Posts by Stemast

I've gone back and forth between 1.06 Stable and 1.07 PB several times now and each time 1.07 PB S/PDIF stops working upon load of the first profile after boot. Each time I go back to 1.06 Stable S/PDIF works as expected. I also use S/PDIF exclusively so I'm blocked on 1.07 PB in its current version.

Cheers,
    Mike

I know exactly how that feels. I bought a new audio interface last Friday, just because the s/pdif was not working properly in my previous one (a motu). I only enjoyed playing through it during the weekend...

But I have to admit that analogue output sounds great anyway and I think that the latency is a bit better now (I believe some other friend has mentioned that already).

Guys ..just to be clear :
    S/PDIF works for me right now (FW 1.07) BUT I do not have any control on the volume like I had with 1.06..it's always on full..I verified that the master works on analog outs and it does..
    I guess we have two different problems here..

I raised my s/pdif issue with support, Bruno. Maybe you could do the same, if not already.

Sorry, just to clarify. SPDif out worked on 1.0.6 for you and now on 1.0.7 it doesn't work any longer for you as well?
    Same setup as before, same settings, just the new firmware?

Just the firmware update, Schneidas. Nothing different, no rigs, no changed settings, e.t.c

Exactly same issue here.
    S/PDIF works while rebooting and stops when reboot is finished and KPA is on.

I see some profiles have appeared on the Rig Exchange from Andertons.
    Im assuming this is Andertons Store in the UK, as they are now stocking the KPA and have been Cornford stockists for years.
    Im hoping they do their usual and get Chappers and The Captain to do one of their normally very entertaining video reviews of the KPA. I wouldn't be surprised if the profiles are the results of such a soon to be released review.
    What with all the recent european mag reviews, the mipa award and at least 1 UK magazine review coming up soon it looks like things are really starting to take off for the little lunch box.

I tried them last night, very good profiles.

False alarm! The KPA is absolutely fine! Pheeewww!

It's actually the shitty Motu Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid that causes the problem, all its inputs are so faulty, so loose. Damn thing, I never really liked it anyway. Time for a discent interface.

It just happened again, without any reason at all. I was playing a random rig for quite a while and suddenly no sound from the right channel at all.

I turned the KPA off and did a System Reset, but the problem is still here. Back to the support guys.

No idea if it helps in this case, but it did with the monitor out: try making a System reset by booting keeping "System" pressed...worth a try

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, Guitarnet70. Much appreciated.

The support guys were very quick and not even 10 min after I raised the issue with them they replied to me and suggested the same as you did!
    Also suggested updating to v1.06 (I was already on this version, since it came out).

I've done the System reset, it works fine for the time being (same as last night, when i turned it off and turned it on in the morning and after a while i had the same problem) but I need to wait for 30-60 min to confirm if it's solved or not.

Thanks again, mate!

A very disturbing issue started to happen since last night.
    After I have the KPA on and play for about 30-45 minutes (or even if I don't play but have the KPA on and then after 30min start to play), there's no sound from the right analogue audio output, it stops and only the left is fine.

(Yes, I have checked the pan, balance e.t.c)

I switch to the s/pdif outputs and are just fine. Then again I switch to the analogue ones and only the left channel is audible.

Anyway, I have already emailed KPA support, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

What a great thinking and post, Mats!!! Congratulations!!!

And a great thanks to all of you who spend precious time to share with us their amazing rigs!!!