Posts by Animus

I don't really care about an editor but a recall vst you can load up in your DAW would be fab. Just take the Rig Manager and make it a plugin so it can recall the rig(s) you used for the project.

I'd like at least two external fx loops, fully configurable to stereo in/out, mono/stereo, mono/mono etc.
    Also, dual profile engines.
    Fully functional digital connections with slave, preferably AES.
    Working USB to interface with computer.

Now that would be quite helpful: A VST/AAX plugin that shuttles profiles from the librarian/editor to the Kemper. That would be similar to the Universal Audio Apollo Console Plugin that loads all the plugins and routing options from the DAW into the Apollo. All the setting are saved on a project-by-project basis. The sky is the limit with the Kemper. Who knows... maybe the foot pedal will integrate with the DAW, too.

Here's a pic of the Virus TI Control plugin. Total edibility and recall from the DAW. Now imagine that gui looking like a KPA. :) Here's where you can read more about the plugin. http://www.virus.info/page/ren…_rtas_vst_au_plug_in.html For those who don't know Access is Kemper's other company. Something like this for KPA is totally doable.

[Blocked Image: http://macprovid.vo.llnwd.net/…53/01_Virus_AU_plugin.png]

I replied +1 a while back, but now I have to say that I would rather have a dedicated foot controller. An editor would certainly be nice but for me, a dedicated foot controller would be fantastic. I mean, the Fractal MFC is almost Plug-N-Play, with only one Ethernet cable, you simply connect it with one cable for both data and power, and it displays the preset name, tuner, etc. without hardly any programming, how cool is that. This isn't a deal breaker for me, I'll continue to use the KPA with the Ground Control Pro, but a dedicated foot controller would be my first choice, if I had a choice :)

Personally I think an editor/librarian is far more important than a foot controller. There are adequate third party solutions that do the job just fine such as the Behringer Uno or the Liquid Foot which is plug and play afaik. We are just dead in the water with no librarian/editor. Especially important for those of us in a production/studio environment. Navigating through the Kemper finding what you need can be a real pain in the ass. Something like what they did for the Access Virus TI plugin control would be awesome. The rig could just recall right up in a saved DAW project. Since we have a rig limit it becomes dicey saving alternate versions of each rig for a certain application. Then you get into having to shuttle rigs back and forth via a thumb drive if the rig limit is a problem. Then of course having to manually log what rig was used for what. etc etc. All kinds of production workflow related issues.

I would just like to be able to slave SPDIF and be able to use it to begin with. That extra i/o would be incredibly useful but I can't because my whole studio setup is already synced to a professional quality clock.

I don't disagree with you of course but I have heard excellent recordings done with PODS.

Sure they do. You just don't hang out there enough. This is a comparison thread. I brought my experience to the table. I was equally kind to both products as I truly believe what I typed. I corrected what I believed was intentional misrepresentation by a few posters. I may have been wrong but that's how I see it.

I know I don't hang out there enough, because I am not a Fractal user, which was my point. What misrepresentation are you speaking of? The people Axe presets change when they update firmware? I don't know if that's FUD as I have see Fractal users complain about that themselves.

[quote='Animus','index.php?page=Thread&postID=101682#post101682']Seems pretty obvious you are a Fractal shill.

Quotes from this thread written by me, the shill:

"I have often typed, if you can't get a great sound out of either , then you are doing something wrong. I could easily gig either. If I owned a studio and had to copy amps, I'd get a Kemper. If I was strictly live player (and I am) the Axe works as I get a whole bunch of effects to do my Floyd/U2 type stuff. That doesn't mean it's better, it just means it suits my purposes"

"To the OP, see who in the pros is using what and find out why. Listen to albums made by either unit. Again I will state, with much objectivity, you can't go wrong with either. Despite what fanboys from either camp might type, it isn't as black and white as they might have you believe."

"Here it is again in plain English: Either unit is capable of great sound. Either unit can be used in a professional setting and both currently are by some huge names. You just can't go wrong with either choice. "

and

"I think the Kemper is the most revolutionary product I have ever seen. The way it gets it's sounds blows my mind. It does so perfectly. What's not to love about that? I use an Axe because I am one of those spacey tone guys and therefore it suits my needs. "

Yeah, you said that later on in the thread before I had read it. Do you actually own a Kemper? I know you have a Axe.

Seems pretty obvious you are a Fractal shill.