Posts by RobT

I was confirmed on 12/13 and I was in the same boat i.e. I requested a wedge but they were sold out and I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for a active wedge. After doing some research, I decided not to wait an go with the cab. From my research, there is NO difference between the cab and the wedge other than shape i.e. they have the same presets or controls as the wedge, they are capable of mounting on a pole just like the wedge etc. See the Atomic website and you will see there is no difference other than shape. If you needed strictly a wedge for floor monitoring, then you might want to wait for the wedge but honestly, I can tilt the cab back or mount it on a stand.

I think it's counter productive for Kemper users to bash on Fractal or the Axe. It makes the Kemper community look petty. We like the product we like. And we can even find things we like about the others. They're all just boxes with circuits on the inside.

I agree 100%. I'm a bit tired of the my box is better than your box dialog. Focus on making the Profiling Amp a better product. It will sell itself.

I purchased this amp in late August after being told it would ship in two weeks. Two weeks turned into 2 months due to various issues from parts availabilities to personnel issues. Last week I was told by the dealer that Freyette said it would now be in the December time frame (part availability) so I cancelled the order and received a refund. By the way, Nick at the Axe Palace has been great to deal with and when or if it becomes available, I would purchase from him. That said, after spending more time with the Kemper, I'm about ready to go the FRFR route for other than studio applications.

Although I don't own the above mentioned profiles, I concur with Will's comments. I completely agree with Will's statement that "...every guitar sounds different and you will likely need to do
    some minor tweaking to match your guitar " but you have to do this with a tube amp as well so in that regard its not much different. . Every Amp Factory profile I've purchased and I've bought several have required tweaking to my ears, type of guitar and room/sound reproduction. The tweaking however has been relatively minor and not time consuming. You won't be disappointed with the profile but you will have to spend some time with the Kemper to best the best out of it. My favorites to date have been the 59 Bassman, Trainwreck and Two Rock profiles. Also download the free profiles Andy has on his site.

When I purchased my Kemper in March of this year I already owned an 11 Rack and frankly was a bit underwhelmed when I went the through the stock profiles. However, taking the time to understand the unit, firmware updates and purchase of a few Amp Factory profiles have left me shall we say a very happy Kemper owner. I'm not a person who likes to spend a lot of time drilling down through screen menus etc and the intuitive and user friendly interface has added to the aural satisfaction. I have a pretty decent set of studio monitors and like others have mentioned, I had heard really good clips of the Kemper so I had an idea of what it was capable of doing and I figured I just had to spend some time with the unit to fully understand what was needed to get the sound I wanted. When I first got the unit, I loaded dozens of user generated profiles and found most unsatisfactory so when commercial profiles were available, I tried a few and now stick almost entirely with them. That's not to say there are not good free profiles available e.g. some unique Bill Ruppert profiles but it was taking me too much time separating the wheat from the chaff.

Dada, After being told it was 2 weeks out when I purchased the LXII from the Axe Palace, I then read on the Fractal Forum and week or so later that the Axe Place was quoting 6-8 weeks. I sent an email off and received a confirming email from Nick at the Axe Palace that indeed it would be 8 weeks due to a "part availability". Since then, I haven't heard anything. I'm frankly not a happy camper and I'm on the verge of cancelling the order. If I had known it was going to be two months, I would have either gone the Retro Channel route or at the least not spent $1299.00 and waited until it was available.

Is there any news on when Kemper might have a dedicated foot controller for sale? I've looked at a number of alternatives but I'd like to get one that is dedicated to my Kemper but if its going to be more than 6 months out, I'll have to look at picking up an alternative.

Release the KPA poweramp we will see how it sounds.(and compare with our setup)

Aye, Aye, I got tired of waiting and decided to purchase the Fryette. I considered the Matrix amp or going the FFFR route e.g. RCF but decided for what I do a separate amp and guitar cab or passive FFR would better suit me. Now I am holding out for the Kemper foot controller so the sooner that comes to fruition the better.

I'm currently using the Kemper with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 using SPDIF with a Windows 7 64 bit PC. No problems. I was previously using a M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card and no problems with that either. Same PC, same OS. I bought the Focusrite because I was having continuing problems with the adapter cards used to adapt the PCI male of the Delta with the PCIe slot on the motherboard of my PC.

Have you downloaded both manuals from the Kemper website? Importing profiles into the Kemper is very easy via a USB stick (see page 36 of the Basic manual). Also search for tills cabs and download them into the same folder. The two manuals are pretty straight forward but I wish they had just given me one printed manual combining both sections.

Dear Kemper, Is there any difference between the latest 1.06 beta version and the official release version? I'm not ready to jump to 1.07 and if there is no difference between the beta and release version of 1.06, I'll just stay the course. Thanks rob

I don't buy anything with the intention of returning it within 30 days. I always pay by credit card for the obvious protections. I don't have to explain any purchase I make but I would not buy something if I couldn't afford it. I also do as much research as necessary before making any pretty much any purchase. Folks who buy stuff to try it out all the while knowing they cannot afford it or had the intention of returning it in the first place drive the cost up on every product. That said, I have had second thoughts about my leaping in too early with this product. If I had to do it again, I probably would wait until a few of the known issues are shorted out / completed e.g. performance mode, power amp, profile manager etc. I'm still within my 30 days and at this time will not return my Kemper because it sounds and feels very good compared to my 11R and at least for me, I like the work flow and edited is very easy. I also like the look of the Kemper. At least it stands out in a sea of black and orange menu driven boxes. I will say that I hope that the Kemper folks continue to refine and upgrade the existing unit i.e. there isn't a Kemper 2 in the wings that will make my Kemper OBE in the next six months.