Posts by skoczy

Hey GString! Is your name Edward? I hope ;) Here is "3 E's for Edward"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

skoczy - Have you tried the more recent HS8 / HS7 series and how do they compare to the HS80M? I'm not too worried about the size of the monitors and would assume the HS7 would be a little quieter anyway but let me know what you think. The Equator D5 is high on my list but I'd prefer to buy second hand and haven't seen any on the market.

NO. I haven't tried HS8/HS7 - just HS80M. But! Before I bought HS80M I had a chance to play Yamahas MSP5 (first revision) hooked to the Kemper. WOW, man the sound was sooooo bigggggg and true. I was much impressed, so was impressed the man (kind of sound engineer) that I bought my telecaster from - this tele on avatar. We were playing this telecaster on some JVM hooked to 4x12 Marshall cabinet. Then we put both speakers (MSP5) on top of JVM and played tele on some factory MESA rig. Really, these speakers seem small, but have plenty of power, musical power and the recreation of guitar amp was really accurate.

Unfortunately I didn't have funds for monitors then only for guitar. And when I had money to buy monitors I think I made mistake. I was reading forums etc for "something even better". And I bought HS80M instead buying something that worked for me.

If you have a chance - try them. Yamaha MSP5.

The bass was a Fender Jazz 5 string and the guitar was Gibson Les Paul. The bass profile used was a GK profile off of the rig exchange called "Gallien-Krueger 150C" and the guitar profiles were mainly "PRS Archon Z2M" with some "ReBorn Recto Orange" mixed in

Thanks for the info! The GK bass profiles on RE really do shine.

Hi Johnny333

I am using Equators D5 with Kemper in a small room (3.5m x 4.5m) - they are sufficient for that room size. I changed from Yamaha HS80M which were too big and too loud for my usage. My general usage is playing along backing tracks, noodling. I do not mix on them.

They can get really loud, as for my room size and with "good" profile they sound .... it's hard to describe sound with words ;) but they are very detailed and sound "full". Before Yamahas HS80M I had KRK RP6 G2 which were way too bassy.

HTH

The Britt profiles are good. I'm going to be profiling a JMP this weekend weather depending. I'll be posting here once they're available. I have free DSL profiles in the free profile forum which I think you may have checked out.

Your DSL2000 is superb, I'm looking to grab your JMP.

Sorry to answer to my own topic. But after I praised these profiles I decided to record my noodling. In fact I didn't expect to record 3 minutes long noodling

.As much as I su*k at playing guitar I recorded short clip (whole clip was about 3 minutes - I cut some worst material) to present how it sounds :)

How the profile sounds not my playing! ;)

Try these profiles boys and girls!

First two "parts" are plyed on humbucker on Chapman ML-1, last part is neck single coil on this guitar.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anyone else have a chance to try these? I know my site got bombarded with visits yesterday and this morning!

I just tried them on my Chapman ML-1. So meaty crunches. ME LIKE! Reaaaallly goood profiles. I am noodling now on "Rich's DSL100 Crunch2 SD1".

I never played tube amp :whistling: but with these... there is dark in my studio/room now, I set moderate volume on Equator D5 monitors, close my eyes and think.... goshhhh this must be the way tube amp sounds.

It reacts very good to guitar volume knob. Try this!