Posts by jakeykim

No output from S/PDIF - Problem solved

As I replied back to Burkhard from KPA support (thanks a lot, mate!):
    "The suggestion to "Push and hold two buttons - AMPLIFIER and CABINET - while you switch on the device and directly move the chickenhead knob into PROFILER position" etc, worked and I now have the s/pdif working just fine!
    One thing that you may need to know, for other users, is that since everything was initialized I did a restore from my latest backup (yesterday before I upgraded to 1.07) and I lost s/pdif output again. So I did the above process again and then I re-loaded the rigs and cabs (not by a previous backup, but by the standerd process by putting them in the Shared folder)"

I also got reply from KPA support right away and got the same instruction, which solved my issue too.

One thing to note is that this reset seems to wipe ONLY the MIDI assignment; all other rigs/amps/cabs etc remains intact.

Thanks for the prompt support!

With FW1.0.7PB, I have the same problem here in Cupertino, CA.

Sound is heard only until it completes rebooting. No sound thereafter... Ouch.

I will have to contact Customer support as well.

Jake

+1. Exactly, what I was thinking about. This "stomp" invert function will be MUCH more useful and powerful, if we are able to configure each of the FX slots either 'inverted' or not, by this switch, PER patch. I guess that implementing this should be no-brainer, given the functions the KPA already has.

BTW, I like the simple idea of KPA having the FX slots linked to CCs :).

Thank you so much Guitarnet70 and Schneidas, the problem has been solved. The key seems to be set the master level at 0dB.

IMHO, I don't think this is a right design, because it could be dangerous when one switch to, say, XLS out w/o realizing S/PDIF-out has been in use and doesn't allow one to use both outs simultaneously. My axe-standard's S/PDIF out's level is independent of master level (on the front panel), which I think is right. The KPA team should be able to fix this, because it looks to me a matter of how FW is coded :) .

Thanks again to all for the kind help.

I know this is old thread, but I can't find the follow up so I decide to post here. Is S/PDIF out supposed to work on FW 1.0.6? I am trying to use it now. M-audio can sync to external s/pdif at 44.1kHz, but is getting absolutely no signal, no matter what ;( . Is there any setting that I need to configure (not likely)? Is anybody using S/PDIF out of KPA?

Jake

Thank you for pointing to the thread. It's a little disappointing to hear, because my $199 zoom G3 can do it (and all I want is to be able to play music through it from computer, not even recording)...

Most likely, the file name was corrupted in the course of uploading or something like that. It looks to me that the software, being beta, is not robust enough to tolerate such anomaly. I am sure KPA team will work on that, since it got brought to their attention. The new profile Bill re-uploaded is 100% fine and rocks hard. Rest is assured. --Jake

When the 'autoload' option (the small box appearing at top right corner, when browsing profiles) is checked, the rig is loaded immediately as soon as the cursor is on that rig (profile). So, just turning the knob and making the cursor pass over that profile in question would lead to that soft error, regardless of me staying on or trying that rig. I hope it is the same thing for you, as it can be solved easily.

Jake

I think I saw a similar request in somewhere else than here, but just thought I would post here again (Sorry, if it was already posted):

It would be really great to have USB audio feature, not only for re-amping (for many professionals) but also for the late-night practice through headphone (for weekend warriors like me), jamming along with CD/MP3 track. The headphone out would have much higher value if this feature is implemented.

Thanks, Jake

Please check if you have Rockman X100 profile. I think I got the same error and found that the original version of that profile (bad file) was the culprit. Originally, I had "Auto-load" option checked, and every time i get to pass on that profile, the KPA crashed with that error and had to reboot. If that is the case for you, just uncheck the 'Auto-load', locate the cursor at the profile, and delete it. Just upload the new version the author quickly reuploaded. Problem solved for me. Good luck --Jake.

Uncheck the 'Autoload". Then I was able to move cursor to the profile and 'delete'. It worked well. Will wait for the fixed version. Thanks! Jake

But Why? I heard he´s into cloud computing now :D

He was the guy who commercialized the PC board design that his friend Wozniak was about to share with public for free. That was Apple computer :D

BTW, what is the best way to delete all the cabs at once (as you suggested). The only way I know to delete a cab is to turn the browser knob, then click 'delete' and 'ok'.... We really DO need the editor... :S

Jake

Hi Radley,

When you say "direct", am I supposed to use "send" of the preamp or "cab-simulated" direct out of the preamp (which IMO sounds pretty crappy)? I thought about doing so, because Tills cab sounds sooooo good. For me, it made almost all the profiles come alive! (Thank you, Till!!). Actually, I was almost about to return the KPA, before I got to use them...

That'll great. I am very interested :) Clean and distorted. I will look forward to trying it. Thanks Radley.

BTW, I have a Rocktron Piranha, which I would love to profile. I haven't done it yet... I don't have any good microphone to use for profiling. Maybe I will get it done someday and sell the preamp.

Also, I'd really like the profile of ADA MP-1... Anybody?