Posts by Beau_Mckee

I was just saving every time for a new part under the rigs category, which ultimately got very cluttered with files to be maintained. Snapshots can potentially be perfect in this regard, all we need now is to be able to decipher from all the other snapshots. Perfect for studio recall-ability

How are you guys getting a usable level from the spdif DI level? I'm finding this feature unusable at this point, and wish I could capture a usable DI via spdif as opposed to running out into another DI input external from kemper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote='mba',index.php?page=Thread&postID=86045#post86045][quote='mba',index.php?page=Thread&postID=86045#post86045]http://soundcloud.com/arnodru/prs-axeii-v10IMO it sounds plastic

"Plastic" is the word I use to describe soundclips I hear from the Axe-FX, as well as the Line 6 Pod, as well as the Digitech, as well as the Eleven, as well as the Johnson J-Station, etc. The Kemper is the only device that doesn't exhibit that fake "plastic" tone IMO, it sounds open and raw, it can be made to sound compressed as well but not in an overly processed way. Either you hear it or you don't but I do and that's why I use the Kemper.....

I couldnt agree more

Im keen to get my hands on some high quality metal amps. There is no way im buying blind though. If these profiles are decent, you will stand to sell more by posting the examples. I cant help but feel maybe you do not believe in these as much as you originally hoped for, otherwise there would be planned samples released when the packs came out. There is market out there for crushing heavy tones. And generally i do well with a handful of amps but would be great to venture outside the square

I posted this in another thread but had no response:
    When recording the SPDIF direct guitar signal from the kemper, the performance is not currently recording at optimal level. when i reamp sending the SPDIF signal back to the kemper, the gain staging is wrong from the original performance. When i gain match, its roughly 12db off, and even then with a phase reverse it isnt close to being completely cancelled out to the original recorded performance. I understand it will never completely cancel out due to the way the kemper processes differently each time, but i feel i can definitely get it closer with the right advice here. How do i set my kemper to output optimal level? Some help from CK or someone with experience would be rad, thanks in advance!

The SPDIF direct signal is not currently recording at optimal level. when i reamp the gain staging is wrong from the original performance. When i gain match, its about 12db off, and even then with a phase reverse it isnt close to being completely cancelled out. I understand it will never completely cancel out due to the way the kempe processes differently each time, but i feel i can definitely get it closer with the right advice here. Some help from CK or someone with experience would be rad, thanks in advance!

I've just tested it. If you record the dry signal of your spdif output, you get a signal with the level required to reamp through spdif without having to adjust it. Working this way you are passing only one A/D conversion and the level of the signal is the same you use when using that profile.

What is the SPDIF level you have it set to for recording the direct via SPDIF to capture at accurate volume so when reamping it sounds identical? This is what im ultimately aiming at here. I track guitars through kemper, and later if i want to edit a take i want it to go back into the kemper sounding identical to tracking live for a reprint. I know SPDIF will be the best way to do this as previously i had been recording the dry direct out from the back of KPA into preamp and amp was tracked SPDIF. I want my gain structure to remain in tact when reamping. So my question is, what is the optimal setting on the SPDIF master out for the direct signal into our DAW? im sure i can get this very close by ear but if there is a correct level to have it set on from SPDIF out id like to know what that is. Hope that made sense!

Nevermind, i figured it out on my own like a big bo! So does the SPDIF record at the optimal gain level? For example, if we now reamp via the recorded spdif signal through SPDIF, it should theoretically sound idnentical or no?

I too would love a feedback effect! Ive been setting up amps just to record feedback at the end of tracking records because at the moment i just cant do it with kemper

So can someone please confirm you can now record dry direct guitar signal via spdif as well as a profile on two seperate channels via spdif? and if so, how is this achieved and which firmware is required?
    Thanks!