Posts by RobT

Ibanez, I hear ya!. When I received my "ready to ship" email on 9 March, I thought it would just be a couple of days before it would be shipped. Hope it works out differently for you.

Congrats Carl, Glad to see another remote delivered intact, functional and to my home state no less. Now if mine would just move out of it's terminal state of "ready to ship"....two and 1/2 weeks now, I'd be ecstatic.

Same here. Took about two weaks from "ready to ship" until "shipped"...

Thanks but my frustration is with the inconsistencies/fairness in the whole process. In this thread there is a customer who got his notice of "ready to ship" on the 17th of march and by the 19th of March it was shipped. He ordered later, had a later ship date and to top it off, he lives roughly 40 miles from me. ??

Yes, I contacted support last Monday and I was told it would ship in a "few days". Meanwhile folks who have ordered later than I, paid later, received a later ship date have already received their remote and they live in the same state. To be fair to Kemper in their initial email said they said it would ship on the 23rd or later. But the apparent randomness of the supply process leaves one guessing. At this point, I'm a bit ticked off.

Well, Still waiting on my first remote and I'm now into the week it was supposed to ship. I've been in "ready to ship" mode for 14 days now.

Millbrooks, To steal a line from Jerry Seinfeld looks like "No Soup For You" but take heart, even though you may not be an "earlybird" you will probably get your remote before other early birds.

I clearly don't understand the ordering process, I ordered on 14 Jan, paid in full on 10 March, got a ship date of 23 March but I see folks who ordered later, paid later, got a later ship date by several weeks (live in the USA) yet are getting their remote while I for the past 10 days have a "ready for shipment". I'm sure I'm not the only one but it sure is frustrating at this point.

Ordered on the Jan 14, told it would ship on or after the 23rd of Mar, Ready for shipping on 9 March, paid on 10 March. Still ready for shipping 9 days later. I sent an email request for status a couple of days ago and received a reply this morning stating it would "ship in a few days" whatever that means. If you are ever in a supermarket with me don't get behind me in a line, I have a knack for picking the slow ones e.g. the behind the one person with the 50+ coupons or the folks who rummage through their purse of pockets for 5 minutes looking for the exact change only to come up short.

I initially thought there was some rational for Kemper's ordering process but I was apparently mistaken. I ordered on 14 Jan, Received a its "ready for shipping" email on 9 Mar, charged my credit card on 10 March and its been ready for shipping ever since. When they charged my card I had expected it would ship shortly thereafter. But no such luck. Email to Kemper regarding the status as gone unanswered.

Don't get your hopes up. I ordered on the 14th of Jan, Received an email saying I should receive it from the 23rd of Mar on. To my surprise I received an email on 9 March saying it was " Ready for Delivery. Now it it' is 16 March and it is still "Ready For Delivery". Kemper did charge my credit card on 10 March. So I'll guess I'll have to contact them to find out what is going on.

I don't see it as a USA thing as much as a "internet" thing . The behavior seen on the remote section of this forum isn't any different than any other in demand product today e.g. Apple phone, etc. Go look at TGP and you can read the same hyperventilation abut Atomic Amps latest product. Now, I'm an old guy (middle 60's) so that may account for my laid back attitude about this issue i.e. I can easily remember a time when someone just threw it in the post office box and you had no idea when it showed up. Other than "tricking" Kemper's order system so the address # and zip code were in the right order, I didn't have any problems ordering. I ordered on the 14th of Jan by the way. I was sent an email that said it would be shipped sometime after the 23rd of March. Given some of the issues with 3.0, I'm ok with that date.

About a third of my my guitars have no inlays in the face of the neck. I prefer the clean look of an ebony fretboard. I play a fair amount of classical guitar and none of my classical guitars have either side dots or fret inlays and I found it difficult to switch between different scale lengths or guitars with different scale lengths so I added side dots to my classical guitars.

In my opinion, one of the primary reason I'm a fan of the Turbo Tune is its ability to lock on quickly to the pitch. I used to use a Peterson VS-1 for general tuning and intonation but that was replaced by the TT. The quickness, accuracy and ability to handle offsets e.g. I have one guitar fitted with a True Temperament neck which requires a unique set of offsets, make the TT a winner. I also don't consider the TT a "high end " tuner unless you are comparing it to a Snark or a Tuning fork.

So what's wrong with that?
    Tom has been working on Atomic amps/speakers for many years, now he has a great product that's selling well, of course he deserves to be making money.

I'm with Guitartone on this one. I own one of there cabs and I'm very pleased with the product. I don't see them "laughing their asses of (sic)". I see two hardworking guys that made a good product and provide good service. I

It is the price one pays for being an early adopter. I purchased my KPA unseen and unheard when it was first available in the US. I wasn't at the time aware of any plans for a solid state amp so I can't really claim that I'm let down. Myself, I'm not disappointed about this aspect of the KPA. I'm not a fan of integrated components and I currently run the KPA through a Atomic Amps CLR cab and I'm very pleased with the result. I can't imagine a KPA amplifier and another cab would be much of an improvement. Frankly, I'd much have a dedicated foot controller or a looper than an integrated power amp. Overall I'm very pleased with my Kemper but I knew going in that it was a work in progress and to date, I have been pleased with the efforts put forth by the Kemper team.

Gianfranco, According to the manual, there are 3 settings. Free-Field (FF) where the speaker wedge or cab is elevated on a stand, Tilt (TILT) where the speaker (wedge or Cab) is used as a floor wedge tilted upwards. In this case the wedge would sit on the floor and the cab would sit on the floor tilted backwards and Backline (BL) for when the speaker is used as a traditional guitar speaker cab i.e. on the ground firing horizontally. In this case one would turn the wedge on end.I can't say if the presets have been tailored to each speaker i.e. the tilt setting has been programmed differently for a wedge or a tilted cab but it would appear from what I have read they are the same.

"As for the differences between the two formats again, the wedge has one DSP preset for the... Wedge position, it would not be the same to tilt the cab back, even tho we're probably talking nuances here."

Viabacroce, From what I have read including the manual and from Tom King, there is no difference between the cab and the wedge other than the physical shape i.e. they have the same DSP presets. See Tom King's clarification to this same issue.

Tom King on the FractaI Web site " I think you may have misunderstood what Jay said or meant. He has said
    that the presets are crucial for getting a flat response in the
    different positions but never mentioned this being exclusive to the
    wedge. Both the cab and the wedge have the same exact power section
    which includes the 3 position preset switch. Both versions sound
    identical.

FWIW, my personal setup is 2 active cabs which I use both on the floor
    like a traditional amp (in "BL" or backline mode) and pole mounted on
    stands (in "FF" or free field mode).

-TK"