Posts by Animus

Quoted from "Animus"

Even if you sell it to a private party mostly likely they are still gonna want to use Paypal for protection purposes and there will be fees; most smart people are not going to do a bank wire. You can add those fees to the cost but then again added costs could make it harder to sell. ebay has more fees of course but I have found that I usually can get more money for stuff than selling it on my own since there is a huge marketplace. There's always Craig's list too but that has a whole ether set of pros and cons. Personally I don't see the big deal with fees for selling merchandise, its the cost of doing business. Don't get into the art world. Most art galleries take a 40 to 50 percent cut when they sell a piece of art. eBay is a deal compared to that.

Not to mention record companies!

Right! lol I think you might get a dollar for every record sold, if you are lucky!

Even if you sell it to a private party mostly likely they are still gonna want to use Paypal for protection purposes and there will be fees; most smart people are not going to do a bank wire. You can add those fees to the cost but then again added costs could make it harder to sell. ebay has more fees of course but I have found that I usually can get more money for stuff than selling it on my own since there is a huge marketplace. There's always Craig's list too but that has a whole ether set of pros and cons. Personally I don't see the big deal with fees for selling merchandise, its the cost of doing business. Don't get into the art world. Most art galleries take a 40 to 50 percent cut when they sell a piece of art. eBay is a deal compared to that.

Eventide have the best fx hands down, in terms of quality and versatility. I've own several over the years. DSP4000. Eclipse. And now finally gave in and bought the mothership, a H8000. Really incredible what you can do with it if you know how (it's pretty complicated to program yourself) but even the presets are awesome if you are a plug and play guy. Italo from FX Soundworks released several preset libraries that are amazing, especially with guitar. http://www.italodeangelis.com/…tuff/eventide_H8000FW.asp

I think nothing would beat how easy to tweak things on the Kemper front panel is. What I think they need to do is incorporate better real time capabilities with Rig Manager where you can load directly up from Rig Manager and save live back to Rig Manager with options to save new versions etc. And then make a simple recall vst plugin.

It is not silly. Respect that mans thoughts. As not native-speakers you don't get the impact of a word. Try doing the same in russia and poland.

Great tone indeed.

It is not silly. Respect that mans thoughts. As not native-speakers you don't get the impact of a word. Try doing the same in russia and poland.

Great tone indeed.

I know the impact of the word. I'm in the US. :) Oh and I respect the man's thoughts but I am not the one telling other people what they should and shouldn't say or how they should act.

And I wasn't aware there so many church musicians using Kempers. :)

That's silly. A word is just a word; it's just society that arbitrarily decides if a word is bad or not, and what is acceptable in one society is not in another. "Brutal as fuck". Describes it perfectly and I get the meaning. "Brutal as chicken wire" or "Brutal as goshdarnit" doesn't have the same impact.

Was there some kind of falling out between GC and PRS? that's kind of a major thing to stop carrying PRS since I am sure GC was one of their biggest retailers.

I got a custom 22 back in 1993. Nice guitar. Unfortunately I sold it a couple years back; went on to other guitars. The huge heels they are doing nowadays are just ridiculous. What were they thinking?

The moderator for toontrack says:

"At this moment it's not possible the add 3rd party MIDI into the Search tab. We are working on a solution though but I cannot say when it will be ready I'm afraid. However, even if we add the possibility to add 3rd party MIDI into Search it will not feature the same comprehensive tagging as the Toontrack MIDI since it's impossible for us to tag all existing MIDI on the market."

So EZD can't currently put 3rd party MIDI or user MIDI in the Library to do a Tap2Search, but they claim they will work on adding it. I hope so. I look forward to it.

That's kind of dumb thing for them to say. Why not let the user just tag there own midi files, and just give us the ability to do that.

For those still using Superior 2 and don't want to wait to use the songwriting tools in Ezdrummer 2 with it you can still get it and just activate the midi out feature and use it like EzPlayer and send midi to Superior 2

[quote='nightlight','index.php?page=Thread&postID=143183#post143183'] but hey.. not everybody uses it for digital recording.... I guess..

Well everyone would if it wasn't so impractical to use with no slaving. :) I would use it in a heartbeat but I am not going to clock over 5 thousand dollars worth of converters and audio interfaces to a digital guitar box.

So I am using the KPA solely for production in my studio. The way I have been working is strictly by loading rigs from RM as I need them. I don't really keep any rigs in my Kemper anymore. However, I would love to be able to load a stored rig from RM, do any tweaks on the Kemper and then have the Rig Manager update the loaded rig or save a new version as an option. Right now, unless I am missing something, you load the rig up in Rig Manager and it loads up in the Kemper's buffer. You make any tweaks then you have to save on the Kemper, then retrieve it again. I keep rigs archived in folders per song and it would be more efficient if I could just work directly. Like all it would take would be something like Right Click/update loaded rig and the profile in Rig Manager will be updated from the buffers of the Kemper, or given an option to save a new version. This would take out some unnecessary steps.

Just an idea...

thanks

You see this whole digital connection pretty light and easy. But it's not. The Profiler being a Spdif slave would require that it had to support various sample rates. Doing that is extremely complex, this would mean variable processor loads and and various methods to prevent the sound from being changed by a different sample rate. Please be aware that the majority of complex instruments such as digital amps and keyboards only offer a fixed sample rate!
    I wonder why manufacurers of audio interfaces don't face this fact and offer sample rate converters for their Spdif connections.

Having USB audio would not improve this situation at all. Have a look at the low number of 'complex' devices that offer a selectable sampling rate. Same story as with Spdif.
    In addition a USB audio connection does not allow a second audio interface being hooked to the same system. You will have to use the Profiler as the sole audio interface and be losing flexibility.

You see this whole digital connection pretty light and easy. But it's not. The Profiler being a Spdif slave would require that it had to support various sample rates. Doing that is extremely complex, this would mean variable processor loads and and various methods to prevent the sound from being changed by a different sample rate. Please be aware that the majority of complex instruments such as digital amps and keyboards only offer a fixed sample rate!
    I wonder why manufacurers of audio interfaces don't face this fact and offer sample rate converters for their Spdif connections.

Having USB audio would not improve this situation at all. Have a look at the low number of 'complex' devices that offer a selectable sampling rate. Same story as with Spdif.
    In addition a USB audio connection does not allow a second audio interface being hooked to the same system. You will have to use the Profiler as the sole audio interface and be losing flexibility.

So it's not possible to allow the Kemper to be the slave even if limited to 44.1 kHz?

Definitely some major bugginess in Rig Manager. I imported a bunch of profiles organized in subfolders as well. Occasionally I would have to restart the app because the importing process would get stuck. Sometimes the profiles won't show up in subfolders and you have to click on and off repeatedly to get them to show up. One time when I opened none of the profiles showed up. I could see the number count of profiles on each folder but nothing was visible. When I restarted the app again they finally showed up again. So at the moment I wouldn't trust this beta too much and hopefully they will iron out these issues in upcoming revisions.