Posts by skoczy

Well, reproduction of a bug is a premise for its fix.
    So let's just wait.

Since we have the same backup and I believe Kemper Profiler is the same hardware among the years - guys at Kemper will just load my backup in reference Profiler and perform procedure described here in 1st post and voila :) Like I said I don't know if it affects any functionality soundwise or parametric etc. But I felt need to post it.

Yeah let's wait :thumbup:

They'll normally send an email directly to you in response to tell you if they were able to reproduce the same behaviour.

Strange if they weren't able to reproduce the same behavior. Either they had another copy of Kemper Profiler (other hardware than mine) or other binary file (kpabackup). Since the latter is impossible (they have the same binary file as I have) only other hardware of Kemper Profiler could happen. Possible?

Does this crackling come from headphones/monitors connected directly to KPA? Because I understand that you connected KPA to some interface and recorded sample from some profile.

Interesting! You might post this to support! ;)

Could you provide me info how to do that Ingolf? Like I said it was by pure accident. I would never press RIG UP, RIG DOWN when there is only 1 rig available :) Some time ago I also posted on forums (don't know if anyone of Kemper team was reading it) - when many rigs available, when I reach last rig and press NEXT RIG (right) or RIG UP (up) it seems like Kemper changes last rig to the same last rig for no reason making gap in sound, although the buttons (UP and RIGHT) seem like grayed out.

Probably by accident I noticed today, that when I press RIG UP or RIG DOWN (scrolling available rigs by letter) strange characters appear on LCD.

I recorded short movie. I switch from All rigs, to Favourites (just one rig) and when I keep pressing RIG UP or RIG DOWN some trash appears on screen.
    Here is the link to youtube video.
    I don't know if it affects anything like sound quality etc, but it doesn't come from nowhere.

I repeated this test for All Rigs (number of 255) and after reaching first or last letter of rigs by pressing RIG UP, RIG DOWN - all is fine

I don't know it this topic is actual. But just while ago, after playing "TAF - Evil Robot BLUES" on my new AUDIO TECHNICA ATH M50 i switched back to AKG K240 MKII. What a dull and lifeless cans.

Holy SH***********************T

I never had amp tube. But I heard how the sound. How clean beings to break. And the string ringing clean but covered by some grit. I liked Youtube samples of good profiles. But never came close....
    I was scrolling through my rigs. Bought some but hadn't time to explore. And "A-Evil Robot Blues" WOW!

UPDATE!!!

UPDATE!!!

I was playing on my new headphones Audio Technica ATH M50. Sweet mother of universe!!!!

Before I had AKG K240 (and sold 271 Studio) but I hadn't time to compare...
    I put back AKG K240 MKII - what a GARRRRRBAEGE ;( Believe me. They sound like someone put towel between the can/speaker and my ear.

Some glory BEYERDYNAMIC 770/880/990 - I haven't tried them, but ATH M50 are stellar. I bought them on reviews on fractal forum (I don't own axe ;) I was searching for opinions)

I just sold AKG K271 Studio and they were the same lifeless for Kemper as AKG 240 MKII. What a shame. No way I will shortly review ATH M50 in "Other Gear" subforum.

I wonder if I can make experiment. Put headphones onto my condenser mic and record output from both headphones. I'll try. Now going back to noodling :thumbup:

In my opinion the reason that patches are stored from USB into internal memory is I think, access time. Loading rig from internal flash (KPA memory) to another internal flash (KPA memory) takes blink of an eye. About USB you know - it's external to KPA in some way and not so fast as flash ROM or RAM. Just look when you import for example 100 rigs (or more). I believe that manual switching of 100 rigs would be faster that importing 100 rigs. Just my opinion...

Hi

Interested if any Kemper folk uses Equators D5 to amplify Kemper. Especially interested if you swapped from "lower" shelf like KRK KP etc. I have read that they being coaxial have terrific sweet spot, as well as built DSP helps to manage crucial range of 900-3000kHz of mids in perfect shape. They also beat many monitors of 1500$ range.

Comments like this are not hard to be found across music gear forums (fractal, TGP, gearslutz):

Fantastic! I got a pair two months ago, and they destroy every other monitor I've ever heard. My custom IEM's don't even get close.
    I also love the fact that the material is scratch-resistant, unlike every other near-field monitor I know about.
    The sonic detail from the Axe through these is another level of clarity.

Anyone?

hej

nigdy nie odwiedzałem tego podforum, a tu taka niespodzianka :rolleyes: anyway - jest ktoś z WWy?

niestety, nie jestem przekonany jak niektórzy, jakoś nie słyszę tego "oomph", a jak kręcę gałką gain w Kemperze w prawo to po pewnym czasie... przester jak z taniego vst. może spróbuję zrestartować/zresetować.

wziąłem zachwalany profile Marshall Golub Crunch, na YT jest sample, że ślina mi leci, u mnie to brzmi płasko jakoś no i przester po piaskowemu, nie wiem czy to gitary, kabel, kemper

pozdrawiam
    t

Hi

Interesting article.

When shopping for studio monitor speakers, you probably spend countless hours researching the highest ratings and pouring through many comments on forums, but you probably haven’t ever thought about what kind of impact the room itself has on your sound system.

We have a thesis that the monitors themselves actually vary in just the slightest ways and the studio or room is the greatest factor in determining what you hear. In many cases, this causes issues creating your ideal output, but put the insulated padding away – we’ve got a solution to this seemingly complex problem.

Check frequency responses before and after calibration.

Before:
    [Blocked Image: http://sonarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SW_C1_Frequency_response_before.png]

After calibration:
    [Blocked Image: http://sonarworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SW_C1_Frequency_response_after.png]

Wasn't it requested for Kemper to have such calibrator? ;)

Tom

Hi

Firmware 2.4.2.9817

I discovered that after KPA boots, when going from BROWSER to TUNER, even if MUTE SIGNAL is engaged, signal is still being heard. Then if I disengage MUTE SIGNAL and engage it again, signal is muted. Then when going from BROWSER to TUNER again if the MUTE SIGNAL is engaged, singal is muted = correctly.

It happens only after KPA boots and when switching to tuner for the first time. MUTE SIGNAL in fact doesn't mute signal then.

Tom