Posts by skoczy

But in a 3/4 or 6/8 beat the snare would be expected on the 3rd or 6th beat (which is not the case here).
    So, in summary, it's 4/4 for me, even if I'm in the minority. ;)

Well for me it's also 4/4 where 1st beat starts when first note of triplet starts. It is definitely not a WALTZ which is 3/4 ;) . All in all it's very interesting complex composition with simple notes ;) Tonight I will play with tap delay and try to make it.

don't have the kemper where i'm now but the delay is set so that each repetition coincide with the playing of each note.....should be a clue. the song tempo looks to be 3/4 and the delay is set in 8th notes comapred to the 3/4. so the delay should make a 6/8......but it is late and i might have calculated wrong......

the tempo might be 3/4 where player plays 1-2-3 and echo repeats 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3... and the echoed notes coincide with previos 3 notes

OR

the tempo also might be 4/4 where 1/4 is built on triplets where player plays 1 and echo repeats 2 3 and 4

1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3
    --1-- --2-- --3-- --4--

anyway - is this tap delay to start with? how to make 2nd 4rd and 4th repetition quieter than previous one?

Hi

Just before I bought Kemper 3 yrs ago I heard, what I think is, most touching and simple chords progression followed by that bazzzzzzz :) I said to myself "It's so simple, just 3 chords... why I couldn't write that..."

Anyway - what kind of delay/echo is that? For the first 11 seconds player picks 3 strings one time and another 3 times echo plays that 3 strings (every repetition is with lower gain). Is that kind of delay available in Kemper? What settings, how many miliseconds according to what tempo?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, this is AXE FX II test :)

The SSD will be the MAIN change in speed, not RAM. You will thank me after doing this and give your computer a few more years of usage.

The computer will work at speed of its slowest part - which in these days is Hard Drive with rotating/moving parts. Medium real (not advertised) access time for hard disks is 15 miliseconds, for SSD it is 0.1ms.

SSD can access files over 100x faster than HDD. You even don't know, but your system is working hard with many small files many times - add to it your activities, and bottlenecks are easy to arise.

I bought my first SSD when the performance was not that much better that HDD, and capacity/price ratio was sick. But later SSDs were cheaper, faster... Now I own 256GB SSD, but in terms of speed and smoothness of work I wouldn't like to see even 5TB HDD, thank you.

Now, changing from even "medium" SSD to medium "HDD" would be like selling Kemper and getting 5 PODs HD.

Look at "Completed Auctions" on eBay, to see what they are selling for at the moment.

This is what I always do when selling gear. Subtract small portion if you want to sell it faster, but it is premium product and you will find a buyer. Try also to search forums like gearslutz, thegearpage.net (if you're from US) maybe fractal forums even ;) they have subforums dedicated for trading.

Good luck selling your Kemper - I know it sounds semi awful. But first things first.

What country are you from?

Even if quality of guitars in this price range varies from piece to piece, I would not expect these kind of flaws. I bought Harley Benton guitar on Thomann for my nephew few years ago and it was exceptional quality for the money. This one: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harle…on_hbms620tr_egitarre.htm
    For 125€!

Not only I have problems with strings out of pole pieces and backplate touching the springs http://www.robchapman.tv/forum…1-neck-out-of-axis.31281/

This is not looking good. In this case I would simply return the guitar to Thomann. You are covered with 30-days return policy. In the past I returned AKAI MPD26 and changed it for Korg PadKontrol with no problem.

I know Thoman makes no problem with returns, I'll contact them tomorrow - it just takes time, I wanted good guitar. I wonder what happens if every guitar they open will have backplate touching the springs.

This is a brandnew guitar - I wouldn't bother trying to fix it myself. Return it, contact Rob Chapman, write a review on Thoman's website. You should have enough time to see if Rob Chapman replies - if not, simply return it to Thoman and mention that you are disappointed with the fact that you explicitly asked to check and setup the guitar and they didn't see the errors. In case you want to try another one, this should put people on alert and it's likely that the next delivery will be fine.

I already sent message to Rob from his website already and sent him links to the threads on Robchapman.tv forums.

Well I resigned from the chekup, because I wanted guitar faster at home. But I bet no one would notice that backplate touches the springs, since the tremolo is not installed by default.

I think that this backplate touching the springs may be in some range of these guitars.

Anyway - if you feel like it, contact Anderton's or Rob Chapman directly. This is not acceptable. Also, I have often asked myself, whether Thomann quality checks guitars, before they ship them. I ordered a guitar once - was disappointed with the setup - so I returned it, they set it up (more or less) and in the end, I gave it to my local luthier to get the final setup.

I asked Thomann before buying guitar if they can check guitar, like Andertons do. I meant string action, intonation, bridge saddles height etc. They said they can do simple setup for free but it will prolong packaging and shipment etc. If anyone checked this guitar, I think they would not ship it.

I have more - backplate is touching springs, the backplate is not flat when screwed to the body.

[Blocked Image: http://s27.postimg.org/dadtgq4mr/chapman4.jpg]

Look at the fingerboard - the strings are off-center on it, too.

I think the bridge screws could be loosened, and the bridge moved toward the treble side of the guitar a little bit.

Bridge cannot be moved to right because most left screw is in the hole of diameter the same as the screw. I could remove the screw, and move the bridge than, but that's not the case. All other 5 screws are in the holes that enables the bridge to move right.

Isn't that your new Chapman ML-1? Contact Anderton's or whatever dealer sent you this. I guess you will have to return it - and Chapman guitars might better maker sure that they send you a properly crafted instrument (just in case it's an ML-1).

Yes this is new Chapman ML-1 form Thomann. Unfortunately Thomann just sends guitars nit checking them - I think. I wonder if Andertons checks them before sending to Thomann....

what type of guitar is this? have you checked your neck? some distance out of pole center chould be ok! don't know if i have seen it so much as on your single coils. is the neck prpper fit? the strings is more to the bass side than the thin e-string side! on my guitars its more symmetrical

This is Chapman ml-1. Low E string is 3mm to the edge of the fretboard, high e string is 4mm - measured on the 24th fret. I don't know how to check proper neck fit. It looks like bridge was badly mounted.

$600 US is about 28% of the cost of a base Kemper itself. Pretty pricey for a utility accessory.

It is 1/3 of the cost of KPA here in Europe. I don't say it is not worth it, given design and functions included, but it is not 349E what I was predicting ;) 349E was the limit for me at the moment. I was hoping remote to be more of 1/4 of KPA's price.