Posts by skoczy

It's commercial suicide for a company to rest on its laurels. You can bet your bottom dollar that Kemper are up to something. What do you think their employees are doing every day? Popping down to the warehouse to ship out some Stages? Nah mate. There is blatantly some heavy research and design going on; that is what makes the most sense.

I'm not sure what are your sources, so that you suggest that heavy R&D is going on, but sounds serious.

Let's take MESA - I think they haven't committed suicide selling for years the same 4x12 cabs with the same V30.

There are companies like Fractal, Line6, which work in the way that you suggest it allows them to stay alive. And there is Kemper with the same device for 10 years already. Nobody knows what's in their heads.

There are users, that want newest, shiniest, fully packaged. There are users, who are satisfied with what they have. There is room for everybody and everybody's opinions, which are only opinions, so no need to excite too much.

Why not having KPA 2 with built in computer, whether with Windows or MacOS. So you don't have to connect built-in audio interface (which you don't have yet) to another computer. But the question is whether KPA2 should have HDMI 1.4b or also built in 24" screen, which would be attachable. I'm shy to suggest that it could have built-in best studio monitors, at least 5" :D

But I also could imagine that in the mean while they will soon offer a KPA XXL with dual/triple etc amps/more fx/more I/Os and whatever..

This is a joke, right? Looking at this company approach to products' longevity - if they release KPA XXL with dual/triple amps, more FX and "whatever", they become Kraktal :D

And I have strong feeling that KPA2 is not in the works. What doesn't mean that I am against it and I don't want these guys who wish it, for their dreams to become true. What means that both your and my opinion doesn't matter a smallest bit.

This is for me an example that if a product is not evolving it becomes obsolete - yes, you'll still find it in studios for many years to come but the user base will not grow because competition offers much better solutions, more aligned with modern times.

But this is different story, for another forum... :-)

Yes, Virus2 may have become obsolete, because of lack of some MAC support, but I think Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails don't care :) It's the big fish, that has more voice, than users crying on the forums. Maybe Kemper doesn't expect the user base to grow. Maybe not all companies are business sharks, living up to every dollar. This is my main point. I think Kemper is one of the last of companies, that believe in their product since day one. Not watching around the chase of newer hardware and software every year - think Fractal, Line6, Apple or all smatphone manufacturers.

By the way, what is the other forum URL? ;-)

This is not fanboy thing sir, I am not playing Kemper for few months already, so no fanboy by any means. You still can ask for hardware upgrade, but in my opinion you can't have expectations after you bought Kemper. Why not reading the spec sheet, when spending 1500E? It's similar to involve in a relationship with a woman and expecting her to change / get better.

I don't know if there will be KPA2, I think there won't be. But I'm not against anyone, my opinions (as others) DO NOT MATTER.

I think, Skoczy, you're still missing the point of the discussion. We don't want KPA2 because we are bored with KPA1, or because we don't like the tone, but many of us would welcome some improvements because they would improve our workflow. I assure you that I'm using KPA in 100% different way than you (and you're not even using it anymore - you admit it quite often). If KPA2 had features requested in this thread many of us could either get rid of some additional equipment or could achieve things which aren't possible with current hardware because of DSP/CPU/memory constraints. Whether you use any of advanced features or not - the fact is many features present in competition's products are darn useful, maybe not for you - and you don't have to use them. This doesn't immediately mean that everyone who would like to have them in KPA2 has uncontrolled GAS or should switch to different product. I explained it a few posts earlier - what we are doing here is we are participating in product evolution process and even Kemper as a company still wants to improve this product - that's why this section of forum exists in the first place. I suggest we stay on topic and refrain from judging one another how we should use KPA or any other gear.

Hi Piotr, I am not missing anything here. I have my own opinion and I'm keen to share it. I'm pretty sure there are some people that utilize KPA to its full potential, but would like to squeeze 110% out of it, by having features that don't exist in current incarnation. But I'm also sure that there are many requests just to have it all in one box, "because". Believe me, I've been there, wanted it all, guitars, gear, VSTs and what not. And when I got it, nothing has changed. We will see KPA2 with audio interface, 2 profiles at once, fancy editor, big colorful screen, if company decides to do so. And none of us knows what's gonna happen. My internal voice tells me, that they are not so focused on new gear, rather than polishing what they have. In my opinion this company is not Line6 or Fractal. They created Virus2 synth 24 years ago and it still is awesome (although some people moan due to lack of updates).

