Posts by torchlord

Your problem with sound problems tied to the gain or volume sound similar to the same sounds i had with the kemper. Mine kind of sounded like it there was a guy doing morse code in the back ground with the amp's gain at 7 or higher. I also had a repetitive oscilation of some voice when i had it system up stairs near my computer. My axe fx ultra doesn't have this issue so i decided to send the kemper back. I think i may have got in on this system to early in its life cycle and needs to be cleared of all its problems. I was considering keeping it till i ran into the RF or electromagnetic interference issue i had. I have enough problems with trying to eliminate that noise from my other equipment like my laptop as it is. Maybe i ill check out the next version when ever it comes out down the road. Anyways good luck with your kempers fella's.

I was wondering if the kemper team might be planning on making it possible to profile the preamp and cab separately someday, since there is three input jacks on the back of the kemper. I noticed that when i turn off the monitor soft switch and run it back through my amp the kemper really doesn't sound like the preamp of my h&k switch blade 100 combo. I basically run it threw the amp and turn the parallel / serial effects loop buttons on or off on the switchblade and there is quite the difference in sound. I'm guessing that it be more accurate to bypass the mic and get a direct sound through the effects loop out on my amp if its ever possible down the road. I hope they were forward thinking enough to make this a feature some day.

I'm holding on to both the AXE II and KPA, the KPA has a lot of good things, I like how easy it is to profile, and the results are excellent when the amp is miced properly, i like having all the knobs to quickly edit, i like being able to save and load patches with USB etc, BUT the AXE II wins for me in pretty much all effects, i think it will be very hard for KPA to compete on the effects side of things, i like that is also a rack format, and the support from Fractal is incredible, I like how Cliff spends time on the forums and is very responsive to people's feedback, this isn't happening here yet from KPA, but it could change, also I think if Fractal does add their own type of profiling, and if it works as good as the KPA, with the power inside the AXE II, it will be a very very hard device to beat, like i said i own both, and i'm no fanboy on either side, just have my opinions and obviously will choose to use whatever sounds and works better for me, since this is how i make my living.

I'm really interested in the development of the axe to, mostly because of its versatility. I'm really interested in how will there tone matching works out, but I'm just as interested in getting the kpa cause of the knobs and what looks like to be a faster way of getting that magic tone. I currently have a axe fx version 1 and i dont know maybe ill consider selling it and trying out a axe II since i got the coupon already (not sure how long it last).

Yep late last year i thought i wanted a axe II, and yes there are alot of features i think would be nice to have here in the kemper profiler, but for some reason i kept coming back and looking for more information on this kemper amp. I got my ticket for the axe a few months ago, and found a video youtube that showed off all the presets, and i must say they have improved it quite a bit sound wise. I am pretty curious to see how much improved version firmware 5 has done
    for the axe, which makes it a difficult thing to pull away from. but from all the improvement the the vids i saw of the kemper just sounded more real then the axe. So I'm hoping this kemper amp can put to rest that a non tube amp cant be as good as tubed in my band mates ears, and when it arrives here in the near future, it will rock there socks off. I'm still rather bummed that i still am using my verve amp, and want a serious upgrade for that department, but that will have to wait a few more months till i can figure out the best route to go there. So the kemper is ordered, and will be in the mail tomorrow I'm guessing. Jeff from michigan