Posts by MixMinisterMike

Fractal makes a great product. Gotta always have the latest or you're left behind with something that's not the "best of the best." Lots of software/firmware updates, but lots of hardware updates too, and far more than any other vendor. Open your wallets to "stay on top" if thats important to you

I didn't care for the feel of the normal one, so I switched to the spring-loaded version without a switch, and use the Kemper to only activate upon movement. 100x better feel for me.

(I'm not saying this is a poor feature request)

What almost all of the requests for smaller/sub/amp-only units miss is how releasing a product like that would bifurcate file format. Right now you can take a profile from any Kemper Profiler and use it on any Kemper Profiler. You might miss variable input impedence, or a 2nd fx loop, but other than those fringe cases, Kemper has delivered compatibility across products.

If Kemper brings out a mini unit, there then needs to be separate Rigs between the big products and the mini. So you end up with scenarios like those faced by Fractal and Line 6 users, where you can usually take presets from a "lesser" unit to the "more capable" units but not the other way around. Even if Kemper made an amp/cab-only device that can strip out all the other parts of a Rig, it's not going to sound "the same" because so many rigs rely upon EQ/Compressor/etc. settings to get the sound just right. If they do what Headrush did and release a less-expensive unit that runs the same patches, I don't expect massive savings from a smaller enclosure and fewer switches/IO options.

It's going to be hard enough to deal with rig compatibility if/when a true successor is released.

You can ignore the _MacOS folder - on Macs their file system enables storage of metadata associated with each file within the file itself, and when you copy these files to a non-Mac file system (like FAT32 or xFAT on USB drives), that metadata is placed into a separate file so that MacOS can read that data when reading the files off the non-Mac file system.

Any pack I've always unzipped into its own directory, then dragged those files into Rig Manager.

Hello,

[EDIT: 2 February 2022 - Updated all Rigs with updates to the Amp section]

I've uploaded my personal studio profiles for my 2021 Revv Generator 100P Mk3. All profiles used the embedded Two Notes DynIR with a Revv 412 Celestion V30, with 57 off axis and 121. Master Volume: 11:30. 04T/05T/06T have less bass dialed in than 01T/02T/03T. Captured on 8.6.6. Author is SeahawkFarns.

REVV Blue 01T - Blue Channel, Wide On, Bright On, T: 1:30, M: 12:00, B: 12:30

REVV Green 01T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 1:00

REVV Green 02T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 1:00, Blue Drive Mode

REVV Green 03T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 1:00, Red Drive Mode

REVV Green 04T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 11:00

REVV Green 05T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 11:00, Blue Drive Mode

REVV Green 06T - Green Channel, Bright On, G: 12:00, T: 11:00, M: 2:00, B: 11:00, Red Drive Mode

REVV Purple 01T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 1:00

REVV Purple 02T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 1:00, Blue Aggression Mode

REVV Purple 03T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 1:00, Red Aggression Mode

REVV Purple 04T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 11:00

REVV Purple 05T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 11:00, Blue Aggression Mode

REVV Purple 06T - Purple Channel, Bright On, Fat On, G: 10:30, T: 12:00, M: 1:00, B: 11:00, Blue Aggression Mode

The Stage returns to the power state it was in when the AC power is removed.

Examples:
    If the Stage is ON and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage turns ON.

If the Stage is OFF and I remove the IEC plug (or unplug it or turn off the power bar), when I restore the power, the Stage remains OFF, until I press the power button.

Thank you for sharing your behavior!

Mine runs exactly like my early unit(s) prior to 7.1.3 did - plugging in the IEC turns the Stage on, regardless of the state prior to removing the IEC plug.

FWIW, my brand new Stage from Sweetwater that has this problem shipped with OS 7.5 on it. In another thread someone mentioned their new Stage shipped with OS 8.x on it, so I'm not sure this is a "batch" issue.

Also, my Stage turns on when I plug in the IEC plug. I thought OS 7.1.3 changed that behavior (which was the OS level that I was having similar Clock errors with a previous Stage unit). Is this the default behavior?

New Stage out of the box today from Sweetwater, won't retain clock settings. Updated to version 8.5.8, same issue. Even leaving the power cable plugged in, it's losing the date and time between boots.

I had a Stage at launch that had this problem, I thought this was fixed LONG ago. :cursing:

Hello,

7.1.8 was pretty solid for me.

7.1.9 sees some new issues.

Kemper Stage

First, the Stage is back to powering on when the Power cable is plugged in. It seems the power configuration has reverted back to launch behavior.

Upon booting, the Performance Name is wrong, it is showing the name of a different performance. The individual slots are named from the referenced (named) Performance. However, the underlying Performance is correct, the right rigs are loaded in the right spots, it’s that the UI is referencing a different performance.

Init Globals causes a hard crash. Error message says exp=unitfound, file=src/profmidi.cpp, line 7078. Pressing Return reboots the device.

OP here, I went back to 7.1.1 (7.1.2 was always problematic for me) and my Stage once again retains date/time settings when the mains cable is unplugged.

Thank you to the developers troubleshooting, it looks like there may be a couple different issues at play here across users, and I know that can be frustrating!

After updating to 7.1.3, my Stage is no longer retaining its clock settings when power is disconnected. I get a "clock setup error" on boot and have to reset the day/time from 2010/10/10 00:00:00 to the current day/time.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? (I did notify Kemper Support but wondering since it just started with 7.1.3 if anyone else sees this too with the new power behavior)