Posts by mikeb

Have you set your sound card to use the Kemper as the word clock? With S/PDIF you can only have a single clock source or you will get that static issue.

I have my interface to External Lock and it shows as being locked at 44.1kHz, so that much is working. I can try the XLR outs and see if I get the same type of clicking when changing profiles.

The popping stops seconds after switching but it kind of sucks anyhow. I am more worried about the SPDIF lacking headroom.

I am using a guitar amp head as a power amp. I bring the Kemper signal into the RETURN of the FX loop on the amp and then on into a cabinet. It sounds great, but the volume is only controllable on the Kemper. If the output volume is reduced by 6 DB, I will probably be forced to use something else for live performances. ?(

Ok this is a problem. First off do NOT decrease the output volume. I agree with the above person that lowering output would make the output far too low.

Here is the possible issue: using the XLR outs you are supposed to be outputting +4DB, using the non balanced -10 TRS outs, this output level does and should drop. Currently the output is ok but if you change it I have no idea how I am going to use the Kemper to play live with.

I have a EMU 1212M audio interface with balanced inputs that accept +4DB input. The Kemper XLR outputs are correct for this and output correct levels. If you tried to plug the Kemper with XLR outs into an interface with non-balanced inputs you would totally overload the inputs.

I actually have an issue using the SPDIF out. The levels are too low without getting clipping. I have no idea why I can't seem to get the Kemper as loud as music I am playing without getting pops in parts of my guitar playing.

In all seriousness this is really getting on my nerves. I can't deal with the clipping sounds. I turn the VOLUME down on the Kemper and I get no more clipping, turn it up to levels I can play with and I get clipping. All profiles totally blast and clip my system if I just switch to them because the SPDIF has no MASTER volume level...

The entire time I am playing I never get the MASTER light turning anything other than green.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I really liked being able to hit the QUICK button and quickly chose one of my snapshots. Now this takes more steps, click RIG, then Snapshots, then you can choose one.

The QUICK button now just dumps out some internal information about the KPA.. but this is not useful at all for me.

I am going out on a limb here and this is what I think is happening. People are NOT used to hearing their amps in such an intimate way... meaning mic'd into a preamp, then monitored through loudspeakers. Most people are used to hearing their amp straight up with their own ears.

Kemper JMP77 profile is my favorite of all. I own a 78 Marshall which is modded and the Kemper gets me to the same tone!

Really though TONS of fantastic profiles. I take a pick for the day and stay with a few.

How can the XLRs have more output than the SPDIF? I don't understand how this can technically be?

However I was getting clipping with 1.07 beta and using SPDIF with some profiles with hot levels. I could turn the amp volumes down but that is not really working for me since I am a flipper.

Glad 1.08 has master vol working.

[edit] I loaded 1.08 and master vol is NOT working actually..