Posts by WorldStudios

dhodgson Some day, my son, you will too own such great gear. If you only practice that guitar 6h a day for ten years. ;)

I hear substantial differences in sound as well on my Atc scm50asl speakers thru a cranesong avocet. :D

Anyway, your measurements are in accordance with my findings. The line out is a lot lower than the spdif out, meaning that with my converters ( who want a VERY loud signal and send a very loud one as well..) I have to amplify it with a line signal booster, a preamp... I also need to back the outputs by -10 plus trim about -18 to do profiling without clipping. There must be something to be done about this...

With my very powerful and powergreedy apogee ad/da 16x, the spdif is louder... Also, the sound is very different. At frist you think the spdif Sounds more clear, and it does sound "better" in solo, but you soon realize that the analog out has more precense and cuts through better in the mix. That plus the fact i need to sync my entire studio to the kemper, as opposed to the big ben master clock, means I will never use spdif again... Ymmv. Perhaps if you have crappy converters you might prefer the digital io... 8)