Posts by HELL-G

Hi there and welcome. The manual says:

You will need to use an empty USB stick in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the Kemper
    Profiler for the first time. When you connect a USB stick for the first time, the Kemper Profiler will format it
    to ensure maximum reliability.

In order to transfer these files from your Mac or PC to your Kemper Profiler, please copy them to the direc-
    tory called “Shared” on your dedicated USB stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot on the rear
    panel of your Kemper Profiler and switch to Browse mode. Wait for a couple of seconds and then press the
    soft button “External Storage.” You will then be presented with an option to import the new content. Im-
    porting the content will merge the new data with your existing profiles, rigs and performances.
    ✔✔Unlike other platforms, you don’t need to unmount the USB stick, you can simply remove it once the task
    is completed.
    ✔✔In certain cases you may want to merge a backup with the existing content. To do so, copy the backup in
    question from the “Backups” to the “Shared” folder using your Mac or PC and perform an import as de-
    scribed above.

Unzip the archive you received from TAF.

Enjoy the new profiles.

Ok, i guess there's a problem when you set the lightpipe sync to SPDIF as the connection gets lost. There's somewhat like two digital devices that need to be mastered by the Profiler. But have a look on the analog connection again, it must be getting to work. I'm out for now, (no more VADER i swear) will check back tomorrow.

I think it could be a sync problem. But as i do not know your hardware it's just a guess. Have you tried a completely analog connection between Profiler and DAW? The Profiler must be Master if a digital connection is applied, maybe the circumstance that you use the afore mentioned HW is the cause for syncing issues?

I forgot to mention this is yet another potential use for my requested feature of being able to assign any KPA parameter to an expression pedal on a rig-by-rig basis. See 18:18 of this video for an example of how the POD HD500 can simulate feedback using the harmonizer:

Andertons JTV-59P/HD500 demo

I do the same thing with my RP355 on the Floyd song Don't Leave Me Now.

As we wait for that implementation the ducked Pitch shifter may help out. I amazed my Bandmates with infinite feedback without a cab pumping air :D .

Which OS are you on on the Profiler? Check the manual for the dedicated reamping procedure and it's corresponding parameters implemented withe the latest release. Is your clean sense set properly? Does the DI track (recorded through the Profiler?) show audible clipping? Check if the input LED shows red when reamping.

Can you please post your recording with the guitar tracks only? It's quite hard to evaluate the flaws in the guitar tracks with everything else thats going on in that track.

Even without the direct monitor feature you still can mute the respective track in Cubase, right? I mute both SPDIF Inputs on my Focusrite Mixcontrol to deactivate direct monitoring, activate software monitoring in Logic and mute the DI track so i just hear the Rigs sound. Brings in some minor latency, but i do not feel or hear it.

Setting the Sync source to SPDIF is mandatory when using the SPDIF connection. This setting makes the Profiler the master. Try setting the samplerate to 48kHz and then back to 44.1kHz to make sure the clocks have synced and locked. Can you provide the rig in quiation so we could check if the issue is reproducable?

I just mute the DI track while recording. No need to monitor it. May be that's alll you need to do? Which DAW and interface are you using?