Posts by Jimmyno

I had one on my laptop, it was a PITA since laptops have fixed hardware so I needed new and modified .kext files.
    But if you want to built an hackintosh from the scratch, you'd rather buy the best parts for compatibility and then follow the instructions.
    Usually it works with no issues at all, beside the fact that is not suggested to perform system updates right from the app store, but you'd rather wait for the new instructions.

Well, time ago I suggested a kind of deep profiling, not far from what you suggest (three or four different gain levels wound have been enough IMHO).
    I still believe it can be a nice idea, although a different gain level, in the real world, usually delivers a different tone and you might prefere a different micing position and/or a different EQ.
    Before this I'd REALLY love to see the tone stack library, which was one of the very first promised feature of the KPA.
    Ten or twelve tone stacks like Marshall/Mesa (mark-recto)/ Soldano/etc plus a customizable one would be more than enough in my opinion.

Assolutamente si.
    Il remote é un po' caro per quello che fa, ma il tempo per programmare, la tranquillità di non doversi preoccupare per aggiornamenti e similari, hanno certamente un prezzo che sono stato disposto a pagare.

Prima del remote ho avuto la Liquid Foot 12+. L'editor è incredibile e le potenzialità sono semplicemente spaventose, non c'è niente da dire.
    A dirla tutta anche con la Junior + si può fare praticamente tutto, se hai voglia di organizzare i vari livelli della pedaliera.
    In pratica da ogni pulsante, con una pressione prolungata puoi accedere a nuova pagine che ti imposti autonomamente.
    Il limite è nella fantasia e nel tempo che ci puoi dedicare.

I mean: Randall has tried with the M4 preamp which was a great product but had no fortune at all.
    Randall made the RM series in cooperation with Egnater but once again they seem to have discontinued the product.

IMHO there are smart if you are willing to make a mixed analog-digital rig.
    For example you can use one of these preamps with a Torpedo CAB to emulate the power amp and the cabinet, or an Amplifire for power amp, cab and fx.

EDIT: I meant Egnater made the M4.

In generale devi impegnare un po' di tempo per la programmazione, perché dubito che la Musicom Lab si sincronizzi con il KPA.
    Devi impostare la pedaliera midi per inviare i PC per il cambio patch e i CC per il controllo degli stomp e dei parametri continui, esattamente come si fa con altre apparecchiature midi.
    Parimenti, se vuoi rimanere su un prodotto semplice sul quale lavorare un po' come programmazione, la vecchia Midi Mate Rocktron può anche fare al caso tuo.

Ci sono delle alternative che ti permettono di risparmiare un po' di tempo, come la FCB1010 munita dei chip Eurekaprom o Uno4Kemper, o altre più avanzate che supportano già di loro la sincronizzazione a 2 vie (Bj Devices, Microdesignum, Liquid Foot, Mastermind GT).

Maybe they're holding it back until the Frankfurt music fair... But the companies don't really care about the german music trade fair anymore. Did Kemper have a booth in 2016?

A compact Kemper pedalboard unit would be my perfect B-Rig for smaller gigs.
    Damn, I was close to considering a Helix for this purpose. ;)

If i recall correctly, they didn't.

I'm torn between the cool idea of having a small floor rig (perhaps a little bigger than the remote) and the fear of people dropping beer and cocktails over it.

yes I got the greenbacks and the vintage 30's...(both 2x12) and I like them, much better than the ownhammers and redwirez to me, but still..a good kemper-cab is hard to beat

I bought the G12H and i have your same opinion.
    My suggestion is to tweak a bit the cabinet: I smooth the top end with the Hi Shift and reduce the boominess by lowering the Lo Shift.

Does this happen if you profile again?
    Once it happened that the direct profile turned out been very bassy, opposed to the trebly nature of my amp.
    I had to turn on and off the profiler to profile again, and this time everything went correctly.
    If this doesn't work, have you tried with different XLR cables?

I've noticed that some IR makers play the game of making their IR extremely louder than the average IR, so whenever you try IRs , be aware of this fact when you compare.

I have noticed that with sono ownhammer I have tried.
    Louder and mid forward.

Just made a quick test with the G12H anniversary (which are by far my favorite speakers ever).
    For 6 euros is a good catch, there are some pretty usable tones (never forget that we have some more controls in the cab section and they can really make the difference from a good and a bad sound), and some are very good.
    Still prefere my to-go cab, taken from a Michael Wagener merged profile (G12H, too).

It couldn't be in the Stack EQ, without changing the concept of how the Stack EQ works. if it was in the Stack EQ, there would not be a front panel knob to control it.
    And, if they add actual tone stacks from amps, they would not include a high/low shelf filter, either.

While I understand your opinion, i strongly believe that it can be implemented without any logic conflict (hope to explain me well).
    If not in the stack eq section, what about putting it in the amp section? No amp out there has clarity, pick and compression controls, nevertheless we have them in the KPA :)
    Adding a HPF and a LPF in the amp section might be a good compromise?