Posts by skoczy

I don't know if this is symptome of 3 yrs old profile, but I really like this profile! I changed TS to Comp. Really good profile on my Deluxe Players Strat. Maybe its due to 4x10 Jensen cab - doesn't matter ^^

@skoczy - thanks for that. I feel sea sick now! :)

@nightlight, right on..we can listen to players all day long, but at the end of the day, your not them, you are YOU, so its how you deal with them, its fine to look upon the gods to feel inspired.. but the chances of sounding like them.. well that's something you don't want to be chasing!..I gave that up a long time ago. - im now just me... but because Im me.. i suck lol

Some great responses here. All my early teenage life I tried to sound/play like the top local guitar player on the local circuit that I used to go watch with my parents. One of them even worked in the local music shop, so you could go in a say "wow that song you played last nite sounded great, how did you get that sound" and he would be able to point you in the right direction with the right equipment but when you played you never sounded quite like him. he would then jump on and play and it sounded just like it did the night you saw him play. So I came to the conclusion I'm going to just have to put up with sounding like I do :)

I think the faster you give up trying to be like some rockstar, the better - why not being YOU? You will never be Slash, there is one Slash - well another one "/" is on keyoboard :D Focus on your technique, follow some learning path, practice step by step, accept what comes. I was always impressed with Paul Gilbert. Acquired his signature PGM301, even attended guitar workshop with him once. I learnt few riffs of him, but only by ear and watching YouTube (where to put fingers). I only know pentatonic LOL. I suck. But I can play two songs of Paul Gilbert to the part when solo comes or 16th notes at 140bpm or so :D I have great hearing but cannot follow any learning path.

@Andy
    I bought your pack number 2 some time ago. I couldn't justify its quality because I couldn't play like your samples. I think many of us think: "I buy profiles from XYZ I plug my guitar and I want this DEMO sample going through my monitors, hell yeah".

Unfortunately - fingers play.
    Unfortunately - you can make first impression only once.

So if this profile presented on website suddenly doesn't make such impression it is because of .. guitar? cable? Kemper? monitors? ..... well, because of player/you/me ;) First in the chain to make it great or make it suck.

Coming back to reality ;) I bought Andy's pack No2 and was scrolling through the profiles expecting.... expecting what? ..... expecting me to play better LOL. Too many profiles and why not all of them sound great? I must have played this "Trainwreck Ziggy" and I believe it was.... acceptable. What was acceptable? My playing was acceptable.

I often check Youtube for Kemper videos and recently I found this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought "wow I've got this Andy's profile of Trainwreck, let's try, these are simple riffs and I like Black Shuck by The Darkness" - and guess what? It sounded 90% the same - 10% of difference can make different pickup and my inability to play 100% like this guy on video.

If you can play just as the demo player with the same guitar, you can get really close :) Hey, fingers play. Not guitar, not cable, not even amp. That's why all demos are not open chords or 12 notes up the scale but nice improvisations.

Coming back to topic - I can confirm that "Trainwreck Ziggy" sounds really close on my telecaster to this clip (first part) including sensitivity to articulation and VOLUMNE knob on guitar

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

difference is - me playing and different pickup.

After restart, the bugs described here haven't occurred anymore. But they have occurred once.

I had also strange behavior for few seconds, no signal was coming into Kempers input. Tried few guitars on open VOL knob. After changing guitars and shaking cable it finally worked.. But this never happened before.

I found quite a few bugs so far. Today I deleted all my profiles from my Kemper using Rig Manager and I added some new profiles, After disconecting the Kemper from Rig Manager the kemper still lists all the old profiles, but it obviously can´t play them since they´re not in the Profiler anymore, and doesn´t recognise most of the new profiles. Lots of weird noises when I switch between profiles...

I also don't have any profiles on Kemper, but when I power off Kemper and power on again it shows last loaded profiles from Rig Manager - is it correct? When I use browse knob there are NO profiles.

Hi

I was just messing with new merged profiles by Thumas and I found strange behaviour of Kemper, while switching profiles using Rig Manager.

Firmware 3.0 Official Beta
    Rig Manager 1.3.1 on Windows 7

1) I play on "Mesa mk3 Merged 02" hi-gain profiile,
    2) I switch using Rig Manager to "Mesa mk3 clean Merged 01" clean profile - it still sounds hi-gain, but on LCD display you can see "clean"
    3) I engage DELAY on this profile - it works.
    4) I switch back to "Mesa mk3 Merged 02" hi-gain profiile, which has no DELAY engaged by default - you can hear the DELAY although it is not engaged in EFFECTS section, looks like it's copied from previous profile,
    5) I engage DELAY (I press button)
    6) I disengage DELAY - now delay disappears.

Knobs (VOLUME, Bass, Treble, etc) work correctly.

I have NO PROFILES stored on my Kemper, I load them using Rig Manager.

Can anyone try to recreate this?