Posts by HELL-G

Nabend, ich wollte mal nachfragen, ob es im Raum Essen/Ruhrgebiet den einen oder anderen Profiler User gibt. Ich hätte mal Lust, eine Profiling Session zu starten. Wir haben im Proberaum eine Recordingkabine, die das Profilen sehr komfortabel macht. Diverse Peripherie ist natürlich auch gegeben (Monitore, Mics). Ich habe schon meinen Marshall geprofiled, ein Orange, ein Roland JC-160 und ein Engl stehen auch noch bereit, Cabs von ENGL, Orange und Marshall sind auch da (Mann, soviel Zeug :wacko: ), im Kühlschrank findet sich immer ein kühles Getränk. Bei Interesse könnte man sich mal für einen noch näher zu beziffernden Zeitraum dort einschließen und dem UFO ca. 1000 mal beim landen zuhören. Lasst mal was hören.

Glück Auf!

I'm really surprised what you guys sometimes come up with. :D
    Great thoughts, wrong target. Come on, this Kemper Profiler is a great tube amp simulator with some neat effects built-in. But you don't want to replace the FOH guy and his MIDAS Pro9 by putting everything inside the small lunchbox, do you? We're not talking about a mixing & mastering console and it's not a 192x192 routing switch and so on.

In my opinion, sometimes people think way to much into this small and amazing piece of gear. Can't you just be happy with and enjoy what it is? 31 band EQ, Fletcher Munson curve EQ ... wow, cool down and let's keep things simple and usable, please.

Thanks
    Martin

+1 :D

For recording, no correction is needed. We are talking about live use and monitoring, not recording. Studio FRFR should be trusted more whereas we KNOW that most FRFR PA speakers need EQ.

If the correction was made in a room with severe nodal issues like most small rooms have then prerecorded music could possibly sound better too. If you have ever analized a room, you would know that drastic curves are common in the lower freqs.

To be fair, I am suggesting that the speaker needs correcting, not necessarily the room also. An amp in the room suffers from room resonance too. I would just like to have a better EQ to help normalize the FRFR speaker.

For recording, no correction is needed. We are talking about live use and monitoring, not recording. Studio FRFR should be trusted more whereas we KNOW that most FRFR PA speakers need EQ.

If the correction was made in a room with severe nodal issues like most small rooms have then prerecorded music could possibly sound better too. If you have ever analized a room, you would know that drastic curves are common in the lower freqs.

To be fair, I am suggesting that the speaker needs correcting, not necessarily the room also. An amp in the room suffers from room resonance too. I would just like to have a better EQ to help normalize the FRFR speaker.

Musicman65, I did not refer to recording. I meant to point out that the sound of a system with an EQ curve as displayed by TylerHB reproducing a well done recording will be suboptimal. If the speakers were FRFR a curve like that would not be necessary. Of course a PA set up in a room needs adjustment, working as FOH engineer i should be aware of that. But i never worked on a system that could be eqed sufficiently to an acoustically insufficient room. I always got the response "The room sucks" by the pro techs that had set up the system (not that i ever had a show at Royal Albert Hall or would've had enough time on a line check to change room-eq :whistling: ).
    How do we set up a 31 band eq without an analyser? Would i set it to a curve like that? Would Tyler have set it up like that without the auto eq function (to a system by the way that is meant to be set up on a pole and not on the floor)? Or would i turn down Bass on the Monitor out eq to quench boominess and raise treble and/or presence to optimize cutting through the mix?
    I listen to my profiler through a pair of decent Monitors in my by no means acoustically treated livingroom. If it gets boomy => -anything on the out eq and i'm done. Peace.
    I respect the request, but i would not sacrifice DSP power to a feature that can be covered by the already available ones.

Another thing. Do I have to set the soundcard to external - spdif everytime I want to record with the Kemper? It seems I have to switch back to the "internal" setting whenever I need to listen to mp3:s an other sounds and when I turn off the Kemper the soundcard says "sync unlocked" and noise comes out of the speakers.

Exactly this.

I think documentation is sufficient, just find all available manuals on the support page-

From Profiler Basics Manual:

Noise gate knob (13)
    This knob controls the NOISE GATE, which eliminates the noise and hum of your guitar in a very smart way. Turn the NOISE GATE knob to the right, until noise and hum have disappeared; do not turn it beyond that point, as this might alter the sound of your guitar. When set to the appropriate position, you will no- tice that the noise gate is capable of eliminating noise and hum, even when the strings still sound. There is no need for an additional release control as in classic noise gates. The noise gate settings can be stored as part of a rig.
    With the chicken-head set to Profiler mode, the noise gate will also work with the connected amplifier, but without interfering with the result.

Unlock the input section of the Profiler in order to save the input settings per rig. Be aware that you should check the input settings of the rigs you use as they might have been saved with different settings.

I see this differently.

When Users have a bad experience with linear speakers, they will utilize an eq for adapting the sound in the direction of a guitar cab, rather than linearising the speakers.
    It is simply impossible to linearise speakers by listening to a guitar sound.
    Your example of using the Behringer eq for creating a more pleasant sound was very nice, but has got nothing to do with linearising your speakers.
    It's even the opposite: No linear speaker shows frequency errors of up to 15 dB; you have delinearised it. Was your initial idea to linearise it?

I agree to Christoph. I wonder how a well mixed recording will sound on your system with an EQ curve like that. Doesn't seem that it would come out very linear or pleasant sounding with that drastic settings. And i don't see the point in adding tools to take out the flaws of equipment connected to the Profiler.

I would like to have the soft buttons above the display in EQs as an on/off or compare switch for the frequency bands in view in order to compare the impact of a chosen setting to the un-eq-ed band. Short press sets EQ gain to zero, press and hold toggles between latest and actually set value.

Same functionality would be applicable on other modules settings.

With DI Profiles it is recommended that the CAB SIM stays on.

Quote:

We are sharing 25 preamp profiles. The preamp signals have been picked from the Send of the tube amps' effect loop connecting it with the Return of the Profiler. Such profiles should be played through tube amplifier and guitar cabinet. Instead of using a separate tube power amp you could also feed the signal into the Return of a tube amp's effect loop. In any case the cab simulation of the Profiler should stay activated, because it has an impact on the sound.