As far as I remember, you mentioned once, that during the live show, all devices on your band were reset due to lack of current. All other gear than Kemper booted in 10 seconds and it took about 1 minute for Kemper to boot. Is it that big flaw? In my case I would entertain the audience, when Kemper was booting :-)

As for playing powerchords on best gear, it was also about me. So don't take it personally. I just came to the point, when I decided that what I have and what I am is enough - believe me this makes huge change how you live.

So your requests are still valid, but in my opinion there will not be KPA2 :-)

Cheers! :-)

Ultimately, I think the Kemper feels like a 12 year old device at this point. It really isn't beyond the pale to expect a new unit after 12 years.

Marshall Plexi is like 60 years old now. I haven't heard anybody asking for Plexi 2 - even if, I'm pretty convinced Marshall wouldn't even move their finger to mess with that.

If Kemper only made products based on your opinion, then they'd have gone out of business already because they'd have sold exactly one unit. But I play power chords so what do I know?

Kemper brought to the market innovative product that lasts. If anybody wants the new shiny stuff, there is always ver. 3 of main competitor, which is the best of the best. Just look all these reviews on YouTube, these guys telling that it is so mych better than ver. 2 XL MKII (which was best of the best back then). It has big screen LCD screen and powerful processors. It is shiny, colorful and people want it. Until version 4. Then they will find ver. 3 legacy and will be selling it to get ver. 4 - I always wondered if not better to wait for ver. 5 though.

Silly question. For all the people who are so against any modern improvements and think the current hardware is fine, why be so against an update for the rest of us? Keep what you have. A KPA MK2 doesn't mean you have to buy it. Tons of gear makers support the legacy products while creating new ones.

But you're kidding yourself if you think that KPA doesn't need hardware and UI updates to stay competitive in the market and get new customers.

I am not against KPA2, I think current hardware is fine. I am not kidding myself, I don't think KPA needs hardware and UI updates. Maybe they also don't need to stay competitive in the market by releasing new ULTRA FINAL MK2 version of their gear. Kemper is good as it is from day 1 with software update through the years. I remember AXE FX 2 and their Quantum (or similar) firmware which supposed to be groundbreaking. But it became legacy and meh just after the release of next firmware and later next hardware. And this will be the same when AXE4 comes out. All the boys playing powerchords will have to get AXE4, because it will make them play better and this will be the best gear in the world (until AXE5).

This chase never ends.

Why not start your own company and make tons of money on what you're passionate about?

No man. The Virus goes back to at least 1998, and there have been many versions of it.

Like you had Kemper in 2011, next you had powered Kemper, Kemper Rack and few years later you had Kemper Stage, but this is almost the same device. This company is not kind of, which gives you the best gear now, but two years later suddenly you can buy the newest, the best, groundbreaking and best forever. Until next version in two years.

Then you should tell exactly this to those who regularly accuse requesters of complaining. Because it is them who complain about me complaining. I never complained. I have wishes and dreams. So easy.

So work towards your dreams, they will not come to you any other way, than when you contribute to get them :)

By the way, I find your footer description much revealing your approach "Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!" - this is a case when people wish they had doble profiles and X Y Z and they still play powerchords 90% of the time :)

I choose not to have and not to need and it works wonders in life :)

1. Needs differ so hard. A wish, a hope and suggestion are not complaints. They never were. We should get this simple thing into our brains, once and for all.

2. You compare apples to oranges. Synth sound is not a complex guitar rig chain with a core tube amp sound plus various fx.

1. Looking from time to time on this topic and similar ones, it's hard to tell a difference. Only requesters know, if they wish or they complain.

2. Surely guitar signal operates in analog realm (even when shaped by digital substitutes). But I don't agree that the "rig" chain and FX of synth is simple compared to guitar one - oscillators, envelopes, resonance, timbres and all FX that you can apply to guitar - phasers, delays, reverbs and counting,