Posts by Animus

Mr wagner has more clout than those other 2 you mention IMO Have a look at his discography !!!

Actually for high gain extreme metal genres, those two have more clout than MW in terms of discography. MW is the king of heavy metal/hard rock though. If I was recording a heavy metal album I'd go to MW, but if it was blackened death metal it would be Audiohammer or Sneap or Dan Swanö; or Neil Kernon is awesome as well..

If I need something I wouldn't wait a year for something that may or may not happen. Save up and get a Eventide. No one does effects like they do. The effects in the kemper are nice but toyish in comparison.

Quoted from "SteelEdge"

Oh, and a dual delay / possibility of 2 delays in parallel would be great!!!!

If I need something I wouldn't wait a year for something that may or may not happen. Save up and get a Eventide. No one does effects like they do. The effects in the kemper are nice but toyish in comparison.

I already have an Axe FX that does all that stuff, what I don't want is 2 units running (Kemper+Axe/Kemper+Eventide) to get that sounds.The Axe by itself can do the trick very very well, but I rather choose the amp tone/feeling of the Kemper and not having tu use a second unit for fX, somI could get ride of the Axe Fx.

Understood. :thumbup:

A year after and still no Shimmer / Crystals Shift Pitch or whatever you call it....I really NEED that for my U2 stuff and get rid of other units that i keep just for that kind of effects.

Oh, and a dual delay / possibility of 2 delays in parallel would be great!!!!

Thanks Quitty :)

Any source where I could get more in terms of pure definition?

Djent technically isn't a "genre" but more a literal description (an onomatopoeia so to speak) of a particular sound of a palm mute. On a broader send, you can view the whole style as syncopated staccato rhythm playing often with real ambient often dissonant guitar melodies playing over it.

This guy does a pretty good job describing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5A5aK33QR4

This song is pretty typical of the style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5A5aK33QR4

Quoted from "JeffTD"

I originally thought the editor would do this and function like Fractal's Axe-Edit program. It has become painfully obvious that this is not the case.

At this point in time, if I were purchasing again, I would 100% go with an AxeII, partially because of this. Not having software control over the hardware unit is an absolute joke in this day and age, especially considering that Access allows for DAW-based plugin control of their Virus synths.

Kemper dropped the ball on this in a huge way.
    I tried to say it more gently, but my thoughts exactly

The Axe FX and Fractal are obviously trying to compete with Kemper with their revised "tone matching" system. It's always good to see that kind of competition, so reversely, It would be nice to see Kemper at least keep up with something as ancient and beginner-level as Line6's gearbox. In all reality, they should be going after (and trying to outdo) what Fractal is doing on the digital control front.

From what I heard from awhile back Fractals editor is bug-ridden, there were lots of people complaining that it was useless, and firmware updates break it and it's not updated regularly.

No need for editor. There is a very good reason people buy physical control surfaces for their DAWs. Kemper has that built in.

Perfectly right! It's so easy to edit on the front panel fumbling with the mouse would take longer for me. Only thing that would attract more is a control vst plugin you could load up in the DAW that would recall Kemper settings; it wouldn't even have to be editable, just a way to directly recall and store settings. Rig Manager is lacking in that respect.

Outside that, while we are dreaming, I wish Kemper would just develop a full on KPA in vst format.

they wait so damn long to release it...that im not really interested anymore.
    someday it will come out...and than "oh its out? ok....maybe i try it next week or so...." because all excitement is gone.
    I think anyway...those will be good profiles..but not better than other good ones out there. Its a bit overhyped.
    A reamping done by him thru all his chains is much more special..the Kemper can´t capture that mojo/vibe of that external hardware...
    only the EQ curves added by those things...so dont expect tooo much...
    Profile it clean..and add such a chain after the Kemper *tadaaa* there it is

I imagine any harmonic content added by his signal chain is profiled along with the amp.

In contradiction to what Cliff said, it was the Axe manual that gave me the impression that it does not support a slave clocking of the internal sample rate. Every Spdif receiver will sync its individual clock to the incoming Spdif stream and send an error message if the clock is not valid. But that does not mean that the overall sample clock will be synchronized at the same time. For a correct slave clocking it is mandatory to have an additional switch to set the system clock source (internal / external). This is usually independent from the input source selection. How will I synchonize my digital output to my DAW, when I still want to use the analog input for my guitar?

Btw: Lightbox, do you use one or two toslink cables to connect your Kronos to your DAW?

Pretty much every digital fx hardware box I have ever had allowed for slaving, from Lexicon to Eventide. My H8000 has 4 AES i/o, ADAT i/o, spdif, and analog TRS/TS. I can run analog in and then route out to any number of the digital and/or analog outputs simultaneously, while being either the master or slave at any clock rate. It basically has a mixer and I can mix and match any combination of digital and analog paths.

I am not sure of the technical limitations of why the Kemper can't do it, but it's definitely not a "normal" thing in a studio environment. No big deal really, I got great converters and can just use it analog (but it would be nice to go straight out digital to bypass a extra conversion step going D/A then back to A/D). It's more that I just need more configurable i/o on the Kemper. If you ever come out with a Kemper Pro (hint) I suggest adding more i/o options. Two true stereo fx loops. And AES and SPDIF that can be slaved. Oh and put more DSP in it so we can run dual amps. :)