Posts by 1fastdog

There a mic I have had for awhile for live work and I really like what it does. I have known Bob Heil since I did front of house work for him in the early '70's and he's been doing mics for a while now. The PR30 would be a good one to rent or borrow. There are lots of them in LA as they are a hot ticket. It's a large element dynamic. Bob told me he and Joe Walsh hammered this one out. < Bob and Joe are Ham radio pals > These are being used alot. Gibbons has these in his two live iso cabs.

A fabulous mic for a Vox that's pushed is a Beyer M88 and I regret giving mine away, another good mic to rent or borrow.

I don't suggest buying mics unless you know you love what it does. If I was a bit closer than Florida, you could borrow what I have... and see what they do for you. :thumbup:

Looking to go to 1.06 FW but wanted to make certain the profiling portion of the KPA was not going to be compromised. My KPA is the original FW and getting awao from the midi "0" seems wise... just wanna do the right thing without picking up issues I could do without.

TIA
    Paul :)

Stock profiles are not the best and threw me as well.
    User rig exchange has the stuff you need.
    Profile your fave axfex amp sounds if you need proof.

PS upgrade to new firmware.
    What its shipped with is old and there is latency.

Bill is correct, although the factory presets are like many others in that they are trying to catch a wide range of tonal tastes as a "demo" thing. Similar to me in there are some amps I just don't personally like.

There are som nice profiles done and landing on some things which are goind to appeal is something I was able to get, and I'm not easy to please.

I'm in the midst of lots or recording right now, but I'll be doing some profiles of some interesting amps as soon as possible.

What a nice offer! If I were around Maryland I might take you up on your offer.. maybe someone here will.

Paul

Paul - Make sure there are no '+' (plus) symbols in the upper left corner of *every* category and sub-category - they must all be set to '-' (minus) for you to view the contents. Somehow, some people's are all checked '+' upon first entry to the board - I was one of those people as well! Hope this helps...

That wasn't the issue as I know the drill on the + thing. It resolved itself, so I'm good now...
    Thanks for the sesponses.! :thumbup:

Meh the most clips that are being posted, the more they sound like arse to me. Really, I think some people have so forgotten what good sound and what an amp should sound like is. I have no dog in the fight, I have owned a snax. I just don't understand everyone dropping their jaws and pants over crappy sounding clips, I would never want to use any of those, ever. I am not saying its not a cool feature or will be useful, but at least post some great sounding clips if you are showing them off. my opinion anyway. non of those I would ever want to touch

I'm with you on your opinion. I am happy for Fractal folks and I suspect this feature is, perhaps, validadion from Fractal itself that the Kemper has Mojo. If it inspires CK to turn up the wick on some future feattures for the KPA? We are winners.

In my own opinion, which is noting other than that, I haven't heard the level of dimensionality from the AXE which a well done profile on the KPA has.

I'm not a big fan of clips that have dimension enhancing fx included such as delay or stereo verb... Not that there's not a valid use and there's nothing wrong with fx whatsoever. I just prefer to judge a cake without the "icing". The clips I listened to were quite two dimensional despite a pretty big reverb spread. Then again, most folks post limited bandwidth for the sake of brevity and file player universality.

In the final analysis, these products are just tools and personal preference is as valid a reason as any to work under. They are tone devices, not religious relics. :wacko:

If you only need programm changes the midi moose is great. Build like a tank.

Thanks. Yeah, program changes only. From a brief read of the Kemper manuals the programming of midi address for the profiles is able to be done on the KPA end, so elaborate features program the controller end are not a consideration for me. Looks as though the Midi Moose is 5 bank at a time switchable... For live work that seems sufficient. Just wanted to know if the piece was good and I was missing something for my intended use. It also appears it's a decent match for the width of my Pedal Train. I have no need for any midi through control either and controllers with several rows od switches are not my cup of tea... ;)

I looking at the Sans Amp Midi Moose for use with the KPA in live work. I don't need to control volume of wah stuff, strictly profile changes. Any experience folks regarding this device? The Midi Moose doesn't send CC info, but I really don't think i Need it for straight profile switching...

TIA

I looking at the Sans Amp Midi Moose for use with the KPA in live work. I don't need to control volume of wah stuff, strictly profile changes. Any experience folks regarding this device? The Midi Moose doesn't send CC info, but I really don't think i Need it for straight profile switching...

Cabs are key, and attention to providing targeted audience profiles is an avenue Kemper should consider.

The product delivering all which is expected and some pleasant surprises which are not expected? There's the win. win.

It's my understanding that some of the stock profiles were done in Nashville Tennessee. If another Kemper profiling session is done again there, I can assure you there is no shortage of very cool amps available there. Several flavors of Trainwrecks, Dumbles, you name it. Lots or amps that are known to mic up well. :thumbup: