an experiment showing differences with ten guitars with same specs and parts, with body and neck all made of the same composite non-wood material that would provide constant density and properties without any of all the variations that wood always have. Even then other factors like the pickups will cause variations since they will have some different magnetic properties and variations even from the same brand model.

Some more interesting videos from Wills channel.

what does change your guitar's tone? (WillsEasyGuitar)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The FINAL word on tonewood: basswood vs maple (WillsEasyGuitar)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

debunking sound engineer's "how to test guitar tonewood" video (WillsEasyGuitar)

Maybe they want anything profile profilt money related to be located in the commercial profile section?
    Did you indicate that you first had planned to make them for sale, then decided to release for free?
    Some might see this frequently bumped thread as marketing for a potential profile pack and people are suggested to donate for the work put in if they want to.
    Maybe it's best to have this thread in the free profile section without donation link, or in the commercial section with donation link?

Neil Young and his digital music player partners ought to watch it, too [facepalm]

24/192 Music Downloads ...and why they make no sense
    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

If something is beyond human physical perception and we can't hear it in blindtests, then it simply doesn't matter, except for audiophiles and product marketing. xiph.org is great for debunking audio myths in a very pedagogical way.
    As sambrox mentioned earlier, human confirmation bias is very real and often takes over our decision making, we hear or see what we believe. It can be bypassed by blindtesting.
    link confirmation bias https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Some "audiofile" friends of mine were so excited about how "superior sounding" 24/192 albums are compared to ordinary cd's.
    It's beyond human hearing to tell the difference (they market a myth) so I setup an abx blindtest for them, comparing 24/192 to regular 16/44.1 cd, and mp3 320). they failed all the test and never could tell, but when they knew what they were listening to they said it was still superior. They refuse to accept being victims of confirmation bias and it makes them feel comfortable in their strong personal convictions.
    It's also funny reading on studio forums how some argue over which dithering sounds best, when it's beyond human hearing to even tell if dithering is on or off in a song.

another good link
    Audio Myths & DAW Wars
    http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/app_audio.htm

As posted earlier, this one is just excellent.
    D/A and A/D | Digital Show and Tell (Monty Montgomery @ xiph.org)

Audio Myths Workshop

The debate about the tone wood myth is very heated in some youtube videos.
    To me tone wood and thin nitro claims are just not noticable in tone in an electric guitar (plugged in) in any form that matters.
    If claims like "superior tone wood, thin breathing nitro" and some other mojo claims actually mattered for electric guitars (plugged in) then the ultimate marketing for every guitar brand would be to demonstrate their guitars with A-B sound comparisons showing how much more "air or tone" they have. There are severeal obvious reasons why they don't make such videos. I can get great spanky and "airy" fender tones from both poly, nitro, alder wood, even heavy plywood bodies.
    I prefer to pick a low weight body wood for comfort, some nice body color, maple fretboards look nice, and I prefer poly on my guitars because it offers much better protection. To me the pickups and their position, strings, scale, bridge, setup, build, and how you play simply matters far more in an electric guitar. In an acoustic instrument tone wood absolutely matters but that's another thing.

Some videos of various funny entertaining nature on the tone wood subject.
    :)

Electric Guitar Wood Myth Busted?
    http://www.guitarsite.com/news…-guitar-wood-myth-busted/

Last Time, Does Wood Type, Finish, Mass Matter On Electric Guitar By Scott Grove

Tonewood and resonant frequency myths debunked
    "...the guitars resonant frequencies have little to no affect on what the pickup registers.
    I have done tests and proved that tonewood in electric guitars has little to no significant difference."

Tonewood Evidence Roadmap

The End of the Tonewood Debate? Science, Idiocy and Scott Grove.

Electric Guitar Resonance: Relevance to Tone, Sustain, Tonewood etc

monotone, big producers like Andy Sneap have used Kemper analog connection for albums, nobody can tell its kemper.
    Have you conducted and passed proper blind tests to verify your conclusions?
    There is a reson that 44.1 khz have stood the test of time and is still the most used by pros making music.
    Have you done direct amp profiles without mic and played them through a guitar cab?
    In my signature there's a link to hundreds of bands and producers using kempers on albums and live, have a listen to what many professionals produce.
    There's also some new feature additions since your previous asked questions in this thread
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…ead/18505-Can-the-Kemper/?

Freisegler, I see it like this, a book is a physical object, a profile is not and can be copied.
    If the creators of the profile packs say "not for resale in any form except if included in a kemper unit" or similar then I can't see how it can be allowed to sell them.
    Ebay auctions are closed everyday with illegal copies of microsoft OS, programs, games ...
    They are not allowed to be copied and sold.

Very cool 8 string bass!
    Scale lenght?