Posts by Animus

No, I was talking about Master Volume of the amp section. My real Road King sounds different the louder you turn it up, better actually. I believe power sagging reduces power supply voltage which results in a change dynamics/compression.

Yes, but you also have the option to set the amp volume...

You mean the master volume? That migh† change the feel of †he amp as a cranked amp pushes harder on the power tubes. You might be right I am just guessing.

Rich - Do you know this for a fact? All the info I have read indicates there is one 'master amp engine' that generates all the distortion profiles, and that is what I am referring to...

Again, this is meant to be *helpful* folks! Why must it become a downer?

AxeFX seems to have the same engine that models everything as well; the Kemper has far more variety imo. All I know is that I am glad I never hopped aboard the Axefx train. The Kemper seriously blows it away.

+1000 on something like TI Editor control vst. That would make this product over the top. Being new, the first thing I am noticing is the lack of a easy fast way to recall a rig. Having it automatically load when loading a song project in Nuendo would be awesome.

Then what does the cabinet volume do?Just raise and lower the volume. If so why have it?
    Thanks

I am just going to guess so you can have a global volume set and then you have the option to set cab volume to different levels between patches.

I have a Lonestar Classic I plan to profile eventually/. Just got the Kemper so I am still becoming acquainted before I get into serious profiling sessions.

That's the whole point of a tube screamer though, the mids and then boost and saturation, especially in a high gain/me†al context. Of course certain amps like tube screamers more than others, Mesa Recitfiers for example and sound awesome with them. And of course, it is a preferential thing as well.