Posts by holz27

Sorry, there seems to exist some misunderstandings.

I don't want to control the Stage with the official Kemper app on Ipad, but i want to control the Stage by other apps like bandhelper. These apps can send Midi over Wifi. My application is to change between perfomances when selecting new song in bandhelper by sending some Midi PCs or CCs.

yes the Stage can communicate over WiFi but it does not support MIDI over WiFi from what have experienced. The App is limited but works for quick onstage editing when I'm gigging out.

I asked for Midi over Wifi in another thread and got this answer from Kemper

So it's clear that actually it's not supported, but i hope that there are more guitar players like me in amateur bands trying to minimize setup and equipment and supporting this feature request.

I know that we can connect from iPad to Stage with Bluetooth dongles (Yamaha/quicco) or midi cable to control the Stage with Midi commands.

But wouldn't it be better to connect iPad to Stage directly with Wifi, and without extra hardware?

There is a protocol called Midi over Ethernet/Wifi (RTP). With this protocol we could have a network connection between iPad and Stage.

Bandhelper and Setlistmaker both support midi over Ethernet/Wifi and can send/receive Midi over network connection.

Kemper Team, please think about this feature, which minimizes hardware and simplifies the setup

Oh sorry, perhaps my question is not that clear.

I know that we can connect from iPad to Stage with Bluetooth dongles (Yamaha/quicco) or midi cable.

But I would like to connect from iPad to Stage via network connection and send midi commands to the Stage. The protocol is called midi over ethernet/wifi (RTP). With this feature we don't need extra hardware to control the Stage.

Bandhelper and Setlistmaker both support midi over RTP. My question is whether the Stage support receiving commands with midi over RTP?

Perhaps someone from Kemper can help with an answer?

I would like to switch performances on the Stage with bandhelper or setlistmaker on my iPad. These apps can send midi over rtp and it would be great to directly control the Stage over wifi without extra hardware like Bluetooth dongles or other.

Yesterday support confirmed to me that this seems to be a software bug.
    I'm hoping that it will be fixed soon. The flickering when turning the knob is annoying ...

i have the same issue. I thought it is a hardware problem and sent it to the service.
    They told me they changed the knobs but the problem still exists (sometimes).
    I will contact support again ...

The setlistmaker website includes some good tutorial videos, one of them explaining how to send midi commands.
    With each song in setlistmaker i attach the midi program change command to select the correct performance and slot in the KPA. For a description of how to calculate the needed program change number please refer to the profilers manual.

in case of more questions feel free to contact me via PM.

I would be glad if one Remote button could be configured to always send a special CC sequence (e.g. MIDI General purpose button on/off).

Application: when pressing the Remote button the KPA should send this midi sequence to my iPad app 'Setlistmaker' which will then proceed to the next song in the setlist.
    When selecting the next song the app setlistmaker sends Midi PC to the KPA to switch to the next song's performance (this second feature already works).

benefit of one Remote switch sending this midi cc sequence is to save one extra footswitch. As I only use the buttons 1-5 for changing the performance slots I would like to configure one of the other buttons I-IV for sending this midi sequence.

<p><span style="line-height:1.28">

I, too, have been experiencing this. &nbsp;It usually lasts a few seconds or so and then goes away. &nbsp;Hope it's fixed very soon.

</span></p>

<p>I also experienced the crackling for a few seconds when changing rigs in performance mode, either by midi or by the knobs. This happened only a few times during the last weeks, but I can't reproduce it.</p>

yesterday i experienced also a reboot of the remote during editing of a Performance. Firmware is 3.0.0.10856.
    After reboot of the Remote it took a few seconds until i could continue with editing the Performance. The Performance seems to be reset. Slot was no. 1 instead of no.3 and the changes in no.3 were lost.

I hope this bug will be fixed soon, because i would like to use the remote on live gigs starting next weekend.
    Except of this problem i was very satisfied with the remote and the ease of use in Performance mode.

Nur unterm Strich sehe ich nicht, wie diese Lösung preiswerter sein kann als ein Behringer FCB 1010 plus Uno4Kemper Eprom. Für ca. 150 Euro incl. 2 MIDI Kabeln erhält man eine integrierte Lösung. .

Bei meinem Setup reicht das FCB1010 mit Uno4Kemper nicht. Ich bräuchte noch ein Midi Merger ca. 100 EUR, um die zwei Midi Signale vom Ipad und vom FCB1010 in den Kemper einzuschleusen, dann noch eine Tasche für den FCB1010, dann sind wir bei ca. 280 EUR. Das ist für eine temporäre Lösung ein bisschen viel.

