Posts by davec69

You possibly have a defective FRFR-108. Maybe a bad tweeter? I've used one for several years with my Kemper, and I've never experienced any muffled sound. I use both channels of the FRFR-108. Kemper main outs go to FOH mixer in stereo. Kemper monitor out goes to my powered Atomic FRFR cab, in the usual guitar cab position behind me on stage. And a pass through from the Atomic goes to channel 1 of my FRFR-108 which is in the usual floor monitor position in front of me. I also run an aux send from our mixer to channel 2 of the FRFR-108, in case I need to blend in some vocals or other elements of the band. The Headrush always sounds great. At lower volume gigs, I've used the Headrush alone, and it also sounds good in the room. You just need to treat it like the 8" monitor that it is. It's not going to fill up a large area with big sound. that little plastic cab, sounds crappy at the extremes.

Just found these cool Bluetooth midi adapters from Xvive, and bought a pair to try out between my Behringer FCB-1010 and Kemper. One less cable to deal with at shows. Thought I'd post the info here. Price was only 40.00 each on Amazon. Basically, you only need one if you want to connect midi to a bluetooth device like a laptop, Ipad. I haven't tried this yet, but it may work for connecting IOS Rig Manager to Kemper. If you order two MD1 kits, they pair to each other and you basically have wireless midi. I plugged one set in my Kemper midi jacks and a second set in my Behringer foot controller midi jacks, and they paired up in seconds. Now I have wireless midi between the two devices. Haven't done much testing, but it worked right away. I'll paste a video link below for anyone else, interested. Seems like these could be very useful, for many things, and the price is not bad at all.

Xvive Video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you intend to use the ALTERNATIVE IN as guitar input at the beginning of the PROFILER signal chain, you must not crank up the Aux In Mixes and must not have an active effect loop. These are conflicting functions of the ALTERNATIVE IN. It can only act as one of those at a time. The way how such conflicts are dealt with have changed over time in the evolution of the OS. Don't know, which versions you have installed.

You can test to plug your external equipment by feeding it into the Front INPUT and set Input Source accordingly.

I've tried both off and max settings with the Aux In controls. No change either way. Still no sound.

I do not have any loop blocks active, but I have tried both ways. No change. still no sound from the alternative input jack

Only cables in the top row of the rear of my Kemper are "Monitor Out", going to my FRFR cabinet, and the cable from my wireless, going to the "Alternative Input" jack.

Plugging the cable from the wireless base into the front input jack, works perfectly.

Fwiw. Not sure if there were any hardware changes, over time, but this is a very early Kemper. Purchased in the first batch from 2012.

Picked up a Line 6 wireless a few days ago, and I'm not having any luck getting it to produce sound via the alternative input on my Kemper. Not sure what I'm missing.

Line out of the wireless base is plugged directly to the Kemper's "Alternative Input" jack. Nothing plugged in the Kemper front jack.

Under "Input" menu, I switched from "Front Input Jack" to Alternative Input Jack"

Next, went to "Master" menu page 7 and raised all the Aux In levels. Still no signal on the Kemper's input meter, and no sound.

Not sure if it matters, but "Direct Out " is set "Master Mono".

One other thing, when I increase the Aux In volumes, I notice the word [OFF] to the right. Is there something else I need to enable?

In my hunt for the perfect tone, I have tried many of the "FRFR" solutions. The Headrush 108 is probably the best for low volume, in my opinion. I use it for smaller gigs, and it sounds great at lower volumes. Lightweight, and since it has two separate inputs, I can run another line in, if needed. From a vocal monitor mix, or something else. Mind you, this is my 2nd 108. My first 108 went up in smoke at a gig, and was replaced by HeadRush. So, there's that....

I just unlink my main outs volume from the front panel knob. Then set it and forget it. Every FOH gets the same volume. The monitor out is still linked to the front panel control, so adjusting there only changes the monitor out on stage.

Should there be different volume levels of the same rig, when switching between Browser and Performance modes? Found a great clean rig in browser mode. Nice loud. Sounds great. Copy and pasted the same rig into a newly initialized performance, savedthe performance and the rig volume is now so low, it's barely audible. Is this normal? Is there some setting that I'm missing? Switch back to browser mode and the rig sounds great again. I haven't done any tweaking yet, just copy and paste to a new performance.

Personally, I don't have either, but from my perspective, you are trading simplicity (power kabinet) with flexibility (kabinet). I would guess that the tone from wither would be very similar. The advantage of the Power Kabinet, is that it's a contained unit. Plug and play. The disadvantage, if the internal amp has a problem, you lose both the amp and the kabinet. The Passive Kabinet requires more work, dealing with a separate amp, kabinet, cables, ect. But, you get the flexibility that if your amp dies, you still have a working kabinet.

Here's what works for me

1. Home / Live FOH mix - I do this using the main stereo outs on the Kemper, or using headphones (Never through "Monitor Out"). I go into a quality pair of monitors/speakers, or headphones at home. All patches and editing on my Kemper, are created in this environment. Never through the monitor out jack of the Kemper. If you can get a good tone using this method, any competent engineer should be able to take the same signal (important), and get a similar or better tone for FOH. Note: Don't let the stage tech, try to place a microphone on your on stage monitor, basically bypassing all the work you did at home. That is where many problems occur, and it's going to sound like crap. Also, don't send your Monitor Out signal to FOH, unless you follow #2.

2. Stage Monitor Cab Only Method - If you need that "amp in the room" tone from a speaker behind you on stage, then forget #1 above and start this whole process by using the monitor out jack of your Kemper, into your on stage FRFR cab (only). Using this setup create and edit your patches/rigs (Do not use the stereo outs for creating your tones or for sending to FOH). If this setup sounds good at home from your cab, then the FOH engineer can get the same tone, by placing a mic on your stage cab. FWIW, this method require much more work, because most Kemper users are using #1 method above to create/edit their rigs for the rig exchange, so running them through your monitor setup is basically hit or miss.

3. Hybrid Option - Use #1 above as your primary FOH feed, and also add your on stage speaker/cab via the Kemper monitor out jack. Here's where it get tricky. Resist the temptation to adjust or tweak, your patches/rigs, based on what you're hearing from your stage cab. The minute you do this, you are screwing up your FOH feed. If tweaks to your on stage sound is needed, either tweak the controls on the FRFR speaker itself, or via the Kemper "Monitor Out" settings.