Posts by RobT

I for one have never understood the line of thought that some people have with tools i.e. one should buy a tool commiserate with your skill. In my opinion, one should buy a tool based on their needs, financial capabilities and desire. I came to this thread late but I have run my Kemper through my JBL 4326 monitors and it sound fantastic and plenty loud enough for your situation.They are very nice sounding monitors with adequate bass. The LSR 4300 series has been discontinued and you might find them at a good discount. I also own a Atomic CLR and I would echo what others have said, it is better suited for louder volumes than you appear to be playing at.

I own a TT neck. I've had it for about 4 years now. At one time, I assembled a Warmoth Tele with an Evertune route. I like to try new ideas. Frankly, no disrespect to Joe King intended but I'm sure when the electric lamp was invented there was someone saying "Why, gas lamps work just fine" Anyway, I ditched the Evertune. I didn't like the tone that the bridge produced and it doesn't always stay in tune and when it drifts it's a pain to get back to being . i.e. compared to turning a tuning knob. So I ended up putting the TT neck which is a maple neck, ebony board and with a 1 3/4" nut on a Yngyie Malmsteen Strat I own.

Evo's post above is a good summary but I will say for what I bought this neck for, jazz fingerstyle solo guitar it is just great. Where I don't like it is for single notes e.g. double stops, bending etc. The inherent out of tune nature of the guitar gives some weight or coarseness to those types of fingerings. less refined if you will.

As far as the physical act of playing, after a few minutes of playing , it feels no different than a regular neck..

What I would really like to own is a good steel steel string acoustic with the TT tuning. The open position and 1-5 parts of the neck is where the TT tuning really shines.

The OP is referring to the Kemper website and a few others e.g. Sweetwater via Google shopping that show the "Master" button labeled as "Output". To the OP, I have owned my Kemper since early 2102 and it is labeled "Master" and to the best of my knowledge and as Raoul23 states above, there is no difference other than the lableing. rob

I've done this a couple times and my fix was similar to the Whippingpost and Prsgary. In my case I just used one of those wide small rubber bands that the grocery store wraps around stalks of Broccoli (at the least where I live). Wrap it several times around the button shaft and the button will be restrained. As I use the looper, this provided a easy, non permanent fix.

Congratulations Andy, I don't need any additional profiles so I won't be partaking in your generous offer. These days I primarily play clean jazz or acoustic and your Fender Vibroverb profile from the Fender Toolkit has been my mainstay for a year or so. Thanks for making my Kemper a keeper.

Everything is good. Cable and manual on the way and the remote is working fine. Very pleased with the ability to use the tuner function i.e. I was too far away from the Kemper to see the onboard tuner clearly. I'm one of those guys who probably only uses 2-3 profiles and in fact, I mostly play clean fingerstyle jazz chord melody on a nylon string. It wasn't the case when I bought the Kemper 3 years ago but it is now. The remote might be a bit of an overkill for my use but I have several clean profiles set up for the particular guitar e.g. archtop, classical etc and I like the ability to just switch via the foot pedal. Its a well thought out pedal and I'm looking forward to Kemper adding additional features. I'm also pleased with the looper function. I used it a bunch today to improvise over basic II-V-1 changes and was very satisfied with the ease of use. I probably won't use it for performance but as a sharpen your chops device its great.

PS: Thanks Ingolf for the tip on the connector. Going to pick up some flat CAT5E so I can place it under the rug in my music room

Mountainman, Thanks. I sent an email to support a short while ago. I should have checked this website before sending. Anyway, the remote works fine using a plain jane Cat5 cable and I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and ease of use. rob

All, Thanks. Yeah I've just resigned myself that this is just going to be "One of those" purchases. I'm sure you all have had them at sometime or another. To top it off, I had to head out of town this weekend and wasn't going to be able to be at my house for the delivery. But I went online midweek last week on the UPS website and arranged to hold the remote at the UPS shipping location which is about 25 miles south of my house but since I was heading by that place on my way back it wouldn't be a problem. I get to the UPS place and give them my name address, "Nothing! Nada! I told them I just checked it last night and it was waiting for pickup. NOPE! Someone screwed up and put it on the truck by mistake, so delivery was attempted and of course I wasn't home I was at the friggin' UPS terminal.

