Posts by MoreK

Ok, looks like that my problems are somewhere in the guitar. It's a Jackson from early 90's, need to check the electronics. But wire or joint somewhere, I guess.... Well, I'm glad KPA is just fine.

I had occasional volume drops in last gig. Volume decreased some 50%, then came back automatically. This all happened within 5-10 seconds.

I still suspect the problem is in my monitor cab, but ofcourse the source can be Kemper and the new 1.8.0. But your post seem to be the only one with similar problem I have founds so far....

+1

After playing KPA for a year or so now, sometimes you forget how fantastic piece of gear it is. Both in studio and live. I have not touched Amplitube and Guitar Rig ever since, and my Engl amp+cab collects dust in the rehearsal room.

Thanks CK & the team!

Updated from 1.5.2 with no issues. For me everything sounds like before, that is... very good :thumbup:

Deleting non-Favourites seem to be a nice feature. I just cut my profiles down to 50 from 700+.

Any recommendations for country style (chicken pickin', Telecaster, twang....) profiles? Free and commercial. There are couple of profiles I'm using, but would love to hear what you guys prefer. I'd also love to hear what settings/effects you prefer in country style playing. Thanks!

Good for you, Brett.

For classic country sounds, try adding a compressor for extra sustain and maybe a delay to get a nice slap-back effect. Also cutting treble with Kemper EQ or guitar tone pot may give a fatter sound.

:thumbup:

Baja plays well with Kemper. Baja's original pickups are excellent, if you like famous Fender tone and "twang" with bridge pickup. Try Golub Marshal profile with neck pickup and you get a very nice blues crunch. Try Fender profiles with bridge pickup and start "chicken pickin'", works like charm.

I switched my pickups to DiMarzio Area T after starting to play in a classic rock band. They work well in rock, but I'm missing the original pickups, so I'm considering to change them back - especially as I have couple of new guitars and don't need to take Baja to rehearsals and gigs anymore.

About saddles, if you want to change and want to keep the original sound, don't get six individual saddles. Two-string brass saddles give better sustain and balls. But before changing, normal two-string saddles are just fine IMHO, check out this article to improve intonation:
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/s…tech-tips/saddle_up_your/

Baja is one of those guitars in my collection that I won't sell any time soon, maybe ever.

10 - and although my wife doesn't believe, I need them all! :D

Ruokangas Mojo Deluxe
    Fender Strat - Clapton Custom Shop signature
    Kramer Elliot Easton -89
    Jackson Exotic Dinky -93
    Fender Baja Telecaster
    Les Paul (from Wolf factory, Korea)
    PRS style hollow body (from Wolf factory, Korea)
    Nylon string acoustic
    Martin steel string acoustic
    Speedster Traveler

Dinky is a new one and missing from the picture, as well as Speedster. And yeah, I've got a Yamaha bass too:

[Blocked Image: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~morek/gtr/guitars.jpg]

I feed other KPA channel to FOH and other to my personal monitor - so, everything is mono. Feeding stereo to PA would be overkill. In a rock band with drums, bass, guitar, keyboard and vox the biggest challenge is to get a balanced mix throughout frequencies. No-one in audience would hear fancy stereo delays and rotary effects.

Just go to Rig Exchange and search with "Golub", it's right there. Yep, it's a great profile, one of my all time favourites. I'm using it regularly when gigging.

I have a FCB1010 controller which I have programmed to send control
    messages 0-127 to midi cc#7 with the expression pedal B. When I press
    the pedal I get a pop up message on Kemper screen:

Module is empty.

Please select a type or preset.

Then nothing happens, volume does not change. The message pops up only once after every reboot.

I have tried different settings in Rig volume pedal section but no luck.

Any thoughts, have I missed something? I'm using release 1.1.0.