Posts by WorldStudios

Thanks. I am on an Apple Mac Pro 5.1 12core. But like I said, PCI blades are notable but do not support recovery partitions for some reason. I am aware that there are other solutions and I do have an external bootable drive laying about for emergencies. Since I strongly doubt it would solve this, I have not gone there. Awaiting response from Kemper support instead:)

I have the same issue. I think it started with OS 5.5.2. I am on High Sierra 10.13.3, the last one approved by Avid for Pro Tools. I have no KEXT in the usual folder, but there is one in Library/StagedExtentions/Library last changed in august 2017. I guess this is the file that is no longer used? I can not remove it. I tried the instructions to boot in recovery mode 3 times until I remembered that I am on a PCI m2 blade startup drive and that does for some reason not support recovery drives... Anyway, Rig Manager does not see the Kemper. I can still select and load presets, but they take 5 seconds tro load and after a few different ones loaded, it hangs the Kemper. The ToastME app works perfectly...

PM sees the Kemp, but it does not sync and shows it has 0 profiles. Removing and re-inserting the USB cable at the Kemper end either crashes RM or just makes it disappear from RM completely.

Has anyone tried to update to the latest spring reverb beta? Did that improve things?

Update: I downloaded and installed the RM 2.0 version found under category/older software versions in the downloads. It is version 2.0.17 to be exact. From 2014.. But it works on High Sierra. That old dog works for me as I expect it to. It sees the Kemp, syncs and lets me select rigs quick and easy. Wake me up when there is a newer version available that actually works on HS! :D

I would like to second Fredrik's suggestions. I think both of them are good points. I clicked the data panel blobs many times when testing this app.. You just assume it will work that way. :D

I had a hard time understanding the color/brighness scheme with the effects slots. Bright is on, grey is off and no color is "currently being edited". Either you come up with a different color for "currently being edited" or it should be the other way around at least, so that no color, same as the background means inactive/not assigned/empty - because that is the way it reads to me.

Did you make a note of my crash/bug report regarding switching to Tuner?

Best, Johan

I tried several restarts and I tried deleting the plist, but it crashes reliably every time on launch now. The hardware flashes "toaster connected".

EDIT - Ok, a restart of the hardware fixed it. It now seems to work as it should! Great!

Can you edit the patch name? And save? That would be awesome.

Selecting Tuner crashes the app reliably and then you need to restart the Kemper. That is a bug. Better to leave the option to select tuner out..

Thanks for your reply. Following a restart, the app did fetch all the info from the Toaster. The first times I ran it (repeatedly before the restart) it started up on the tuner page and would not get the values. Happiness! :D

But switching to the tuner page crashed it and the app can not be restarted without it crashing. Will try restart of the computer... I did and now it crashes every time on launch.

Yes. Lin vs Log is exactly what I was experiencing. Thanks.

Hi! I just heard about this today. It seems to be a very promising project that I applaud.

It opens on my Mac with 10.11.1 and asked me to select midi ports.

So far, not quite ready for prime time, but getting there

Bugs for me:
    Request values did not work for me, which really is a bummer.
    The exit knob does nothing on the hardware, the display is not following the various paths you take to stomp effects etc.
    Turning the small knob to the left, the leftmost, above the tuner display crashes the app if you are in tuner mode, which it is on startup.
    The Volume knob is a bit weirdly reflected on the hardware. It is almost like the knob in the software is an offset to the current state of the hardware some times, but after wiggling it about a bit it behaves as expected, but sometimes all the action is at the far right end of the range. From 1 o clock to 5 o clock, so to speak

Hi! I just heard about this today. It seems to be a promising project that I applaud.

It opens on my Mac with 10.11.1

So far, not quite ready for prime time, but getting there

Bugs for me:
    Request values did not work for me, which really is a bummer.
    The exit knob does nothing on the hardware, the display is not following the various paths you take to stomp effects etc.
    Turning the small knob to the left, the leftmost, above the tuner display crashes the app if you are in tuner mode, which it is on startup.

Anyone tried to make it work with Crossover? I'd really like to use that app too but there's no way I'm installing Windows on my Mac

I tried, but I did not get it to work. Generally, Crossover does not play well with external devices. It works pretty well for simple applications, though. :)

In my 25+ years of recording miced up cabs, I have never been happy with using just one mic. Its like you only get a small peice of the ideal picture. The first mic is perhaps 60%, the second mic adds perhaps 30% and a well chosen 3rd mic just might add the missing 10,,, or some of it. But make very sure they are all at the same distance from the speaker and in phase or very far away, or phase issues might land you well back under 50% again.

Bruno has a very good plan. there. The world is littered with out of phase speakers. :)

Also, if you placed it in front of a very reflective surface, like a hard back wall with no damping, you could get comb filtering from the reflections bouncing back from the back wall.

Guys. I admit to bragging about my gear. It took me twenty years of hard work in the studio and a sudden unexpected royalty check to finally be able to afford the speakers I had always pined for. The Avocet is overkill, perhaps, but it is very clean and mighty flexible, so I am happy I got it :). The point was, however, that I have top gear and perhaps you need very good gear to tell the difference between the outputs. The difference is there and the analog outs sound a bit more pushed in the high mid/low treble. More "pointy". The spdif is fuller sounding. In a mix, the analog outs cut through better, so I will only ever use those. Also, the sync issue, having to sync a whole studio from the Kemper, feels uncomfortable. If you don't, you get clicks galore... But, something it not right with the analog levels for my setup. I guess a -10/+4 dB switch is called for, but I will look into this.

Rock on!