Posts by Robman

I can absolutly see your point! And everyone is entitled to an opinion. I´m just of the opinion that every different profile is worth loading up simply because there might be a chance that this exact profile with this exact setting and sound is exactly what someone else is searching for. Of course we can all tweak everything until it sounds close to what we want - but if you´re honest you´ll have to admit that there is nothing better than a untweaked profile of the exact sound you´re looking for. And thats a part of the magic - at least for me and I´m sure for a lot of other people too.

The best way of course would be to have a better organizing system on the rig exchange so everyone can search for everything in a very specific way and won´t be annoyed by too much of this or that anymore. So let´s hope Kemper gives it a shot :)

I see your opinion and take it onboard and totally agree with the UN-TWEAKED comment. There are so so so many variables with the KPA ....which is a GOOD thing

I guess what I'm also trying to say is that people should be selective about what they put up and not just add profiles for the sake of it. If for example someone profiles a triple rectifier channel through a 2x12 into a SM57 then does someone else really need to profile the same thing ? While it will sound different is it really different enough ?

Where do you start and stop ? There are an almost infinite number of profiles that you can do for any amp between channel,eq and mic position...at what point does it become different enough to post or not to post ?

Can you see my point ?

I asked a question guys , Not complaining just making what I think is a valid observation.

I have about 250 rigs on the KPA that I use in different bands. I don't want to install too many profiles and have to delete them one by one as I review them. Maybe we just need a bit of code written that will audition profiles without the need to download and install them.

Still a LOT of Mesa profiles there though :thumbup: I like Mesa Boogie , I own a triaxis,A 2:90 that I run my KPA through as a monitor , A triple rec and 2 cabs so its not a criticism of the product in any way.

thoughts ????

Don't want to get off the point but ..... Mangini was always gonna get the job even though he wasn't the best drummer .....IMHO..............

Plus he doesn't use a KPA !!!!!!!!!!

Dance of the Aristocrats is my favourite tune on Culture Clash so I'm glad Marco didnt have to move to the States etc....

He's a fantastic drummer!
    Here is the full video (from the video above) where he's explaining and playing an Aristocrats song with the kemper profiler and drums.
    I remember Robman posted this video link here in the forum earlier. What Marco has Hiding in the Background.........

Marco Minnemann teaching "Dance Of The Aristocrats"
    [YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

Thank you for the acknowledgement :D

I think profiles are automatically normalised in the Kemper. If you set your clean settings right, there should be no perceptible difference between patches.

At least, I think so. :rolleyes:

profiles are all different volume wise when you get them as you know. I usually have to boost the Cab volume and even pop in a lead boost on some clean sounds to get the levels up.

I had a gig tonight and once again the sound man told me that my output was very hot.

I do run my profiles quite high in terms of the cab volume etc... but the master out on the Kemper was at about 4-5%. I physically couldnt turn it down any more ....

Anyone else have this problem ?

Is there a case for developing a setting that allows you to almost power stage the output ?

I had very little headroom in terms of adjustments and ended up going into Performance mode and turning down the profiles individually......

Maybe its just me that has this problem ?

?(