Posts by net99

No no, what I mean is, on my KPA without using rig manager, how do I know/see on the screen if a Profile is an old one from 2 years ago or a new Direct Amp Firmware 3 Profile?

As far as I know there's no way of telling.

Okay :)
    I have no clue, also want to know if that is possible?

These latest Profiles are brilliant, thanks Bjorn.

Now someone please explain to me how you identify a "merged" Direct Amp Profile from a Studio Profile???

Thank you Guitartone :)

I don´t know if I understand your question correctly?
    But if you first make a Studio profile, (amp + cab + mic), and then a Direct Amp Profile (amp), copy cab, (cab + mic), from the studio profile to DAP profile and save it as a Merged profile.
    Then Studio profile and Merged profile should sound identical right?

What I did in my little test is to see if the result is more identical if you refine or not on the DAP profile.
    My result is that they sound more identical if you refine the DAP profile.

Hope you understand what I mean for my English is not the best :)

same as above.
    gs

Hi G String,
    Same for me I guess?
    Already paid with Paypal.

From:24 Jan 2015 13:52:00 Order number: 3447166 Shipping costs:0 €Total sum:499,00 €
    You're participating to our early bird program and your Kemper Profiler Remote order will be shipped with priority. Please stay patient.

// Björn

BTW:
    I checked the TS ME07 and the TS ME07-2.
    I cant hear any difference

Hi Eltzejupp,
    Thanks for your feedback :)
    I am mostly listening in my Yamaha studio monitors, (HS80M and HS10W sub).
    In my ears they are not so very muffeld but maybe we have different taste :)
    I have different guitars when I am testing my profiles,
    (Ibanez Prestige 7 string with SD pickups, Ibanez Premium 6 string with Dimarzio pickups, VGS Soulmaster Evertune 7 string with SD pickups and one VGS Stage One Evertune 6 string with SD pickups).
    I made a test with your setting on profile TS ME07-2 and in my monitors and ears the result was very "bright" instead :)

About the profiles there is no big difference but I can hear a tiny diff.
    If you think of the ST profiles as "Master" and compare those with the merged one, in my ears the profiles named -2 are more like ST profile.
    Maybe you can hear that more clearly if you compare the one named "DRect GrCl TS ST0n" with "DRect GrCl TS ME0n" and "DRect GrCl TS ME0n-2".
    I thought I do a test cause I read somewhere in a thread that you get best result if you don't refine the DI profile, but in my opinion you get a more accurate profile if you also refine the DI profiles.
    But that is just me, I am no pro :)

I must say im dissapointed ..

I just received news news about my Remote is delayed because They are sold out.

i Was one of the first to order, payed up front, but sceduled to receive mid april. And now the further delay..

Got same mail today :(
    More waiting ...

I love your latest batch with the blends! The merged are my favorite by an inch, but I can hardly tell a difference from the studios; something about merged I like intrinsically.

Thank´s oozish :)
    The Merged profiles is DI profile + CAB from Studio profile.
    Same settings on the amp and od808.
    Should sound similar as the Studio profile :)
    But I also feel a little difference or maybe it's in my mind?

Hi,
    Just uploaded some more profiles to RE.
    This time from the Orange Modern Channel and Maxon OD808, (same setting in every profile).
    KPA version 3.0.2
    DI, (DAP) made with Behringer Ultra-G and Mesa Slave Out. (For testing if there is a difference).
    Merged Profiles from DI, (Direct Amp Profile), and CAB from ST, (Studio Profile).
    Studio Profiles made with different mics, (SM57, GA FC2 (sheap condenser U87 copy) and blended with SM57 + GA FC2. (More info in the profiles).

Enjoy if you like :)

// Björn

Awesome profiles! One of the best recto profiles I've tried. Thank you!

Just a quick question. Are the Direct Amp profiles the same profiles you used to make merged profiles?

Yes, the Direct Amp profiles are the one I used to make merged profiles from.

Hey, are you Björn Gottfridsson? If you are, i posted a rig tip today, because the Rectifier rigs a awesome. I have uploaded a modified rig with a rectifier cab from lasse lammert in rig ex just to compare your cab to this one.
    Great job, if its you :thumbup:

Hi,
    Yes, I am Björn Gottfridsson.
    Have to check the rig tip you posted :)
    I know my cab´s are probaly not the best one´s but I think thats the beauty with version 3.0.x, just change the cab to something better :)