Posts by trock

HI All

Believe it or not i have had the kemper probably almost 2 years now. and i have never really needed anything more than some profiles from other people. sold my axe fx 2 after i got this and have never looked back. i have gone thru the manual a little but was wondering if there is a great kemper training video that goes thru everything on the kemper? i cant find one and i would love to watch something more than read

just wondering

thanks!

Anyone else have this happening? some of my green LED lights around the knobs have died. not a big deal but its 2 or 3 now on different knobs

hoping they dont all go out!

easy fix for this by chance?

thanks

you guys are all good in my book!

thanks for the help

@kempersupport - i will re load it this weekend and contact you, not sure how to get the crash log to you though? i see the crash window in front of my but it scrolls a longgggg way, is there an easy way to grab that file for you? if so where do i email it and open a ticket with you?

thanks

well I tried holding down shift and opening and it still crashes

i was a little worried doing the other step since when i looked in that folder their was a MAC OS file etc and i didn't want to delete it

i then dragged the rig manager from the applications folder to the trash, emptied it, and re loaded

same result :(

i guess i will just hold off for a while on this

thanks all

Hi

I just installed rig manager beta on a brand new Imac quad 3.4 i7 with 32 gigs of ram
    1TB SSD

i updated the kemper to the latest 2.5.0

osx 10.9.4

every time i open rig manager it crashes

i have deleted it and re installed 3 times

rebooted mac and kemper

any ideas?

thanks

I was reading the release notes about what the Rig Manager does and i didnt see this

I am asking because my Kemper is actually full and i get a warning message that i cant add any more profiles lol

i didnt even knwo how that happened but anyway with the rig manager i would love and easy to delete wholesale tons of profiles once i sort them and dont need alot of them

thanks

Cool

when i read in the manual it says the Direct out is by default set to dry out

If you’re not using this output as part of an effects loop, it will carry the original
    guitar signal. So, if you want to record your guitar dry, connect the DIRECT OUTPUT to the recording
    device or audio interface input.

and this in the kemper advanced manual

(Only available and default setting for the Direct Output).
    The pure and clean instrument signal is sent to the Direct Output by an analog
    splitter, no AD/DA conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as
    on the instrument input. Useful for reamping or running a second amp in par
    so do i actually need to reset anything in the setup?

thanks, just trying to wrap my head around this

Hey great

unfortunately i only have 2 inputs on the symphony card, its a 2x6 system

so i do need to set up something in the kemper though to do this correctly, the output is not automatically setup then?

i will check out the manual

thanks!

Hey All

not sure thats what its called but i need to now record a track in my songs that has no effect on it for re amping later?

so far with my kemper i just run the stereo analog outs to the symphony system i have and into cubase on a stereo track, so 2 outs, stereo track bam. i set up whatever profile and effects i want and BOOM< great sound and done

however the guy who mixes my stuff wants a track of clean that he can re amp IF NEEDED and not be commited to the sound i picked

so can i run a cable out of the kemper out of the DIRECT OUT output? and then say use the LEFT out analog for the track in cubase with the profile and effects and then select the Direct out in my patchbay for another track in cubase that is now dry and clean?

not sure i am making sense but any help would be great

i basically now need a track of the profile and one that is clean, so if the track with the profile sound doesnt work in the mix he cna go to the clean and re amp it or pick another sound?

and it needs to come from the same performance etc

thanks for any help!

So somehow i have managed to fill this thing lol

everytime i turn it on now it says out of memory etc

is there an easy way to try out a profile and if you dont like it delete it right away?

i cant find anything in the manual

or what is the easiest way to delete profiles?

thanks

ah, didn't think of that, will check it out!

did version 2.0 change the overall output levels?

its weird, totally crank master and main volumes and i get like -18 or lower in my recordings now

something is limiting the output somewhere

thanks!

Hi All

I am on the latest 2.0 firmware and now my output is low. if i crank the master and the amp volume to the max it distorts but the DI recording is low in volume

i figured i needed to do a reset but forget how to do that?

anyone know or do you think i should try something else?

thanks