Oder gibt's noch eine andere halbwegs günstige Alternative?
    Natürlich kann man Performances mittels irgendeiner App vom PC (MIDI Bank Select gefolgt von MIDI Program Change) umschalten. Und man kann zusätzlich ein Volumen-Pedal sowie einen Stereo-Schalter direkt am Profiler anschließen. Es gibt ja bei den Schalter-Einstellungen im System Menu die Option 'Rig up/down' für Stereo-Schalter. Zur Zeit kann man damit im Performance Mode noch nicht durch die Slots blättern, sondern nur durch die Rigs des Browse Mode. Aber dieses Feature ist geplant.

Mit dem Stereo-Schalter die Slots in der Performance zu schalten, das wäre sehr hilfreich. Dann könnte ich mit den bereits vorhandenen Volumen-Pedal und Stereo-Schalter mein Setup aufbauen für 0,- EUR ... Eine gute Übergangslösung :rolleyes:

Bitte liebes Kemper-Team: bringt dieses Feature im nächsten Release ...

Die Limitierung auf 100 Patches gibt es beim Roland FC-300 auch. Für mich bestünde die Lösung darin, dass man Rigs, die man immer wieder in verschiedenen Songs benutzt, einen "globalen" Namen gibt und keinen songspezifischen. So spart man Patches. Ich kann mir kaum vorstellen, dass man für bspw. 50 Songs andauernd verschiedene Sounds braucht. Also kann man seinen Lieblings-Crunch-Sound auch mehrfach verwenden.

Wir versuchen in unserer Cover-Band, die Sounds halbwegs originalgetreu rüberzubringen. Deshalb programmiere ich speziell die Sounds für jeden Song. Zur Arbeitserleichterung habe ich natürlich einige Grundsounds. Und alle Gitarren und die Keys arbeiten in unserer Band so, und im Ergebnis haben wir dann abwechslungsreiche Sounds. Das finden wir toll und dafür eignet sich mein Setup (und der KPA mit dem Performance Mode !!!) sehr gut.

Auf jeden Fall vielen Dank euch allen für die Infos und Anregungen. Ich werde jetzt über den Sommer fleißig die Performances programmieren und hoffen, dass bald das Slot up/down Feature für den Stereo-Schalter kommt. Wenn nicht dann müsste ich doch noch zum FCB1010 greifen.

Burkhard: danke für die ausführlichen Infos. Das ist zwar etwas ernüchternd, weil ich anscheinend nicht um die Investition in einen neuen Footcontroller rumkomme. Und das nur für ein paar Monate, und nur um Slots 1-3 in den Performances umzuschalten. Zur Not würde es auch einige Monate nur mit 2 Slots pro Performance gehen und nur mit Volume Pedal.

Wenn man z.B. die ersten zwei Slots mit einem Double Switch schalten könnte, dann wäre mein Setup komplett. Dann noch ein Volume Pedal anschließen und die Performances über Program Change von unserem Ipad umschalten.

Hallo Kemper Team: wäre das nicht ein einfaches und günstiges Setup, das ihr zur Überbrückung bis zum Release eures Footcontrollers unterstützen könntet? Man müsste nur mit dem Double Switch Slot1 und 2 schalten können.

Oder gibt's noch eine andere halbwegs günstige Alternative?

Hallo Kollegen,

ich spiele in einer Cover Band, wir haben ca. 80 Songs und ich möchte für jeden Song eine eigene Performance programmieren. Meist gibt's nur zwei Slots (rythm und lead), manchmal auch mehr.

Die Songs / Performances werden bei uns zentral per Ipad mit Setlist Maker umgeschaltet (Midi Program Change). Ich muss dann nur noch per Fussschalter zwischen Slots der Performance umschalten. Ausserdem brauche ich noch zwei Pedale für Lautstärke und Wah.

Eigentlich wollte ich auf den KFC warten, aber das dauert mir jetzt zu lange. Wenn ich das richtig raushöre, dann frühestens Jahresende, wahrscheinlich dann aber erst zur Winter-NAMM.

Ich habe noch ein Boss GT-10 und ein FV500. Könnte ich damit mein Setup realisieren? Hat jemand Erfahrung mit GT-10 und Performance Mode?

Ansonsten bleibt natürlich FCB1010 mit Uno4Kemper. Sonst noch Alternativen?

Grüße aus dem Südwesten der Republik

holz27