Posts by hippietim

I remember there was a particularly good jump patch and a fantastic hammond, both on the user forum.
    Dunno whether it would work, but gotta be worth a try....
    Cheers hippietim

If you can track down the patches let me know. Keep in mind that no patch will work for this that requires the COSM guitar modeling. The non GK input bypasses that and all you get are effects and amp modeling.

You could try it with a breakout box like RMC makes but you'd only be hitting the COSM modeling on one "string" and I suspect that the waveforms that the Kemper emits during profiling would be considered polyphonic. I don't know how well the VG would respond to that so the results may be pretty far from what you want. Also, I don't have a breakout box so I don't have a way to try it.

Tim, welcome to the forum.
    I find this nagging KPA vs. Axe totally unnecessary.
    Personally, I have made my mind up and so should everybody else.
    And in between and afterwards, no reason to go after each other.
    It's just gear.

I love this stuff. As long as I can get good results with this thing I'll hang on to it. I usually gig with the Axe but in the Stones tribute band I'm in I use a tube amp and pedals. I'm not stuck on any piece of gear. In addition to the Axe and a number of guitar amps, I also use an HD 500, GR-55, VG-99, and a SansAmp purple character pedal. I'd love to add the Kemper to my arsenal of tools. So far it shows promise.

Given the sheer number of profiles out there and the amount of metadata stored in a profile. Some tools to organize things would be helpful.

The number one thing for me would be to have folders for rigs/cabs. This would allow me to oranize things in a way that makes sense to me. And allow me to delete a whole folder at a time. This way I could load up a USB drive with a bunch of profiles and load them into an "incoming" folder. As I weed through the ones I like I could move them to other folders. Then I can just delete the "incoming" folder and only have the stuff I want.

Next would be a PC/Mac tool to edit the metadata in the profiles - names/mic/cab/channel/etc - and allow me to arrange the folders using Finder/Explorer. The Kemper input method is OK but like every other modeler it's very cumbersome to do a lot of name tweaking. I'm not yet familiar with the backup/restore process so I don't know how doable this is.

They must have a private forum over a† Fractal to deploy the troops and set a gameplan. :P

So let's see which is more likely:
    I spent $1800 on a Kemper so I could support Fractal?

Or:
    I spent $1800 on a Kemper because I am always chasing tone and this piece of gear intrigues me.

The answer is neither! This is the truth:
    Cliff sent $1800 to 100 of us Fractal drones so we could buy Kempers and go on attack.

Thanks Tim - I think you could tell people here that I have been just as hard on all the other units I have been using as I have on the Kemper - by pointing out the weaknesses, we potentially improve the future product (assuming the 'powers that be' seriously consider our input).

I've never seen you hold back with any manufacturer. I've also seen you take a lot of unwarranted flack and handle it with class.

I think people lose site that this is just gear and (re)act like you're talking about their sister.

I spent a bit of time with a couple of the profiles you posted - cool stuff. The dirty channel one cleans up nice.

Nice. A bunch of anonymous Internet experts giving a seasoned professional musician crap about gear.

Radley, I just got my KPA and am much more interested in your thoughts and tips than the trolls in this thread. Your input over the years for Boss, Line 6, and Fractal products has been extremely helpful for thousands of people - I know I've learned a lot from your posts.