Posts by net99

Hi Bjorn, can I ask when you say you profile these direct out from the efx loop, what do you mean? Do you mean connecting the efx send from the amp efx loop to the return on the KPA?
    Or do you use a cab simulated output from the amp?

Thanks.

Hi,
    My setup:
    Guitar > KPA guitar IN, KPA Direct out > MB input, MB effect send > KPA return.
    So only preamp profiled from MB, (read somewhere that Mesa Hi-Gain amps have mostly of there "soundcharacter" in the preamp), anyway I am happy with the result :)
    // Björn

Hi,
    I made some more profiles with my Mesa.
    This time I made them direct from Mesa effectloop out to KPA.
    I added some effects and Tills cab to the profiles that sounds good to my ears :)

1. Orange Modern
    2. Orange Modern, with little more gain and bas then #1
    3. Red Vintage
    I have changed the "Clarity" parameter some based on a tip I read in this forum.
    It´s the only thing I changed from original profile exept adding some stomps, effects
    and cab.
    I made a soundclip you can listen to if you want.
    1 = rig #1 Left and right (I think you get it then you listening)
    2 = rig #2 Left and right
    3 = rig #1 left and #2 right
    http://soundcloud.com/bj-rn-gottfridsson/kemper-test-2

(Rig #3 I never recorded cause I use that for lead)
    Enjoy, (or not)
    // Björn

Hi,
    This is my first upload of some rigs I am using.
    1. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier MultiWatt Orange Modern with Tills cab MB 4x12 015
    2. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier MultiWatt Red Vintage with Tills cab MB 4x12 012
    I profiled my Mesa DualRecto with my own cab a Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Slant but Tills cab´s sound much better so I switched to them instead.
    Using one fore rythm and one for lead. (hardrock/Metal).
    I am not a pro just a happy amateur so it would be nice to get some feedback what you other think about them :)
    A big thanks to everyone who sharing so much great rigs and cabs :)
    (You find them in the rig exchange).
    // Björn

Hi,
    I noticed a thing I don´t know if it should be like that.
    If I take my guitar and put it directly in to my guitar amplifier, (Mesa Boogie Dual Recto), and listening to the sound from my speaker cabinet. (Most noticible on a clean sound).
    Then take my guitar into KPA and direct out to my amplifier and listening to the sound, there is a difference, (brighter sound), so the signal "straight through" is difference. (not bad but different). ?(
    I first noticed that with 1.0.6 beta so I downgraded to 1.0.4 even did a "system reset" but that did not help.
    Maybe you have discussed this earlier but I did not find anything about it.
    Should it be like that ?
    Regards
    // Björn

Hej Ola :)
    Du var nog här före mig så jag vet inte om det är du eller jag som ska säga välkommen :thumbup:
    Anyway, I must say i love your youtube channel alot, your videos about KPA was the reason I decide to buy one.
    If you ever have a chance to profile the sound you using from Mesa Mark V in your videos I be one of the first to download those cause I realy love them. Hope you don´t mind I put those links here.
    Looking forward to any profile you make, cause I don´t think you can make any bad one :)
    By the way, the new amp you got sounds like a monster !!!
    // Björn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HXfoexXsU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEorjsCvlTQ

Hi and welcome ;)
    I am doing some pr for it in Sweden and I have talked to a friend working on 4sound in Sweden.
    He is checking the KPA out and he told me they probably want to start selling this in Sweden :thumbup:
    Lets hope that = more KPA users in the north in the future ???
    // Björn

Hi,
    Only had my KPA a couple of days and I experience the same problem.
    Have only done one upgrade and it is to version 1.0.4.

Done some testing:
    Setup: Guitar -> KPA -> Headphones (in KPA), nothing else.

Hope I made "system reset ..." the right way.
    Turn of KPA - press and hold "system" -Turn on KPA.
    1. Test with a rig I profiled myself inkluding some stomps and effects in KPA.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Turn on KPA and listen to the sound
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and the sound is different.
    2. Test with same rig but turn of stomps and effects in KPA and save as a new rig.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and the sound is different.
    3. Test with same rig but turn of stomps, effects and STACK in KPA and save as a new rig.
    - load rig
    - Turn of KPA
    - Browse to the same rig and load it and this time I can´t tell if the sound is different.
    So maybe the problem is in the "Stack module" ?
    According to my taste the sound is better after turn on KPA and don´t reload the rig.

Conclusion.

Setup in Studio:
    Load the rig you want to record - turn of KPA - turn on KPA - newer change rig :wacko:
    Maybe a solution but not so practical ???
    Liverig:
    ???
    (Hope you understand cause my English is not he best).
    // Björn

My name is Björn and got my Kemper this week.
    Have a small home studio and playing in a band called Hollow Breed. http://www.hollowbreed.com
    I really like this magical thing.
    Think I can find my guitar sound I've been looking for since 1976 now :)

Have a nice Kemper weekend everybody \,,/

// Björn

Hi,
    Found this in the reference manual:
    Tap Left & Tap Right settings:
    Setting both taps to the same value will produce a mono delay, while different values will create a ping-pong delay.
    Hope this helps :)

// Bjorn