Posts by Robman

I have to agree that the Kemper is fantastic on so many levels ; Available Sounds, profiling,control , consistency etc.....
    I ditched my Triaxis , G-System, ISP Decimator , Korg rack tuner, 2:90 power amp and 2 (2x12) cabs in stereo for it.....overall saving if I was to start again ....mmmmh.....maybe €6000-7000 plus I get MANY MANY MANY more options interms of sound which changes and is transpatrent with every different guitar I use .....no mic'ing problems .....MUCH cleaner signal .... ITS A NO BRAINER !!!!!!

I also love that I can basically go to a gig on a bicycle if I want with all my gear with me :) and also that I can personally control my monitor volume and EQ from the Kemper ..................S W E E T :love:

Ive been using the Kemper for a couple of months live. I use an old Boss multi effects only to midi trigger....

after that its both XLR's into the desk one hard left and the other hard right. Monitor output into a DI box into a separate channel on the desk which feeds back to my monitor.This allows me to alter the monitor volume from the KPA.Also allows me to EQ the monitor separately from the FOH. Works great !!! :thumbup:

Hi ,

Just wondered if it would be possible to have more characters / information available in the Description Box to make it easier when looking at Rigs?

Hi ,

I finally managed to get all these in a row and profiled......

the Compressor did cause problems with the noise gate on the way in ( so the Kemper told me anyway )

needs MAJOR tweaking as I've posted it as it arrived in....

major parts of Gilmours rig..have fun tweaking and adding to it

might sound awful but sure have a look anyway :)

the rig is a Boss CS-2 into a Cornish G2 into a Hiwatt DG102 1972 Head into a 2x12 Hiwatt Cab with Fanes

I tried profiling the Cornish G-2 through the Hiwatt head and Cab but I kept getting errors saying that either 1 - Amp was too loud or 2 - Amp was too quiet.... I had the same issues through the preamp but did finally get it to work.

I'll try and profile them this evening and I'll put my Boss CS-2 in front of it.

I have an old early 80's MXR Dyna Comp and an Ibanez CP-9 as used by Gilmour also.

I'll try and get those profiled as well in the overall loop.

I played in a Floyd Tribute band for a few years and also have an old Chandler Tube Driver, an 80's RATT and a couple of Muffs.Also have a Boss C2 Chorus..... I'll see what I can get profiled :)

I've been using the Kemper live for the last month and I have to say that its GREAT....

I ordered the gig bag from Thomann as shipping is cheaper than from Kemper ( Sorry Christof ) ...Live I use a BIG flight case on edge

Also I run stereo XLR's to the desk and the monitor out into a D.I. box which lets me EQ the monitor mix separately ....The 'Monitor' volume control works great as I can tweak it easily during the gig without affecting my feed to the P.A. .... :D

Hi ,

Got these profiled today.

Its well worth tweaking the Amp Compression, Cabinet and the Comp. pedal to get closer to Gilmours sound.

One profile is Sustain at 100% on the Pedal.....the other is 50%

I tried profiling the G-2 through the Hiwatt Head but it wouldnt let me for some reason....

Gilmour used to use one of these preamps so I guess its the next best thing...as I say ...LOT OF TWEAKING REQUIRED

Let me know your settings when you think youve gotten DG's sound nailed !!!

Enjoy,

Rob

The 'FORD MILE' Profile is a Fuchs as used by Robben Ford on the Mystic Mile album....I think