Posts by GOlson

Well Chris beat me to it, but for what it's worth I would be interested in the stealth ISP as well. Let me know if things fall through with Chris. I live in Maryland

I'll let you know in a day if it's still available or not.

Thanks!

Hi guys , Yes they are still actives and voiced towards more of his style, but he has always wanted more "organic sounding actives" hence why the last ones were Emg 57/66. This is why his latest set is and i quote "inspired by high-output passive humbuckers,"

Ash

Ash is correct. These are VERY high output pickups, I noticed that I had to reduce my usual amp-gain settings down by a full two digits! But these don't sound as compressed as the EMG's of old. I haven't tried out the 57/66 set, I hear they are more organic than the 81/85's that I'm more familiar with. I've always preferred passive pickups, but these Loomis Blackouts are admittedly quite impressive. There's a lot of articulation and clarity, the clean tones sound great, and the dynamics are intact as well.
    I'm still getting used to the output, though. Jeff uses some pretty tight gate settings on his Kemper when he's playing live, and I can see why!

Hey all, I finished this video for Seymour Duncan a couple weeks ago, as a demo for their new Jeff Loomis Blackout pickups, and I had to wait a little while to put it up on my own channel. But I just uploaded a slightly different version of it, and thought I'd share it here, since all the guitars and bass were recorded with the Kemper.
    The rhythm and lead profiles are ones I made of my old Peavey RockMaster preamp going into an EL34 power amp (Orange Dark Terror), into a Marshall 1960a loaded with Eminence CV-75 speakers, and mic'd with a single SM57.
    I hope you guys dig it!

Cheers!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi guys,

I finished up a new video on the weekend, I hope you all will check it out. :)

This is a profile of my 6505 head, but I'm running the Kemper through a speaker cab and mic'ing it with an SM57. Speakers are Eminence CV-75, which are made to sound like actual "vintage" V30 speakers, as they were made in the 80's. I really like these speakers a lot! They have a smoother top end than modern V30's, and not as scooped sounding.

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welcome!

Another Canadian here, from Calgary.I've had my KPA for over 3 years now, and I still think it's the best piece of gear I've ever purchased! For both studio and live use. And be ready... Every single time I use it live, I get a bunch of people asking me "What is that amp you're using?" followed by "Kemper? Huh... Never heard of it. It sounds great though!"

You still using the Stealth? I just sold mine in favor of the Fryette Power Station.

The MBritt Bletchley profiles sound GREAT with a tube power amp and guitar cab.

Yup, still using the Stealth. I've played a dozen or so gigs with it so far with no problems.
    I was looking at the Power Station a while ago too. I looks great, and the price is excellent, especially for a 50W Fryette power amp! Never mind the other features. Very tempting... So you're happy with yours then?

hey how did you mount it in the rack like that is it bolted in somehow? , Ive been thinking about mounting mine in a rack just havent figured out how to secure it in there yet , I like your setup

I just took a 2U rack shelf and drilled 4 holes in it to match the Kemper's feet. I took the rubber feet off the KPA and screwed the Kemper onto the shelf. The shelf then mounts into a rack. Works great!