Posts by mikeb

Well, 3.0 beta loaded fine on my Kemper whiteface. Bootup seems slowish but I don't really care about that. I went to my favorite JMP77-01 profile and played it a bit and it seemed a bit nicer, but not a large difference if any.

I guess my question is for someone that doesn't have a normal amp setup to hook in here, is there any real changes to check out? I get you can combine amp and cabinet profiles correctly now but I am not clear how to find/pick those profiles.

Another change: the bottom effects leds have been changed from white to pink or light purple

Mine are exactly the same greenish color they have always been...

When I first got my Kemper I used only the stock RIG pack for like 4-5 months. Eventually I downloaded some Tills cabs and other odds and ends but in general I still use the stock Marshall JMP profile with different cabs. I don't really care about effects or whatever else, I like the core Marshall tone. To me it is worth the paying price to have that tone without screwing with my real Marshall at earblowing volumes. Every day, I get the exact same tone which doesn't happen with my real amp necessary. When I play live it sounds like the best mic'd Marshall ever with no mic bleed. Perfect!

As far as amp in the room tone or FOH tone, you can basically get there with lots of high powered speakers.

backups do not backup firmware version, just settings, so if you want to revert to a previous firmware, you have to actually downgrade to it by putting it on your memory stick and doing the normal procedure

My Kemper has done this from probably day one pre 1.0 firmware. I really never bothered messing with it because I read that Performance mode doesn't have the click and for the most part I record in my house with it and so I am not in performance mode. Recently I might have been switching between profiles and one had a reverb tail and it surprised me that the tail kept going even after changing profiles. I know for sure that my unit exhibited pops/clicks when changing some profiles which continuted for 2-3 seconds but its been months since I heard this artifact. Maybe cured by a firmware update. Tell you what, if I notice mine doing the clicks again i will record it and post about it.

I guess if it affected my workflow more I probably would have been complaining up a storm.

Well, it is easy if you have a backup from before and after. Was it a sound related "wacky" issue? Did the profiler behave strange?

It was strictly my output settings were changed after 2.6 update. I figured an easy way to make sure everything was defaulted was to do the system reset. The profiler works great and has not acted funky since before version 1 ;) (mine shipped with version .08 or something like that.

The wacky part was settings changed that I didn't set originally. There are so many it would be hard to check everything. For the record, the favorites appeared after a reboot so all is well plus my settings are defaulted.

What's important is to get the KPA to sound exactly or as close to the real amp as possible. and it's closer to my ears than it was before in the low end

Before it was lacking in the 125 to 225 hz region and booming in the sub lows 60-85 about . so for sure any profile you had before will have to be re-adjusted in the low end but this is a step in the right direction for the Kemper

This is exactly how my ears here it too. 125-225 has more energy and below 125 far less.

A bunch of my output settings got changed when upgrading to the latest (awesome!) firmware. Decided to do a system re-init (hold system button while booting). All fixed and my sounds are perfect and how I expect them to sound. Lost my Favorites but this is easy to get back. Just thought I would give a heads up this may be necessary for some users. :)

My experience with 2.6 and only older profiles with LFC on is really really good. I play a lot of metal with high gain and the difference is actually very big. I also run a 12" 300w studio monitor subwoofer and before 2.6 profiles had WAY WAY too much bass in the sub region, I know this because I was constantly having to adjust my sub's output levels. After 2.6 the sub region is rock solid and more like a real amp's wallop.

Some people are doing old vs new profiled clips and to be 100% honest, the new profiled clips sound dead on in terms of the low end... having said that, the low end is probably too much for a recorded.. just like recording a real amp. I'll take accuracy over perfect mixes any day.

Like pretty much everyone else this has finally fixed this niggling bass thing that bugged me since day 1, this is absolutely wonderful. The effect is 2 fold. Now almost every patch sounds glorious on the Kemper, very very few are unusable or sound bad. This is an absolutely massive difference! The issue for me now is I have to go back and basically re-do the entire kemper from scratch. I get there is the LFC button and all but that is not good enough. I need to go back and re-tune and re-listen to pretty much everything. Its almost like getting a brand new Kemper in all honesty.

One thing, the bass effect is kind of understated. It actually makes a difference in not only the feel but the upper mids and treble. I just love the new sound .

To me, a 'in the room' sound is more about a less 'colored' mic tone. So, a mic that is more linear responding. The venerable SM57 tone is definitely not a linear representation of the original amp tone. I don't think reverb or room reflections matter at all in this context. I DO think the PZM profiles sound less like a typical mic'd guitar tone and more like the real amp. :thumbup:

I just tried the princeton profiles and wow! Extremely impressive and full sounding.. 'open' for lack of a better word. I have 4 studio monitors along with a large sub and this profile sounds incredibly like having the amp in the room. :love: