Posts by jakeykim

I would like the rating system to be replaced by "Like" button (as somebody has already suggested). Those who didn't like (or didn't think their cup of tea) the profile: Don't bother. Those who enjoyed/liked it: Click like button - you don't have to spend time figuring out how many stars. That way, we'll have general idea on how good the profile is. -Jake (P.S. I did like your profiles but didn't rate them...)

Since the addition of the new gates stomp (Gate 4:1, 2:1), what I have been doing to all of my profiles is to zero out the front panel noise gate and engage 4:1... I don't know other people's preference, but for me, 4:1 works much better. So... I was wondering if it is possible to replace the front-panel noise gate with the 4:1 or 2:1, so that I don't have to sacrifice a slot in the STOMPS section. Maybe, an option can be added to SYSTEM, which can allow users to choose which noise gate to use by default.

Thanks!
    Jake

Thank you very much for sharing the great profiles. Most of them, if not all, sounded great to me and became my favorite (some of them were low on volume, which needed some adjustment and I know this is what is determined by the profiling process automatically). This was the amp I've been waiting for and we have only a couple of profiles (which I like also, combined with Tills Cab) available and these are the great addition. Playing the profiles, I was immediately in late 80's heavy metal heaven (and hell!). :thumbup: -Jake

Via midi is ok, but if you quickly turn the chickenhead the risk of switching off the unit is there....very bad on stage. I use midi.

Just in case you haven't noticed: KPA won't turn off immediately even if the chickenhead is turned to the switch-off position. You have a split second until KPA completely shut down. So, if you turn the knob back to the other position promptly enough, the unit will stay on.... :D That said, yeah, it's still a kind of risky...

(sorry, i haven't followed all the previous posts; just posting to join the request) To me, it's so obvious that the rig management tool is one of the additions with the highest value and utility to KPA. (And I have no doubt it is so to many other KPA users.) It is because of the very nature of the KPA, which we like: it may have virtually 100+ amps, effect presets, cabs etc. For instance, it takes significant amount knob turning just to compare two different cabs. I am worried that some knobs are worn out quickly or break eventually. I know the tool will be coming with all that MIDI implementation publicized, but it would be really nice to see it done by Kemper Team! :rolleyes:

No, honestly... thx guys that you like it so much. But when i took that profile that i extracted the cab from i didnt like it, because it sounded way too sharp for me and at first i wanted to delete it. However it seems to work nicely for some users who combine it with their amp profiles. I guess that it can help to compensate if the amp section profile sound lacks some high mids and treble.

I noticed from one of your posts that you prefer Tills 015, which is darker sounding than 006. I think what you said above is absolutely true; The 006 compensates for the muddiness in a profile. Many of the stock profiles sounded quite muddy to my taste, and boom, this 006 saved them all, which made me keep KPA. I call 006 the "legendary" cab (or "THE cab" in short). It's in your face and have lots of presence, which goes incredibly well with the music I like. Again, thank you so much for all the cabs (and those JVM profiles as well) you created; all of them are simply "priceless" to me.

Even if the profile sounds like ass, the cab might be great.

I will keep this in mind :) -Jake

Thank you very much for those fantastic profiles. All of your profiles work great for me.

I find that, if I like a certain profile, then usually most of the profiles from the author are my favorite, regardless of amps. I don't know why :) -Jake

I am not sure this has been asked. I've searched to no avail, so here's my question: Is there a way to use my Midi pedal to browse through rigs? (I know I can assign a rig a PC, but my questions is, can Midi pedal act as left/right or up/down button on KPA?)

Regards,
    Jake

Today, I had an outdoor gig. As usual, the KPA delivered its superb tones to the gig! Some audience came to me and commented the tones were so close to the recording. Just amazing. BTW, it was very sunny and I wasn't get to play under the shade. My Midi Mate's LED display was not visible AT ALL, which put me in trouble... I learnt some good lesson.

On the other hand, I was thinking it would be really great if this KPA foot controller have the display that is visible even under strong sunlight. I don't know if there's such light source or display, that is not super expensive. But, that would be a great plus!

Jake