Posts by hexxenspell

Long time I just couldn't get right tone from my KPA. I was using Rocktron Velocity 120 and Marshall 8008 poweramps, and from both I was getting muddy and harsh distortion through Marshall 4X12 cabinet (with cab sims off). I own also BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer, that I get from some trading some time ago, but never really using it. When I see Maximizer lying in closet I take one more shot, and connect it to the output of Kemper. The tone that I was getting from this setup was the best tone that I ever had. Crystal clear, distortions shine, I don't know what magic is happening behind the scene with this combination, but for all poweramp/Kemper users - try put BBE in your setup, i'm sure you'll notice one hell of difference.

http://www.bbesound.com/products/sonic-maximizers/882i.aspx

I'm using Kemper with Velocity 120, but I just couldn't get good sound of it. It's not the color of the sound, but it's like the Kemper is in fountain. When I connect Engl SE head, the sound is crystal clear. Problem is probably in settings, but i'm tired of tweaking. I'm sure that FRFR will solve this problem, so i'm looking for this solution.

Thanks folks,
    I have now so much wider selection. Now i'm also thinking about getting behringer's 2031, for home use. I don't need loudness at home, is then one behringer enough? Is pair needed just for stereo effects?

currently, i'm using kemper with marshall 4x12 and 8008 power amp, but i can't get good result's from this setup. I also tried velocity, but without success. So, i'm going to try FRFR. From what i saw from youtube, the line6 l3t wins, but it isn't cheapest solution.

Another solution, that i found is atomic reactor active cab, but some people say that has harsh sound, and doesn't work ok on louder settings. But can be found on ebay.
    I don't have chance to test reactor. I play thrash, so i need it mostly for high gain settings. Have anyone good experience with kemper + atomic 50?

Hello,

I have no experience with FRFR system yet. The Behringer are cheap solution to integrate with Kemper. Are they loud enough to play with drummer. Is sound quality of Truth's ok?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. I tried Kemper with Rocktron Velocity 120, Marshall 8008, Marshall Cab 2X12 and Marshall cab 4X12. With all gear combinations I just can get good sound. In louder settings, everything is worse (i'm using heavy distorted sound). I'm not sound freak that must have crystal define sound, but with my Marshall Jmp-1 + Velocity + 4X12 I have much better sound. I don't know where the problem is. From which I read on this forum, Kemper gives almost 100% identical sound of profiled amplifier. So it's not problem in Kemper. But it's also not problem in my gear, because I had much better results with Jmp-1.

I'm thinking to replace my cab and velocity with some kind of FRFR or active speaker, if it would help. Does maybe the cab simulation solve the "the towel covers speaker" sound? If connecting to FRFR is speaker simulation on, like connecting to active speaker?

Version is 1.0.0.6895

I tried with input B, but still no luck.

I also noticed some strange noise when playing solo on higher fret (17+) with heavily distorted rig. Is it maybe because I connect power amp through kemper Main Out?

Thanks for reply. I already search this kind of option, but i couldn't find anywhere. It works If I connect Kemper to mixer from Monitor outs, but not working, if I connect to power amp...

Hello everyone,

My Kemper has just arrived :) . I'm using it with Marshall 8008 power amp and marshall 4X12 cab. In manual i read to connect kemper's "monitor out" to power amp, but that's not working for me. When I connect power amp from Kemper Master Out's the thing works perfect. I also
    had to disable cab button, to not coloring the sound. Am I missing something, is there any danger to use Master Out's with Marshall 8008 2X4 ohms?

Thanks