So I asked if could be delivered to my house tomorrow. Yes but I have to go online and release the hold at shipping facility but since it was so close it may or may not be take and it might get held at the shipping facility or it might be out on the truck again. I asked UPS person. "Can't you go in and release the hold? No can do!. At this point I felt like a character actor in a Seinfeld episode. Fortunately they gave me the cell number of the UPS driver who handles my area and I arranged to meet him and of course he was 15 miles in the other direction (north) from my house. I live in a rural area so the UPS drivers out here cover a lot of ground. What a cluster!

I did have few short lengths of CAT5 cable and at least the remote works, I guess, I'll have to file a warranty claim to get the connection cable.

The one amusing part was the paper invoice on the box says "UPS Expedited". I'm just glad they didn't ship it standard or normal, by the time I received it Kemper 3 would be out. Thanks all.

All, After being stuck in shipping for 23 days I finally received my remote today. Arrived intact and no damage. But the only thing in the box is the remote. Is one supposed to get a connecting cable, manual?? Is the cable a standard CAT5 cable? I'd like to use the d@mn thing after waiting nearly a month since ready to ship.

My remote is currently making its way towards me but the reason I bought this remote is the ease of use. I don't want to spend a bunch of time programming. I don't have the time nor the inclination. If I didn't mind doing that there are a number of other options available. I just want to plug it in a play. With the Kemper Remote, I can actually use the tuner feature of the Kemper i.e. I'm not sitting/standing next to the kemper so if I can't see it it isn't useful. That being said, I wish the tuner had the capability to program offsets. Do I wish it was cheaper. H@ll yea! but the cost wasn't a deal breaker for me when you consider the convenience factor.

Finally!!! I received an email about 30 mins ago from Mountainman saying "My remote was shipped yesterday". Unfortunately it won't arrive here until next Monday but at least it has been shipped. To add another wrinkle to the folks still waiting for theirs, I never received an email from Kemper (until the Mountainman's email) saying it had changed status and yes I've been checking my spam folders, nor did my status change on my account order page i.e. as of 5 mins ago it still reads "ready for shipping" the same thing it has been saying for 24 days. Now I just hope it arrives intact and is in working order. A truly frustrating experience.

Dear Kemper, What does it take to get my remote. I ordered on 14 Jan, notice to ship on 9 March, paid on 10 March (expected ship date of 23 March on). Yet I see folks who ordered later, got a later ship date receive their remotes and while I'm glad for them, I'm ticked off that I'm still waiting. If I didn't want really want this product and if I felt Kemper was a disreputable company (I do not) I would have by now filed a dispute with my credit card company.

apologies for the inconvenience caused, there is clearly something wrong. i've passed on the the info and let you know once i got news.
    gs

Gstring, I hate to sound like an impatient child on Christmas Eve but have you heard anything about the status of my remote? rob

GString, Thanks. On 9 March I received my "ready to ship" email, On 16 March after a week had gone by' I sent a query to Kemper support and on 18 March received a reply that it would ship in a "few days". When nothing had happened I sent another query early last week and have not received a reply. My expected ship date was 23 March. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Same problem here, my order number is 3447023 "Ready for shipping " and has been that way for a while. I emailed them with no reply. Very frustrating order system.

My order number is:246955 and I have been in "ready to ship" mode for 3 weeks now. If order numbers have any meaning you have a long wait.

Khaki_Lackey, None of the information including estimated ship date is relevant. My estimated ship date was from the 23rd of March. There have been folks on here who have received their remote with shipment dates as late as 6 April. And the rash of defective or damaged remotes (and subsequent replacement) have not helped. Nothing one can do but wait. That said, I understand that there are supply issues but don't charge my card and send me an email saying its ready to ship when it in my case it is still "ready to ship" 18 days after receiving my "ready to ship" email.